Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 19

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/19.htm

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Apr 29, 12 at 8:37am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
its in the australia forum somewhere

Author:   Supernova1332
Date:   May 01, 12 at 9:35am (PST)
The availability of Raspberry Pi's are driving me crazy. Y U NO HAS STOCK?
Cant wait to tinker with one

Author:   harbin
Date:   May 01, 12 at 9:43am (PST)
Checked that website to see what it was and it broke Firefox.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   May 01, 12 at 2:57pm (PST)
How hard is it to Overclock? I don't know why but something is telling me to Overclock my current 555 BE. Only thing is that I don't know how to. I've gone through the internet but everyone has different things to say and explanations.

Date:   May 01, 12 at 3:23pm (PST)
its easy, but time consuming, which many take as difficult.

raise the cpu multiplier one step at a time, until you have your desired speed, or you go unstable. the latter will likely happen. use the base clock to fine tune the cpu speed. keep in mind this will change ram speed too. once you cant increase it any more, boot in to windows and stress test it, while monitoring temps. if they are in the safe zone, you can keep overclocking by raising the vcore by one step and repeating the previous steps.

Date:   May 01, 12 at 3:31pm (PST)
Ok. I'll try that out. Can I ask a RAM question. My RAM is Patriot 4GB 1333MHz 7-7-7-20 1.7v. The question is when I pull up like say CPUid or the PC wizard, it's showing as DDR3 533MHz. Is there something wrong there?

Date:   May 01, 12 at 3:34pm (PST)
no, thats fine. what you are reading is the dram speed. double it to get your ram speed...which by the looks of things, shows you sticks to be at 1066 mhz

Date:   May 01, 12 at 3:37pm (PST)

Why isn't it at the 1333MHz? Is it something I have to manual change on the BIOS?

Date:   May 01, 12 at 4:17pm (PST)
I found out why this is under clocking my shit. The RAM is for Intel chipsets. It's not compatible for AMD. Sucks.

Bummer.

Date:   May 01, 12 at 9:12pm (PST)
RAM compatible for one CPU brand over another is a load of bull. its the motherboard that underclocks your hardware. you should be able to set the speed at the normal rate without having to do much in the BIOS. cant tell you what the setting is, as i probably dont have the same BIOS as you.

Date:   May 02, 12 at 5:16am (PST)
Ok. I tried messing crap up on the bios and stumbled on something.

CPU overclocking when I set it so manual, it won't go past 200 I believe. Also, on the memory clock timing, I can't increase Memory Overvoltage when on manual. I can change the timings but not the over voltage.

If I wan't to OC, you mentioned the CPU multiplier and VCore. Are those the only things I should worry about and not the CPU overclocking and Memory Overvoltage?

Date:   May 02, 12 at 5:50am (PST)
If I wan't to OC, you mentioned the CPU multiplier and VCore. Are those the only things I should worry about and not the CPU overclocking and Memory Overvoltage?

memory voltage wont affect CPU overclocking, but the base clock will affect both the CPU and the RAM. i suggest finding the highest CPU speed first by first lowering the RAM multiplier, so that it wont interfere with your overclocking. then, find the max RAM speed, by lowering the CPU multiplier and trying to get the highest value on the RAM. once you have your two values (write this stuff down), find a setting that can get as close as possible to those values.

Author:   harbin
Date:   May 02, 12 at 10:30am (PST)
Just a note, if you have an AMD card, and are using an HDMI cable for sound and picture out of a TV, stay away from 12.4 and 12.5. It disconnects sound after awhile, to the point that you have to replug the HDMI cable.

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   May 02, 12 at 1:04pm (PST)
Picked up a new CPU this morning. Phenom II X4 B93 series, business class chip which is basically a renamed 925 with lower idle voltage when using Cool n Quiet.

Unfortunately I'll never know how well that works, disabled that and the chip is currently bumped from the stock 2.8 to 3.6 on 1.425v loving the performance boost over the old 9750 Phenom.

Didn't bother going for the 975 out of the gate or even the 955 because the B93 was only 69, hell of a savings for the exact same chip performance.

This message was edited on 2012-05-02T13:16:37-07:00.

Date:   May 03, 12 at 7:15pm (PST)
Nice little upgrade you got there for the price. God, I wish I was that good at sniffing out good equipment at great prices.

Can I ask, I really need to clean my Cooler Master V6 cooler. Can I spray compressed air through it with the fans on or do I remove them? It's a pain in the ass to remove those things so that's why I ask.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.