Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 82

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/82.htm

Author:   Luis_GT
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 7:31pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
quote hiigaran
Does no one check pockets before they throw clothes in the washer?
thats what happens when you make phones that are bloody tiny!

iPhone
the day i buy an iphone is the day i have angry buttsex with the devil

Ren of Heavens - i would have bought that if the battery life didnt suck. needs to be 800 hours of standby or more. the absolute lowest im willing to do is 500.
Get with the times!, get a Galaxy note, it's so big you won't forget it's in your pocket... I love mine... And the Standby time is about 540 hours (LTE Version, the old HSDP+ (NT-7000) version has almost 800) but mine lasts only a day since I'm streaming Stocks, and browsing the net, and listening to music all the time...

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 7:34am (PST)
TBH A Galaxy Note is better than that oversized shit called a Padphone that was linked by someone somewhere on Neoseeker. Plus Apple seem to have stolen the idea of a slightly bigger rectanger with rounded corners. Not sure if I'd prefer that or the S3.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 8:56am (PST)
same shit. i like larger phones, but not that large. theres absolutely no reason that i would ever need to use a screen that massive. and again...touchscreens. those things can rot in hell.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:06am (PST)
quote hiigaran
same shit. i like larger phones, but not that large. theres absolutely no reason that i would ever need to use a screen that massive. and again...touchscreens. those things can rot in hell.
Why? Touch screens only suck if you where gloves... and even with gloves I could almost use the touch screen effectively...

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:08am (PST)
i like to feel the buttons that i press. those little midget things on touchscreens are a bitch, and it just takes one well placed hit to crack the entire screen. see, thats why brick phones are better in that respect. they can take more abuse than their touchscreen counterparts.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:14am (PST)
In 4 years of owning touch screen phones, I have never broken one... I have however broken brick phones in less than a year (Motorola SLVR, Sony Ericsson, random flip phones)

You can set the phone to vibrate every time you touch a key so you can have that button press "feel".

The keys on my phone are larger than any brick phone I've owned in the past...

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:29am (PST)
I've had the same exact iPhone 3Gs for about 3 years now. I don't even have a scratch on the screen. My battery can last 2 or 3 days, I don't have a problem using the screen/pressing buttons. I don't see finger prints at all, and if the screen does get smudgy, I just wipe it off on my shirt. I've never had a problem putting it in my pocket or taking it out or anything.

I can also pull it out and check my email or neoseeker and mess around on there when I'm bored somewhere, like in a waiting room.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:56am (PST)
quote Luis_GT
You can set the phone to vibrate every time you touch a key so you can have that button press "feel".
but you still cant feel the individual buttons, so what use is it?

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 11:03am (PST)
I like the idea that I can get emails on my phone, but the OS seems quite laggy at times, such as not coming out of sleep when I tell it to. The previous phone I had was a N95 which was fantastic at playing music out but couldn't do internet, proper email or much else and had a somewhat slowish menu. Granted internet on mobiles aren't perfect anyway due to limitations in storage.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 12:50pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
quote Luis_GT
but you still cant feel the individual buttons, so what use is it?
Why do you need to feel the individual buttons? All keypad buttons feel the same

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 12:56pm (PST)
uhh, not sure you understand what i mean...i need to know i am pressing a button...not pressing in between two buttons and either missing my target button, or pressing both of them. to feel each button, i need to be able to feel the gaps between them, so i know just that.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 12:59pm (PST)
All buttons are like that aren't they? Unless it's the volume control which is kinda like a bar usually.

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 1:00pm (PST)
Why do you need to feel the buttons? I've gotten so used to the keyboard layout on my touchscreen that I can type on it without even looking at the screen.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 1:03pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
uhh, not sure you understand what i mean...i need to know i am pressing a button...not pressing in between two buttons and either missing my target button, or pressing both of them. to feel each button, i need to be able to feel the gaps between them, so i know just that.
You really are oblivious to smartphone software, have you ever tried them?

You realize that the software is good enough that it won't double press... I can type on my phone as fast, or faster than I can with a regular keyboard...

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 1:04pm (PST)
quote The Slayer
Why do you need to feel the buttons? I've gotten so used to the keyboard layout on my touchscreen that I can type on it without even looking at the screen.
Don't say that or Hiigaran will go off on a rant about his hatred of touchscreens.

quote Luis_GT
quote hiigaran
You really are oblivious to smartphone software, have you ever tried them?

You realize that the software is good enough that it won't double press... I can type on my phone as fast, or faster than I can with a regular keyboard...
Some times it doesn't register it with me, rarely though. Most times I'm fine. Trying to type on a 3DS with your fingers is hard though, mainly because the letters are so damn small. Not my fault I CBA to use the stylus.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.