Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 84

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/84.htm

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 2:45am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
1: what Player1 said
2: because im a lazy *bleep*

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 3:39am (PST)
*Player1 has entered the game.*

Author:   Luis_GT
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 5:41am (PST)
And how many times have any of you been stuck in a situation like that? Most likely the one and only time it happens, even your 2 week lasting battery will be dead... cause that's how it works.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 7:17am (PST)
quite a few times actually. like i said, im lazy when it comes to charging. since old habits die hard, i find an alternative.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 9:48am (PST)
I've noticed the battery on my phone is shit. Charge lasts anywhere between 4-16 hours depending on how the phone feels and what you're doing. My previous phone could actually last a day or two, and the phone before that could last atleast half a week.

The battery indicator on it is flawed and doesn't seem to update at times so its makes it appear as though is goes from full to flat instantly. New battery aswell

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
quote The Slayer
quote LOD-squa
quote The Slayer
Does no one check pockets before they throw clothes in the washer? I always check my pockets. Saved me from washing my chapstick a few times, find coins in them all the time. Never almost washed my wallet or phone, but hard to when I check the pockets.

Hiigaran, I have an iPhone 3Gs thats lasted 3 years without a problem. The battery will last me two or three days with limited use. Usually at the end of the day its only at 70%.
Are you jailbroken? I have had my iPhone 4 Jailbroken last me almost 4 days.
Yeah, I've had mine jailbroken for a while. I've never had it last 4 days, but I've gone two or 3 days without charging before. I always plug mine in at night when I go to bed anyway.

I usually charge mine at night if it's under 30% but sometimes I like to see how far I can make it go. I was super surprised to see it get as high as 4 days though, and even then I still had about 3% left.

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 11:19am (PST)
quote harbin91
I've noticed the battery on my phone is shit. Charge lasts anywhere between 4-16 hours depending on how the phone feels and what you're doing. My previous phone could actually last a day or two, and the phone before that could last atleast half a week.

The battery indicator on it is flawed and doesn't seem to update at times so its makes it appear as though is goes from full to flat instantly. New battery aswell
Charge it up fully, then let it drain until it shuts off and will not turn back on. Wait about 2 hours, then charge it up to 100%. That might fix it.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 11:22am (PST)
The Slayer - that depends on the type of battery. you normally have Li-ion and Ni-Mh batteries for rechargeable devices. i dont remember which one, but letting the battery drain on one of them will kill the battery almost completely (if not outright). i think thats the Li-ion, but i cant be 100%

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 11:59am (PST)
It is a Lion (Lion sounds better than Li-ion) battery. Had to take the battery out to check and now its forgotten some stuff, such as the time and locality settings

Author:   Supernova1332
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 12:10pm (PST)
quote harbin91
Bloody hell give the 7xxx series chance eh AMD?

Might be just in time for my next upgrade, if not and the current setup still maxes out games then I'll miss that generation. Definately would need a new board though (for PCIE3), since a new card would likely be the 8950/70 of the two.

If them projections are anything accurate, seems like it'll be a big increase between series, although can't really tell since I don't know what the projection was between 6xxx and 7xxx.

For that table, how come reduction in power and price are in red, that would imply the decrease in power consumption and the fact its cheaper is bad.

Tempted to Nvidia Intel though, but that will depend on what dominates the market and benchmarks at the time. For now, I'm happy with my 6950 and Phenom.
They hinted right after the 7k series hit that it wouldnt be long before the 8k came out. The quick dev cycles and availability are really what's giving them that little edge vs nvidia, even though the cards aren't that great spec vs spec.

Red is always for negative numbers in business, whether they're good or bad. The PR people from the tech companies would use green in ads and some press because people associate green with good.

Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 12:31pm (PST)
Yeah but decreased power consumption is good, so surely that should be in green. I know red is used for money loss in business but we're not talking about money with that.

Surely though, making dev cylces shorter could yield issues, such as people not upgrading because they know that in a few months their hardware will be out of date because of an immediate new release, unless the price differences for upgrading are reduced. That dev cycle works for software to ensure its always uptodate, not sure how it works for hardware though.

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Sep 26, 12 at 1:08pm (PST)
Hardware is always a few generations in development, you have your major architecture releases and your speed boosts that carry you between those huge changes. Although sometimes those revisions are unpredictable and don't deliver as they should.

Btw guys, the new comment system is delivering new threads to all the forums from articles and news, just keep in mind the date when they appear.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 6:03am (PST)
quote Tonystew42
Just thought I'd leave this here.

I honestly have a Chubby right now.

Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 6:06am (PST)
Still wants to know what the real temps to that was.

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 9:02am (PST)
quote harbin91
Still wants to know what the real temps to that was.
In the comments if you can sift through the rage he says it only gets down to about 20c which is still a good result but not for cost of fans lol.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.