Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Mary - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1504/t342088-mary/

Author:   Solitaire
Date:   Jan 30, 04 at 4:56am (PST)
Subject:   Mary
-------------------------------------------
Birthday: Winter 20th (Alternate Date; Winter 25th)

Special Foods: Relaxation Tea, Veggie Latte', Veggie Juice.

Favorites: Black Grass, Blue Grass, Bodigizer, Chocolate, Diamonds, Grape Juice, Mushrooms, Perfume, Pink Diamonds, Red Grass, Turbojolt, White Grass, Wild Grapes.

Extra Love Point: Go up the stairs to the second level in the Library.

Heart Events:

Black Heart Event: Library, between 10am-4pm on any day, except Monday. Mary will be wondering around, lost in thought, when she bumps into you. If you ask if you can help, she will tell you that she is working on a novel, but has writer's block.

Purple Heart Event: Library, between 10am-4pm on Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday. Mary is searching for a lost book. Offer to help. The missing book is eventually found and Mary is happy once again.

Blue Heart Event: Mother's Hill between Noon-5pm on a Monday. Mary is near the top of the hill, crying over a book. Seems like it was a really good book, and she wants to know if you've ever cried while reading a good book. Say yes, and not only will she be happy, she will also give you the book she was reading. (Make sure you have an empty item slot in your rucksack.)

Yellow Heart Event: Mary's House, between 10am-1pm on a Monday. Basil is worried that his daughter is upset and asks if you will go upstairs and talk to her. Agree. Mary isn't upset, she is trying to figure out what the subject of her book should be. If you choose the subject of "working on a farm" she will want to interview you about it. It will be 6pm before you leave, but everyone is happy with your contribution.

Other Girls:

Ann
Elli
Karen
Popuri

Rival:

Gray

This message was edited by Solitaire on Feb 14 2004.

Author:   ClaireH
Date:   Feb 17, 04 at 9:25pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Mary
What happens with her green heart?

Date:   Feb 17, 04 at 11:29pm (PST)
There isn't a specific event for you when Mary has a green heart. If you click on the link for Gray, you will see that there is a green heart event for Gray's benefit.

The events you need to see before you can marry Mary are the; Black Heart Event, Purple Heart Event, Blue Heart Event, and Yellow Heart Event.

Author:   extreme_abnormality
Date:   Feb 18, 04 at 6:05am (PST)
Finally! A Mary thread! She's my favorite girl and I'm currently trying to marry her in my second game file. I'm married to Ann in my first file. The extra heart point really works! I'm serious! Once while I was talking to her she had an orange heart and I talked to her again but her heart was still orange then I went up stairs and came back down again and talked to her and her heart turned red!

Author:   ClaireTH
Date:   Feb 18, 04 at 9:37pm (PST)
Thank you for help

Author:   Vodka
Date:   Feb 20, 04 at 2:34pm (PST)
Mary is hopeless ok ...

She has Glasses AND a ponytail.

^^Mike^^

Date:   Feb 21, 04 at 4:43pm (PST)
So what's wrong with that?! She's my favorite and I hate it when people insult her just because of her looks!

Date:   Feb 21, 04 at 5:50pm (PST)
There is nothing wrong with her looks, or personality, in my opinion.

Some folks are just shallow enough to follow popular opinion on what is beautiful. Advertising, and the Media still are backing the Barbie Doll as beautiful. Nevermind that Barbie is not realistic. What is even more sad is that girls, and women for that matter, will do everything possible to look like Barbie. Usually ruining their lives by doing so.

Author:   Sonicspeedos
Date:   Feb 21, 04 at 5:53pm (PST)
I agree with Vodka (mike)

She's too shy!

Date:   Feb 21, 04 at 6:01pm (PST)
He didn't say that she was shy, he decided that she is "hopeless" because Mary wears glasses, and has [sarcasm](OMG! How horrible!)[/sarcasm] a ponytail.

Shyness is not a permanent thing. One learns to over-come it as they develop a little self-confidence.

I like Mary. In my second file in HM:BtN, my character married Mary. (In the first file he married Elli)

Date:   Feb 21, 04 at 7:53pm (PST)
Why does everyone have to go after Karen or Popuri or whoever they think is prettiest? What's wrong with marrying a nice, kind-hearted, sweet young woman? Makes more sense to me...

Author:   Vodka
Date:   Feb 22, 04 at 2:07pm (PST)
Well because most Kind hearted woman turn into Phsycopaths after a while

Anyway I spose she wouldn't be too bad if she bleached her hair and got some contacts

^^Mike^^

Author:   Sonicspeedos
Date:   Feb 22, 04 at 2:52pm (PST)
I still don't like the concept of marrying video characters....I'll do it but to see them kiss is a little too much for me

Date:   Feb 22, 04 at 3:55pm (PST)
You aren't marrying a video character. Your video character is marrying another video character. You see the same in books, movies, and TV programs. The only difference with this, is that you are calling the shots as to who the character is marrying.

If Mary bleached her hair, and wore contacts, she wouldn't be the Mary that some of us like. Natsume tried to create 5 female characters that were all different and distinct.

If you don't like Mary, that's fine Vodka, but don't rile up the folks that do. You might also want to remember that you're defined by the judgements you make. That idiotic comment you made about "most kind-hearted women becoming psychopaths" certainly lowered what level of respect I had for you.

This message was edited by Solitaire on Feb 22 2004.

Author:   AznJerzyGirl
Date:   Feb 22, 04 at 8:26pm (PST)
I entirely agree with Solitaire. How they look is your own opinion. But, that is a good conversation starter. It got people talking.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.