Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: How long do spartans live? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1532/t375235-how-long-spartans-live/

Author:   ryu_shinomori
Date:   Apr 21, 04 at 7:45pm (PST)
Subject:   How long do spartans live?
-------------------------------------------
How long do spartans live?

Author:   Strider85
Date:   Apr 21, 04 at 8:43pm (PST)
Subject:   re: How long do spartans live?
Average, 20 something as lots died in augmentation but then quite a number survived until they were late 30's or so on reach when they dided, cept MC who is still alive and kicking as far as we know in the world of Halo.

Date:   Apr 21, 04 at 9:01pm (PST)
i mean there life span like human life span is 60-80 years

Author:   Strider85
Date:   Apr 21, 04 at 9:11pm (PST)
I would imagine around the same as they are basically the same as humans just physically augmented (enhanced).

Author:   sloprano
Date:   Apr 21, 04 at 9:23pm (PST)
probably they have a shorter lifespan due to the augumentations.

Date:   Apr 21, 04 at 9:29pm (PST)
i would think it might be less becauses of there size but they are also superior to humans and probley can live longer

in the early ages people only lived till 50. now we live to about 75, so 500 years from now they might live to 150 or some thing

Author:   Aciph3x
Date:   Apr 21, 04 at 10:11pm (PST)
If any the augmentations pro long their lifespan. An average male lives to see the bright old age of 75 with the medical treatment we have today... Medicine evolves, and Halo is set around 500 years into the future which also means the average life span is higher.

But because MC is only in his forties and hasn't quite reached the old age yet we can't determine how long they actually live, only speculate. I would imagine its longer then 75 years by our standards today.. I wouldn't be surprised if they were still active at the turn of the century..But like i said, we can only speculate. Who really knows how long they live for..

[color=#666666]This message was edited by MozY MozBornE on Apr 21 2004.

Date:   Apr 22, 04 at 4:07am (PST)
bungie. anyways, what if the average lifespan went down instead of up? what if 40 was already pretty good for a guy, especially a soldier with a unnatural body? I still think that spartans might have shorter life spans.

Author:   maffy
Date:   Apr 22, 04 at 9:41am (PST)
Gotta agree with Mozy on this one. There's no way the military would use augmentations which shortened the life of their SPARTAN II's. The changes that were made to them were to improve them, and I'm sure that part of these improvements would be a longer life span. However, even if they had the same life expectancy as a regular human, common sense dictates that in the future we'll live longer.

What kills us? Disease and bodily decay. What combats this? Improved medical skill and knowledge - something that is certainly going to be improved 500 years in the future. Shit, 500 years ago from now, life expectancy was near enough half what it is now. By the time we reach Halo's timeline we could well be living well into our hundreds. Especially those of us who are enhanced super soldiers.

Author:   MasterCheat
Date:   Apr 22, 04 at 12:27pm (PST)
I would say a little longer than a normal human, the Master Chief is in his 50s and he's just fine. It never mentions his age or him being tired from being old.

Date:   Apr 22, 04 at 7:10pm (PST)
the mc never seems tired.

Author:   Ironraven
Date:   Apr 22, 04 at 7:41pm (PST)
Yeah. i wish i knew how old he was after he got off the ring. i read FoR in the summer so its been awhile. all i remember from FoR is every other chapter, he aged like 10 years. i'd say his lifespan is longer. Athletes don't have shorter lives. look at Jack Lalaine

Author:   Poached_Egg
Date:   Apr 25, 04 at 1:31pm (PST)
Ofcourse the Master Chief never seems tired, it is because he is a piece of data on a lot of disks.

Author:   Sgt Tooth
Date:   Apr 25, 04 at 4:41pm (PST)
I remember in the Fall of Reach that he has this robotic system in his body that was transplanted, never to make him tired. Also he had friends (forget the names) and he said they didn't even look human because of the robotic gear in them.

Author:   Poached_Egg
Date:   Apr 26, 04 at 4:00pm (PST)
Okkey dokey But why are you debating how long they live? They are pieces of programming they live until you destroy the disk or wipe it ( With a magnet )

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.