Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 87

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/87.htm

Author:   Charlie
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 6:38am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
quote The Slayer
quote hiigaran
my PPD restriction imposed by the tyrannical Charlie should end tomorrow!
Wow, insulting a Neoseeker Moderator in the forums? I think thats like an 11ppd ban for 20 days... Right Charlie?

Hm....yeah, another one wouldn't hurt.

quote hiigaran
an insult? nah man, thats nothing compared to the black jokes i throw at him on a weekly basis!
....And none of them are that good at all.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 6:50am (PST)
oh shush, you! ive said it before and ill say it again. simply because i post them, thanks to my awesomeness, they are automatically funnier.

universal fact.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 7:10am (PST)
quote hiigaran
are you searching online for the xbox cables? if so, most search engines on sites and on google will allow you to exclude words. just type in 'xbox' and then '-360' to exclude the 360.
I know that, but I shouldn't have to do that. Besides I was searching on Amazon for one. Even with -360 in the search field it's still impossible to find them. The second search result came back for a USB hub

TBH Charlie is mod of the MLP forum aswell... to insult him even further than having that plastered beneath is username would be unfair.

quote hiigaran
an insult? nah man, thats nothing compared to the black jokes i throw at him on a weekly basis!

^ Charlie's favourite smiley for more than one reason

Author:   Ren of Heavens
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 8:31am (PST)
You'll have much better luck looking on eBay, harbin91, Amazon is pretty terrible for things like that.

This is currently the cheapest one available.

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 8:58am (PST)
quote Ren of Heavens
You'll have much better luck looking on eBay, harbin91, Amazon is pretty terrible for things like that.

This is currently the cheapest one available.
Not really wanting to buy from ebay TBH. Might see what some of the game stores (not the likes of Game or Grainger Games) in town have in, the smaller, independent retailers. Quite a few of them have actually got some older games in (pre-sixth gen). Might accidentally come across some older platform gems.

Author:   Luis_GT
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 9:34am (PST)
quote harbin91
Well that just sucks. Decided that I'm gonna get around to setting up my Xbox and my Gamecube again, and I can't find the power leads for them... and finding a power lead for an Xbox is impossible when everything returned is for an Xbox 360. If I wanted something for an Xbox 360, I would've typed in 'Xbox 360'

Wanted to play Halo aswell.

quote Luis_GT
$70 more and you can get a 480gb.

On the subject of pricing, why on earth does this SSD cost $349.99 in the US which translates to £218.73 yet on the UK Amazon store it's £272.97?

I absolutely hate this country. Companies and their *bleep*ing ripoff prices.

From the review I read it's the fastest thing available to date... although I do doubt I'll notice it... and well, I bought a nice cheap mSATA to SATA adapter for my lil old 64gb mSATA drive that I'll prolly place in my desktop.

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 11:06am (PST)
quote Luis_GT
quote harbin91
Well that just sucks. Decided that I'm gonna get around to setting up my Xbox and my Gamecube again, and I can't find the power leads for them... and finding a power lead for an Xbox is impossible when everything returned is for an Xbox 360. If I wanted something for an Xbox 360, I would've typed in 'Xbox 360'

Wanted to play Halo aswell.

quote Luis_GT
$70 more and you can get a 480gb.

On the subject of pricing, why on earth does this SSD cost $349.99 in the US which translates to £218.73 yet on the UK Amazon store it's £272.97?

I absolutely hate this country. Companies and their *bleep*ing ripoff prices.

From the review I read it's the fastest thing available to date... although I do doubt I'll notice it... and well, I bought a nice cheap mSATA to SATA adapter for my lil old 64gb mSATA drive that I'll prolly place in my desktop.
If I was that bothered about speed I'd get a PCIe SSD... that or just buy as much RAM as my motherboard supports and set up a RAMDisk.

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
*bleep* YEAH RAMDISK!

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 11:24am (PST)
Ram disk sucks... I'm to cheap to buy a UPS and I care about turn on speed...

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 11:32am (PST)
quote Luis_GT
Ram disk sucks...
What the *bleep* is this shit? What the hell am I reading!? Blasphemy! Blasphemy I tell you.

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 11:35am (PST)
quote harbin91
quote Luis_GT
Ram disk sucks...
What the *bleep* is this shit? What the hell am I reading!? Blasphemy! Blasphemy I tell you.
I'll say it again... RAM DISKS SUCK!

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 11:38am (PST)
quote Luis_GT
quote harbin91
quote Luis_GT
Ram disk sucks...

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 11:45am (PST)
quote harbin91
quote Luis_GT
quote harbin91
quote Luis_GT
Ram disk sucks...

I'd rather have a non volatile storage system... just now the light went out and my computer shut off... but nothing happened to it... and windows will be equally slow or slower booting up since you can't keep data stored on the ram with the PC off.

So yes... they suck

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 11:56am (PST)
quote Luis_GT
quote harbin91
quote Luis_GT
quote harbin91
quote Luis_GT
Ram disk sucks...

I'd rather have a non volatile storage system... just now the light went out and my computer shut off... but nothing happened to it... and windows will be equally slow or slower booting up since you can't keep data stored on the ram with the PC off.

So yes... they suck
That is why I don't use it on automatic startup. At the moment I just use it to store program cache files (like Firefox stuff), since it's volatile, it wipes it all anyway.

Besides you could easily mount stuff on the RAMdisk, doesn't have to set everything up on startup, so no. RAMDisk doesn't suck.

Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 11:57am (PST)
actually, RAM disks are powered externally from the computer (the good ones are, anyway), so that even when the computer turns off, the power still flows to the RD. of course, thats why you need a UPS, or at least something that can maintain a few seconds of power during a brief loss of power.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.