Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Neoseeker reviews the PowerColor Power Jack - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1562838-neoseeker-reviews-powercolor-power-jack/

Author:   leochan
Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 12:16am (PST)
Subject:   Neoseeker reviews the PowerColor Power Jack
-------------------------------------------
Feel those beefy graphics cards might be looking a little too heavy in your rig? Ever wonder if there might be something out there which could help prop them up, even if you were just wondering out of sheer curiosity? PowerColor has just a solution in the form of the Power Jack, a "professional graphics card interface supporter" that promises to keep cards installed into most rigs level. Neoseeker decides to give this peripheral a test drive to see just how useful it really is:

[[article:2611]]

Author:   Supernova1332
Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 12:42am (PST)
Subject:   re: Neoseeker reviews the PowerColor Power Jack
Not completely necessary but I could see how it could be useful.

For whoever is worrying about the way it looks you might want to just take some thin wire around the shroud of the heatsink or part of the heatsink and tie it up to something higher in the case.

Author:   The Slayer
Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 1:30am (PST)
I get what they're trying to do here, but is it really necessary? I have never ever heard of a PCIe slot being damaged because of a heavy graphics card. At least its only $15. It does look big though, and like Supernova said, you can just get some wire and tie it to the top of the somewhere and it would hardly be noticeable.

Author:   Iceguy2003
Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 12:48pm (PST)
Good review. Pretty much sums up what I think about it. Not useful in my case. Might not really be useful for anyone, but for the people running the heaviest card made on a very cheap board (?), maybe it will save something from breaking.

But, yes, it does what it says lol!

Author:   The Smith
Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 4:41pm (PST)
quote Supernova1332
you might want to just take some thin wire around the shroud of the heatsink or part of the heatsink and tie it up to something higher in the case.
Yeah that is what I would do too.

Author:   ParanahJoe
Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 5:29pm (PST)
I could see this being used more for the lan-party goers. I would think that a gpu would sag quite a bit more during transport over just sitting on a desk normally.

That's really the only time I could see this put to proper use.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 7:21pm (PST)
but still, if that was the case, the wire solution works fine.

hah, the way things are going, lets make motherboards and heavy video cards in such a way that backplates would be needed

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.