Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 59

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/59.htm

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 7:17am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
yup. theres a ton of work that needs to be done on this forum.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 7:26am (PST)
Sounds like your volunteering

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 7:39am (PST)
bah! thats precisely what we have renny for!

Author:   Ren of Heavens
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 8:26am (PST)
quote harbin91
Hiigaran and The Slayer what's this Neoseeker Overlocking Team forum for? It's set as private and is at the top of the forum index yet I've never heard of any of these so called Forum Wars.
Mostly for Forum Wars, but also anything else that's going on. Kind of dead at the moment.

quote hiigaran
will Ren of Heavens do?

i think its dead, anyway. there are a few things that need to be changed in this forum.

-we need a new header
-we need to remove the footer (team is dead)
-no point stickying the folding@home thread
-we still have the NACHO thread stickied from 2011 (!)
-we probably dont need the overclocking team thread to be stickied, either
Hello

Does anyone have any ideas for the header? It was the NACHO one before which I had taken down months ago, but I don't remember what was there before. Didn't spot the NACHO thread was still there.

Gravity was our contact with the Forum Wars people, but he's been MIA for a while.

Where have you gone Gravity? :<

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 8:49am (PST)
i probably could have put together a banner for the forum, but without Fireworks, im useless.

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 8:55am (PST)
I have Fireworks and Illustrator but still useless... might see what I could knock up though.

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 9:01am (PST)
quote Ren of Heavens
Gravity was our contact with the Forum Wars people, but he's been MIA for a while.
http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7942-forum-wars-2012-will-be-cancelled/

Not sure where Gravity is at but yeah no Forum Wars this year if we could really get a strong system setup for submissions and benchmarking this year maybe we could do something on Neo. Possibly get the combined super powers of Ren of Heavens and Sonic Flash to deliver some madness if Redemption would permit it.

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 9:03am (PST)
I'd submit mine, but not sure how capable it is for that. I know for these some poeple go for a quick liquid nitrogen cooling session and super-overclock the shit out of stuff with crazy voltages and speeds and what not...

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 9:19am (PST)
That would be why they always have different tier structures for these things, Extreme, Air, Liquid, Stock as example tiers where people could do things. Forcing users to run Coretemp or etc so that we don't get people claiming 6.5ghz on an H100

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 9:31am (PST)
TBH I did get my 965 to 4Ghz without touching vcore, although any higher and it just blue screens, so I'm guessing to break that I would need to up the voltages... not sure how high I can go with voltages until I hit the absolute safety limit... is it until temps get a problem or is there just a set limit that any higher and it risks serious damage?

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 10:01am (PST)
quote VeGiTAX2
quote Ren of Heavens
http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7942-forum-wars-2012-will-be-cancelled/

Not sure where Gravity is at but yeah no Forum Wars this year if we could really get a strong system setup for submissions and benchmarking this year maybe we could do something on Neo. Possibly get the combined super powers of Ren of Heavens and Sonic Flash to deliver some madness if Redemption would permit it.
What's Forum Wars? All I know so far is that I could have been delivering madness. So I miss it, despite not knowing what exactly it is...

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 10:04am (PST)
Forum Wars is a big overclocking competition started by The Raptor Pit. Each forum makes a team(s) and they compete in different categories, mostly down to what processor you have. Everyone in the team overclocks their system, runs benchmarks and they all combine their scores. Hardware part manufactures donate prizes (like cases, hard drives, ect) for the winners.

Ren of Heavens is our resident closet super mod.

No clue about the header, but everything here needs updated or just removed because its not needed .

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 12:45pm (PST)
I think its a good idea to participate if we have enough members interested.

Date:   Aug 28, 12 at 1:09pm (PST)
Forum wars would be cool, it's cancelled for this year actually but I was referring to the Neo Overclocking Competition going with something a bit more formal for a functional system.

Users able to fill out designated forms here, upload screens to their neo accounts and not have judges mill through pages of submissions.

Something as an example of a form might be

Stock:
CPU: [Model] [Frequency] [Memory Type] [Memory SPD] [Timings] [Motherboard] [Temp]
Validation Screens: [Coretemp] [CPU-Z] [CPU-Z Memory] [CPU-Z MB]

[Validated] [Not Valid]

Overclocked:
CPU: [Model] [Frequency] [Memory Type] [Memory SPD] [Timings] [Motherboard] [Temp]
Validation Screens: [Coretemp] [CPU-Z] [CPU-Z Memory] [CPU-Z MB]

[Validated] [Not Valid]

Submissions would fall under the same idea

Stock:
CPU Bench: [3DMark11] [Aquamark] [SiSoft] [SuperPi] [HyperPi] [PCMark 2005]
Validation Screens: [3DMark11] [Aquamark] [SiSoft] [SuperPi] [HyperPi] [PCMark 2005]

[Validated] [Not Valid]

Overclocked:
CPU Bench: [3DMark11] [Aquamark] [SiSoft] [SuperPi] [HyperPi] [PCMark 2005]
Validation Screens: [3DMark11] [Aquamark] [SiSoft] [SuperPi] [HyperPi] [PCMark 2005]

[Validated] [Not Valid]

Just a thought, I'm sure if we talked to vendors early enough we could actually swing a pretty decent contest in the coming months to fill that gap and promote the event as desired. Having some scripts / forms to help would make things a little easier than manually sorting if we got a big turnout though.

Author:   Luis_GT
Date:   Aug 31, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
Forum Wars was cancelled, there was some talk about making a small competition, but TRP has been dead lately... I barely log in anymore... hell... I haven't overclocked since the NACHO contest you guys held... If you make a competition, I'd join just for the hell of it, even though my computer is a bit outdated now... lol

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.