Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Blue Screen - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1474121-blue-screen/

Author:   swk3000
Date:   Jan 21, 10 at 3:25pm (PST)
Subject:   Blue Screen
-------------------------------------------
I have a year-old Toshiba Satellite laptop. Up until yesterday, it ran fine. However, it now gives me a Blue Screen and shuts down Windows every time I turn it on. It keeps saying something about not recieving a clock interrupt within the allocated time interval. I tried reformatting using the discs that came with the thing, but that didn't work.

The only technical info it gives is the following line:

***STOP: 0x00000101 (0x00000061, 0x00000000, 0x803D1120, 0x00000001)

On the one occasion that thing got all the way to the Desktop, my Anti-Virus (Trend Micro) told me that the latest update had an issue, and it was using a previous update. I assumed it was fine, but got a Blue Screen about half an hour later. I'm assuming that it was looking for a file from Vista Service Pack 2 (which I never could get to install; the few times I tried, Windows had to remove it), but couldn't find it.

Is there anything I can do to get the thing working again, or am I in posession of a $500 pile of worthless plastic and metal? As it is, I'm typing this post out on my iPod Touch.

Author:   Nu Wa Rocks
Date:   Jan 22, 10 at 2:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: Blue Screen
This sounds like you might have a problem with your CPU on your laptop. Clock timing could mean the clock timing of your CPU.
I found this article that might help you troubleshooot some of your problems:

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-performance-maintenance/144003-stop-error-0x00000101-issue.html

Date:   Jan 23, 10 at 1:12pm (PST)
I'm not getting the same set of error codes as that guy, though.

Author:   bphicks123
Date:   Jan 23, 10 at 2:51pm (PST)
yea it does sound like a malfunctioning processor.

i don't think you can OC a toshiba, but if you did then thats the problem.

Date:   Jan 23, 10 at 8:10pm (PST)
I don't even know how to overclock a computer.

Author:   bphicks123
Date:   Jan 23, 10 at 11:59pm (PST)
what are your specs?

try updating all of your drivers, that could be the problem

Date:   Jan 25, 10 at 6:18pm (PST)
How? My computer blue-screens before I can do anything.

Author:   rand3ll
Date:   Jan 25, 10 at 6:35pm (PST)
My pc has the same problem. I don't get a blue screen, it just resets itself though. I've been on many forums and asked many friends. I've been advised to change my RAM and also take out my graphics card and give it a good clean. I've done both, I've put old RAM into different slots, bought new RAM and everything. Still I have this problem. HELP!!!!!

Author:   Unknown08
Date:   Jan 26, 10 at 2:51am (PST)
Just an idea, and it is no guarantee that it would fix anything, but if you can access the BIOS I would try resetting it to the default settings; it might help. I don't know how any BIOS settings would have gotten changed if you didn't touch them though.

The only other thing I can say is that I had a similar problem with a laptop a few years ago, and have since never purchased another one. A fan had died and something burned up. This was before I knew anything about computers though and the repair was going to be more costly than the value of the laptop, so I didn't go through with it.

Date:   Jan 29, 10 at 10:00pm (PST)
I haven't messed with any of the BIOS settings because I don't know how to do so.

As it is, I'm probably just going to buy a new one. I've just come into nearly $500 dollars, so if I save for a few paychecks, then I will have enough to buy another laptop. I'd consider going with a Desktop, but I don't have room for a desk to place it on, so...

Author:   bobbonew
Date:   Jan 29, 10 at 10:03pm (PST)
Sounds like your CPU fried dude. Shitty luck.

Author:   BELAL OMAR
Date:   Dec 19, 12 at 11:56pm (PST)
مرحبا يبدو وان المشكلة تقع على شيء واحد وهو المعالج فان المعالج لا يتوافق مع اللوحة الام وعند تشغيل اي برنامج وبالاخص برامج الصور ومحررات الصور مثل الفوتوشوب او اي لعبة وبدون مقدمة يظهر عداد وبعدها لوحة زرقاء لا تغلبي نفسك ووفري على حالك ثمن جهاز جديد شكرا

Author:   belal omar
Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 12:05am (PST)
مرحبا

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.