Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 28

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/28.htm

Author:   deeplove
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 6:24am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
You guys see this? I really like the look. Especially the power and reset buttons. Corsair is coming up with some nice stuff.

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 6:32am (PST)
Green, unusual colour... not sure I like the green in that case.

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 6:49am (PST)
They also have a black and a white version.

Here.

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 7:49am (PST)
I think the white is the best looking of them although TBH, it does seem to have unnecessaries, such as those bumpy things on the front-corners (or whatever their official names are). Same could be sade with the HAF series.

One thing I do like about the Shinobi is it's simplicity... people say it's plain, I say it's clean. If there is one thing I don't like about the looks on that case, it probably would be the softtouch finish. Gives it a nice feel but it shows up dust alot more than the glossy finish, and seems harder to clean. Glossy finish, dust comes straight off. This though, it seems attached to it. People have modded it to give it a glossy touch instead but meh... the lights on the top I'd also prefer to be white, along with the lights in my keyboard. If I had a load of LEDs and a soldering iron I could probably change them but it'd be alot of messing about, plus I'd need to be careful with it so as to not mess up any other parts of the PCB. Mind you, I wouldn't mind modifying the case at somepoint anyway. Would mean having to rearrange drive cages, and heavily modify the front plastic case, and it would be alot of work just to segregate the airflow.

Problem with white though is that I can't find many white things to match it.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 7:52am (PST)
i think i might have found out what was causing the thread bugs i was talking about earlier, and it turns out it was an issue on my end. somehow...i dont know how, my.threads started showing threads ive participated in, rather than what ive subscribed to. ive never clicked those buttons. ever. meh, its all good now, i think.

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 8:49am (PST)
Hey, is this a good SSD?

Author:   Ren of Heavens
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 12:15pm (PST)
Yeah, it's pretty good. The OCZ Agility 3 is the equivalent of a Corsair Force 3 (Both SF-2281 with Asynchronous NAND).

Are you back The Slayer? Or are you just teasing again

Author:   Dennis Johnson
Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 12:42pm (PST)
Hi Friends,

I am Dennis Johnson, new on this forum. Getting knowledge about computers and devices compelled me to join this forum. I hope that I would enjoy a good experience here with you on Neoseeker.

Thank you!

Johnson

Date:   Jun 08, 12 at 1:06pm (PST)
Hey there DJ. Hope you have a wonderful time around here.

Ren, is that a good price for the SSD? 240GB is a lot for a SSD.

Author:   Ren of Heavens
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 5:40am (PST)
The price seems the cheapest you can get a 240GB at that speed, the only one cheaper on newegg (and even then only after a rebate) is 255MB/s.

My 120GB is 3/4 full at the moment, though I haven't really made any effort to save space.

Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 6:03am (PST)
i remember the times that i used to say that 255 MB/s was an awesome read speed. now, it just doesnt compare to the 500+ that is more readily available. im glad i dont have to link people any of those PCI-e cards anymore, just so that they can have the faster speeds. those are bloody expensive...though i think a PCI-e card looks better than a 2.5/3.5" drive...no cables.

Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 8:01am (PST)
Which reminds me... kinda... are Mushkin's SSDs any good? Only that I've seen them be really competitive on price, and I'm quite suspicious when I see products alot cheaper than I'd expect them to be. I know SSDs are getting alot cheaper now, but when a 180GB SSD costs £117, when other companies have 128GB for that price. On the otherhand, there is a 240GB Sandisk SSD available for £155 or a 240GB OCZ available for £140.

I remember when they cost twice as much. Mind you, I'd expect them to be hitting near a TB soon.

Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 8:14am (PST)
its not the brand you should look at...its the controller used on the particular model(s) you are interested that you should check out.

Author:   duneworld
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 9:50am (PST)
I've heard/seen a lot of recommendations for Mushkin drives, I haven't bothered to do the homework to find out why though.

Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 9:55am (PST)
eh, likely people being idiots. mushkin can say all they want about how their products are superior to, say, corsair, or something, but if the controllers are the same, i doubt youll find much of a difference between the quality of the hardware.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.