Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 24

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/24.htm

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   May 18, 12 at 11:26am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
i dunno man...i think we will need some high explosive, and overkill equipment to verify that...

EDIT: dat header

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   May 18, 12 at 12:24pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
oh dont worry about that, you have an enchanting musk! one that is entirely unique to you!

I'm still technically not back yet btw, using my phone still which is fun!

Nice header too

Date:   May 18, 12 at 12:27pm (PST)
so how is that strange and mysterious place called IRL? ive heard things about it...weird things

Author:   Ren of Heavens
Date:   May 18, 12 at 1:20pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
so how is that strange and mysterious place called IRL? ive heard things about it...weird things
Watch out, it's filled with all kind of obstacles that get in the way of your driving.

quote The Slayer
I'm still technically not back yet btw
You tease

Author:   harbin
Date:   May 19, 12 at 6:51am (PST)
Hiigaran since I'll probably be using FAH more often, and the actual Neoseeker FAH team is dead, would I be able to join Brony@Home?

Also, how do I switch from the CPU only client, to use both GPU and CPU? I want to see what my temp my GPU hits under load aswell.

Date:   May 19, 12 at 8:18am (PST)
quote harbin91
Hiigaran since I'll probably be using FAH more often, and the actual Neoseeker FAH team is dead, would I be able to join Brony@Home?
yeah of course. you dont need permission from me!

quote harbin91
Also, how do I switch from the CPU only client, to use both GPU and CPU? I want to see what my temp my GPU hits under load aswell.
uhh, to be honest, im not too sure unless i have the program in front of me. first off, you need the v7 client, not the v6 client. secondly, you need to switch to expert mode. whether it is found under preferences or configuration is what i dont remember.

team number is 212997 btw

Date:   May 19, 12 at 8:29am (PST)
Well I've got the team setup done anyway...

I can add the GPU on a folding slot, but it seems to put it on a different work queue. Not sure if its meant to do that, I would've just assumed they'd both process the same thing.

The GPU is being worked though.

Date:   May 19, 12 at 8:57am (PST)
if you are wondering if both the cpu and gpu work on the same work unit, i dont think thats how it works, so the cpu will work on one unit, while the gpu works on another. if you have multiple gpus, then they would each work on one unit.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   May 19, 12 at 9:41am (PST)
I noticed that too. The gpu and CPU work in different folds. I don't understand how to adjust the gpu part so I left it at default. But my gpu runs that thang on 80-90% plus. My temps are at 57c all times.

Being that I have a dual core, if I had a quad would the score jump up faster? My PC stays on at all times. Unless its shut down by my anti virus or my daughter.

Date:   May 19, 12 at 10:29am (PST)
quote deeplove
I noticed that too. The gpu and CPU work in different folds. I don't understand how to adjust the gpu part so I left it at default. But my gpu runs that thang on 80-90% plus. My temps are at 57c all times.

Being that I have a dual core, if I had a quad would the score jump up faster? My PC stays on at all times. Unless its shut down by my anti virus or my daughter.
I would expect so since it has more cores to run on, it should fold faster... assuming you assign all four cores to the program.

Date:   May 19, 12 at 10:51am (PST)
quote deeplove
yeah. the calculations that are done by FAH are the kind that would benefit from more cores, or more threads (for those with hyperthreading).

regarding the GPU adjustment, you cant change it. while the CPU does not affect performance, because it has processor scheduling (setting priority to processes), and the ability to change the maximum processor usage, the GPU is just a one shot thing. it cannot differentiate between tasks, nor can maximum usage be specified. thats why you need to turn off FAH to run games. with it using the GPU in the background, 50% of usage will go to FAH, and 50% will go to the game, which means that if you dont have a powerful card, you will suffer a performance loss that would be more than noticeable.

Date:   May 19, 12 at 2:02pm (PST)
When do the stats usually update? I've been folding for the past three and half hours, yet my userpage is showing nothing.

Getting some inconsistent temperature readings aswell. It was at 44°c yesterday under full load, yet now it's 38°c under full load yet the ambient temperature of the room is higher... not that I'm complaining, but it's not helpful when it changes wildly.

Date:   May 19, 12 at 2:18pm (PST)
oh it will take some time. firstly, the update interval is 3 hours, and secondly, i think there is a small delay for newer folders. some dude who runs an online radio didnt have his stats appear for about a day.

what username do you have? i can keep an eye out for it for you.

Date:   May 19, 12 at 2:35pm (PST)
Harbin91 same as my username on Neo... and everywhere else TBH

Date:   May 19, 12 at 2:39pm (PST)
simplicity. i like it.

i got so pissed off when i found out hiigaran was taken on steam. i was the original hiigaran, dammit! in my butthurt, my account became 1sthiigaran

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.