Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk - page 128

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1675612-general-discussion-11-again-with-twice-enchanting-musk/128.htm

Author:   Ren of Heavens
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 8:21am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion 11 again: Now with twice the enchanting musk
-------------------------------------------
What are you guys looking forward to coming out this year? The Hitman HD Collection is the only thing on my radar at the moment, can't wait to replay Silent Assassin, Contracts & Blood Money after all this time.

I've kind of neglected the gaming news lately so I'm not too sure what else is coming up :<

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 10:37am (PST)
Yeah, I've been missing all the hardware and gaming news too, been trying to get caught up on it all.

Sounds like a new Xbox might be coming within 2 years. I've been thinking about switching over to PC gaming too, or may just do both. I know more people who play on consoles than PC though... PC does have better hardware/graphics...

Also sounds like Intel's Haswell is coming out soon, and here I was just getting caught up into sandy bridge and ivy bridge.

Author:   Tonystew42
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 1:25pm (PST)
My new PSU came in the mail today. Will post pics in a few, but it's a quality unit!

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 1:51pm (PST)
Just got £228 back off from overpaid tax and I'm now tempted to just blow it on an i5 and a mobo. I'll resist though and wait until I can afford the Haswell i7s.

Author:   Tonystew42
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 3:35pm (PST)
Here are the pics

The fan hardly turns on, even with my system on full load (although that hardly puts a dent in the wattage it can output). It's modular, which is a nice upgrade from my prior PSU, and the flat cables are great.

This is who it was addressed to. Sadly he wasn't around to claim it, so I went ahead and took it for myself.

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 8:31pm (PST)
I love modular PSU's. I wont buy anything else for my computer. I have a bag full of unused cables in my room that would otherwise take up space and collect dust somewhere in my case.

Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 12:29am (PST)
Silly invoice, 'MARKET' isn't a number, it's a word.

Author:   Benedict
Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 7:40am (PST)
quote The Slayer
I love modular PSU's. I wont buy anything else for my computer. I have a bag full of unused cables in my room that would otherwise take up space and collect dust somewhere in my case.
So do I. The PSU i got came with a nice pouch as well

Date:   Jan 10, 13 at 7:56am (PST)
Mine didn't have a pouch, just some nice cable ties.

Modular PSUs are better for cable management although my HDD & GPU cable sockets on the PSU could've been arranged better.

Did some PC cleaning, which I'll have to try and do every month (either that or seasonal), the CPU cooler is starting to show dust buildup which I'd clean if it wasn't gonna be a pain to get the fans off. There isn't enough room for my fingers to manoeuvre and unclip the fans. I'll have to do it when it comes around for it's next upgrade. Plus I've ran out of air to blast it through.

Anyone got any tips for chopping up and modifying a drive cage? I want it to point a different way so the cables exit into the back and not the main part of the case. Plus it'll make drives easier to move in and out.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 6:05am (PST)
yeah, modular is nice and all, but having platinum efficiency is so damn awesome. no need to have a fan running, or even at all, when the load on a platinum is no more than 500. hell, there are even fanless units now.

but yeah, gotta love modulars.

Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 8:07am (PST)

What is this called?

Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 8:13am (PST)
quote Benedict

What is this called?
Command prompt. Thought everyone knew that

EDIT: Just found out that typing systeminfo into command prompt chucks out quite a bit of useful info, including how many hotfixes you have installed, pagefile locations, virtual memory usage.

Apparently I have a multiprocessor free OS build type... not quite sure what that means TBH.

Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 2:57pm (PST)
quote harbin
quote Benedict

What is this called?
Command prompt. Thought everyone knew that

EDIT: Just found out that typing systeminfo into command prompt chucks out quite a bit of useful info, including how many hotfixes you have installed, pagefile locations, virtual memory usage.

Apparently I have a multiprocessor free OS build type... not quite sure what that means TBH.
Duh, I mean the name of the application in there

Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 3:00pm (PST)
Well my usual method of just googling the contents doesn't find anything useful. Where did you get it from anyway?

And why is their date set for the 1st September 2013

EDIT: Stupid Bittorrent.

This message was edited on 2013-01-11T15:23:30-08:00.

Date:   Jan 11, 13 at 8:19pm (PST)
quote harbin
Well my usual method of just googling the contents doesn't find anything useful. Where did you get it from anyway?
/mlp/ desktop thread. background was a pony background but NO PONIES ALLOWED HURR

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.