Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 21

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/21.htm

Author:   harbin
Date:   May 05, 12 at 11:42am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
I did get the NB frequency up to 2400Mhz, and I have actually seen an improvement in benchmark scores of nearly a GB on read, write and copy in Maxxmem.

I'll probably leave everything for now though. Main thing I need to do now is verify stability and find a nice after market cooler. The two I've seen most touted around the place is a Xigmatek (I believe) one and a Coolermaster one.

quote hiigaran
if you can boot on timings where the difference between it, and the failed one is 1, then chances are that it wont pass a stress test.
Not quite sure I follow on this. Saying that 8-9-8 will likely fail on a stress test?

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   May 05, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
well if you said it didnt boot on the tighter timing, having a looser one by a value of 1 would likely be borderline unstable. it might boot, but give it a significant load and it will go unstable

Date:   May 05, 12 at 1:19pm (PST)
Do you suggest changing them back to 9-9-9 or seeing if it'll stay stable on 8-9-8. Doubt there is any noticeable difference between the two though. The RAM is still running at 1.5v.

Date:   May 05, 12 at 1:55pm (PST)
theres no harm in trying. if it doesnt work, you revert back to the old values. mind you, in practical applications, it wont make much difference. someone i know uses low end ddr2 on a pretty fast server.

Date:   May 05, 12 at 2:10pm (PST)
It's not like I'll be able to kill the RAM anyway. Chances are it'll lock up or shutdown long before it dies.

Cheers for the help anyway.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   May 05, 12 at 4:43pm (PST)
That folding home stuff, I could leave that running all night? How does that work? With my 555BE would it work?

Author:   Fatal Error
Date:   May 05, 12 at 4:50pm (PST)
Yeah just let it run. Hii just suggests it so you can join the neoseeker folding team, haha.

Date:   May 05, 12 at 5:43pm (PST)
Oh I don't mind. How do I join?

Date:   May 05, 12 at 7:31pm (PST)
quote Fatal Error
Yeah just let it run. Hii just suggests it so you can join the neoseeker folding team, haha.
the neoseeker team has been long dead. ive moved on to another. you dont have to be in a team, though

Date:   May 06, 12 at 10:01am (PST)
What's a good temperature reading software? I have core temp and speed fan. I'm running that intelburn test and folding home. The highest temp reading on core temp is 36c and speed fan 38c.

Date:   May 06, 12 at 10:36am (PST)
ive always used speedfan. never had problems with it, even though people say its old as hell.

Date:   May 06, 12 at 2:54pm (PST)
I've had Folding on all day and I ran the burn test. So far I'm running the 555 BE at 3.7 and it's a 1.28v. I also played league of legends for about an hour or two without problems. Is it safe to say that the PC is stable at the moment?

Date:   May 06, 12 at 3:24pm (PST)
You must've picked up a godlike 555 if those temp readings are accurate. My chip can't even hit that on idle, although TBH cool'n'quiet is off... but still.

This message was edited on 2012-05-07T03:28:48-07:00.

Date:   May 06, 12 at 3:40pm (PST)
I have cool n quiet off also. Just in case. At 3.8 it gave me the unstable error on the burn test. I haven't had any crashes or anything at the moment. I'm going to keep Folding on for the rest of the day till tomorrow morning. Most I'm hitting is 38c on speedfan and 35c on core temp.

Don't know if it looks right.

Edit - I bumped it up to 3.8 again and it's stable. Ran the burn test a few times just in case. 40c max on speedfan. Am I doing something wrong?

This message was edited on 2012-05-06T17:57:30-07:00.

Date:   May 07, 12 at 2:01am (PST)
what setting are you using on burntest? because it should be the maximum one, just to be sure

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.