Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 42

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/42.htm

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jun 21, 12 at 11:36pm (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
Had the bright idea of opening up my keyboard to give it a deep clean, and now a few keys are starting to stick. Stupid spacebar and F4 key.

Mind you, I want to opening it up again and change the colour on the leds which would mean doing a fair bit of soldering, something that I haven't done in years (and wasn't that great at that either).

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Jun 22, 12 at 9:22am (PST)
hiigaran that's a really odd hitch to have on a system like that, when those came out a long while ago a buddy of mine actually built a mini lan room for BF and CS using them, later when I was at campus there was a gaming cafe that used them as well without any real lag so that's why I'm at a bit of a loss because both of those configs used 1GB with a 3000+ or 3200+

Are you using a standard HDD as well? Just wondering if maybe drive speed is an issue for some reason?

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Jun 22, 12 at 9:54am (PST)
yeah normal hard drive (IDE), but this isnt a speed issue regarding lag while accessing the drive. if i have those programs open and i try to scroll down on firefox, it becomes...difficult.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 9:11am (PST)
OMG I completely forgot about MSI Afterburner. *bleep*!!!!

Here I am breaking my head on trying to get CCC to raise my fan speeds and was getting frustrated that I couldn't.

YES!!!

My temps are at 46c on full load. Folding right now and it's a steady 46c

Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 9:30am (PST)
heh...afterburner...my weapon of choice. man was my 590 a loud beast on 100% fan. because 70% is for pussies

Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 10:08am (PST)
yes. because anything less than 100% would require panty changes!

Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 11:57pm (PST)
Jetway had an unrecoverable error with the CMOS, both chips posted D2 and D4 errors showing corruption and halting the system from coming a complete POST. Unfortunately without access to the BIOS or any functions it's currently not possible to flash them with a stable version of the BIOS.

Short of buying the tool kit from China and waiting 4 weeks for it to arrive I was pretty much out of options so now I'm running an ASRock 970 board that's actually a tweaked around 770. Budget constraints pretty much killed any hope of getting something better. :/ kind of what happens when you have a motherboard randomly crap itself while everything seems fine.

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 12:09pm (PST)
I wish my mobo randomly self destructed. That way I'd have an excuse to give the wife to get me a new one without her giving me the stinky face.

I went out and got me an extra fan for intake. Man, it brought my temps down by 4 degrees. That's pretty impressive. Now before you all ask, the brand is Cooler Master. The Sickleflow 120. I want to see how they run for awhile before I swap the 2 CPU cooler fans for them.

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 12:18pm (PST)
quote VeGiTAX2
Jetway had an unrecoverable error with the CMOS, both chips posted D2 and D4 errors showing corruption and halting the system from coming a complete POST. Unfortunately without access to the BIOS or any functions it's currently not possible to flash them with a stable version of the BIOS.

Short of buying the tool kit from China and waiting 4 weeks for it to arrive I was pretty much out of options so now I'm running an ASRock 970 board that's actually a tweaked around 770. Budget constraints pretty much killed any hope of getting something better. :/ kind of what happens when you have a motherboard randomly crap itself while everything seems fine.
Surely if it's an error on their part, they should give you the tool kit for free and pay for shipping. Releasing a faulty product to market.

quote deeplove
I wish my mobo randomly self destructed. That way I'd have an excuse to give the wife to get me a new one without her giving me the stinky face.

I went out and got me an extra fan for intake. Man, it brought my temps down by 4 degrees. That's pretty impressive. Now before you all ask, the brand is Cooler Master. The Sickleflow 120. I want to see how they run for awhile before I swap the 2 CPU cooler fans for them.
Amazing how much of a difference a fan can make to temps. Adding exhausts to the top of my case before I got the D14 made a significant difference because the chip was continuously running in the 40s idle. Eventually would like to replace my entire case fans (and those on the cooler). Mind you, I want to move the drive bays around and move the top front intake to the top of the case where normally 5.25" drives would go, seperate airflow for CPU and for GPU. Not sure how much of a difference it would make (positively or not), but I just like the idea that the CPU has it's own airflow system. Mind you, if I had the money I would've gone for a watercooled rig.

One thing I don't like about the Shinobi? The Softouch finish. Gets dusty, hard to wipe the dust of without using a damp cloth, and the dust is very noticeable. Wouldn't mind painting it with glossy spray paint. Also wouldn't mind modding the badge to light up as the power led, and change the two leds on the top.

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 12:47pm (PST)
Unfortunately it can happen to any system, just filled out the support form for the issue right now. Given they don't make this model anymore I'm a bit curious to see what they might do about the situation.

At the moment I can't say I see myself installing it even if they offer the chips to replace or swap boards, AM3+ support, USB 3.0 and SATA III support are nice perks to have.

This message was edited on 2012-06-26T13:19:36-07:00.

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 3:57pm (PST)
Lol... 5 day ban from posting in Loungin'

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 4:07pm (PST)
its always a risky thing for me to post in loungin...never been banned from loungin or anything, but sometimes i can get in to some of the most ridiculous arguments. you remember a while back there was that thread about tipping waiters? yep, that was shit hitting the fan. and its always some of the most random topics that id get in to arguments in.

i dunno...something about loungin just brings out the worst of me. thats why i try to keep my posts there to a minimum.

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 4:54pm (PST)
I remember getting banned there are few times a while back. I was cracking up at all those threads that popped up today. Some dude though asked if I care. I really don't. What I should've done is push some of his buttons but I was too hungry. Had to go buy some sandwich meat and cookies.

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 5:00pm (PST)
its 2 in the morning, and im eating tabbouli.

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 5:13pm (PST)

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.