Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 50

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/50.htm

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 9:01am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
So just found out today that the college I'm currently on a work placement with has a computer division that has staff with no idea on how to adminstrate macs properly, and is pretty much made up entirely of apprentices.

They can't set it up to a printer without first disconnecting the mac from being able to access the internet, send emails in entourage or preventing it from accessing the NAS drive. Mind you, they're slow as hell and most of the time they spend parading around that colour wheel or the little wristwatch.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 9:38am (PST)
you say that like anyone has a clue on how to use a mac.

id have more success with figuring out linux, than a mac.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 9:44am (PST)
TBH I've found I can use a Mac better than I can use Windows 8. The learning curve between Windows 7 and Windows 8 for me is huge. It's alright if you just want to browse the internet but if you want to mess about managing files in explorer or something, then you're better off printing them and putting them in a filing cabinet.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 9:58am (PST)
yeah...i dont plan on getting windows 8 anytime soon. ill probably just skip it right over.

Author:   Ren of Heavens
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
Test post from my 360 :>

Author:   deeplove
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 4:37pm (PST)
Macs are nice but *bleep* them.

Date:   Aug 02, 12 at 2:13pm (PST)
man, ive come to the realisation that ive been posting way too little in this forum. lately, ive just become bored with computer stuff, i guess.

Author:   Player1
Date:   Aug 02, 12 at 3:47pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
man, ive come to the realisation that ive been posting way too little in this forum. lately, ive just become bored with computer stuff, i guess.
You post more than me.

Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 2:08am (PST)
So many friggin issues with is operating system at the minute. No viruses or anything, it's clean, but logging on to my profile and I get a massive two minute lag that seems to start as soon as I press a key, with beeping when I move my mouse (probably fixable in the registry somewhere if I knew). That doesn't happen on the guest account, but the start menu is empty, cannot launch Firefox, and paint won't save.

Date:   Aug 04, 12 at 7:12pm (PST)
harbin91 - did you get that overclocking issue of yours solved? theres someone in one of the IRC channels i frequent who shows very similar signs of an issue like yours.

Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 2:10am (PST)
quote hiigaran
harbin91 - did you get that overclocking issue of yours solved? theres someone in one of the IRC channels i frequent who shows very similar signs of an issue like yours.
Kinda... I've not started overclocking again, yet but I'm having no issues, just that little annoying thing at startup. Guest account might've been caused by some software restrictions I applied... removed them but haven't tried them yet.

This issues I've had with startup started before. Can't be certain of the cause but I applied a uxtheme patch around the same time. Then again, others have applied them with no problem.

EDIT: Well I would reinstall but it means finding my ISO file and creating a bootable USB Drive again... also means finding my Windows key. Plus I've got alot of program settings to back up aswell.

Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 3:31am (PST)
alright, thanks

Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 6:04am (PST)
What do you guys think of this board. I have that readily available. I did notice the 4+1+1 phase power design on the Asus website. Are the phase power designs different for intel and amd cpu's? Is it a decent OC mobo?

Bow Chicka Wow Wow!

Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 12:36pm (PST)
not too shabby! now overclock the shit out of that *bleep*er! if its not on fire, its not fast enough!

Date:   Aug 05, 12 at 12:40pm (PST)
hiigaran, i sure as hell will. i just need to get me that cooler first. on fah it's now up to 83c. i have a big ass house fan blowing on it too. lol. i honestly don't care if it fries. i'll take it back and raise pure hell.

i love my 3570k.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.