Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Name Changes Request Instructions - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/15/t94811-name-changes-request-instructions/

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Jun 20, 02 at 6:48pm (PST)
Subject:   Name Changes Request Instructions
-------------------------------------------
Free name changes for members who already have a working account older then 10 days are no longer allowed, period.

Any name change requests will now have to proceed as follows:
  1. Name changes, or transferring all of your account stats and messages to a new username, will now require a fee of $10USD.
  2. Make sure your username is NOT already taken. Try searching the member database.
  3. To have your name changed, you must either:
    1. Send us a check or money order for $10USD, with a letter explaining who you are (eg old username, email, and real name) and what your new username should be. Our address is here.
    2. Use our new automated Paypal powered Name Change system. This allows you to change your username automatically without waiting for us to do it.

Exceptions:

Full details on how you can submit your "Username Change Fee" can be found on the support page.

Taking Names from Very Old Accounts

Sometimes you may take the usernames from accounts that are completely defunct. The definition of a defunct account: The above is just a general guideline, the administration has the final say on whether an account is defunct.

Why the change in policy:
Both Entity and myself have been receiving MANY MANY name change requests - some ridiculous and some blatantly abusing the previous name change rules. These new regulations will serve to help reduce the number of frivolous requests or requests driven by whim and fancy. The fee will both deter these name changes, and also encourage members to help support Neoseeker, while also reducing the amount of disturbance and confusion caused by members who constantly change their names.

We're simply too swamped to field this many name change requests. Do not bother to PM me before having followed through with the exact procedures above. All other requests not following the procedures will be deleted.

Account "Merging"??

Due to repeated inquiries I am adding this new information on account "merges". Please do not be too excited, an account merge is nothing special, we only move your post count from one account to another - this costs the same as the Name Change fee. Your NeoPMs, actual message posts, NeoPoints, submissions, and guestbook entries go nowhere. We will also consider trading your join dates with other accounts that you control. Please do not ask us to copy a join date from one account to another, we will only MOVE the join dates, your old account will trade its join date with that of your new one. This is to preserve the natural balance of actual real join dates on the site. Account "Merges" are not something we encourage and we do not think users should attach importance to such things, it is offered because some users really really really need to "have" it. Please note also that we do not allow a person to lump together multiple requests for the Name Change fee, each item may be assessed separately for the fee.

Payment Options

Mailing address:

PO Box 27531
Oakridge
Vancouver, BC
V5Z 4M4

Extra Clarification - For those who are unaware of basic economic terms, USD means U.S Dollars.

This message was edited on 2013-11-07T11:33:33-08:00.[/color]

Author:   stevekrenn
Date:   Jun 20, 02 at 7:00pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Name Changes Request Instructions
So I can't transfer all my stuff?

Author:   Roy
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 1:07am (PST)
So if I wanted to change mine to RoyFireEmblem, because I made a mistake with the Marth and the 2 part of it. I would have to pay $10.00?

Author:   luckyguess
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 1:20am (PST)
$10? Does anyone want a name change that bad?

Author:   KFC_Or_Bust
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 3:16am (PST)
Here's a little suggestion by anonymouse (Not the user):

Person's S/N: I wish I could use NeoPoints
Person's S/N: I don't care for the idea, but if someone does they can bring it up. I don't think its a bad idea, but we need to make Neo Points have a use.

So, is it a good idea or what? Let me hear your feedback.

Author:   Alternativ05
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 3:42am (PST)
Are you suggesting that Neopoints would count as money, in a way?

Author:   Light Megaman
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 3:48am (PST)
Well...it's better neopoints than money huh?

Author:   Mindbreaker
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 3:55am (PST)
People, that wouldn't do anything. This process is so that R can work on the site more and not changing everyone's names. How would having NeoPoints accomplish anything?

Author:   Kuldahar
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 4:47am (PST)
Well, I think the rules were made for that specific reason of minimizing the name change requests, unless really necessary. By making neopoints and option as replacement for the $10 would flood the admins with a lot of contributions that would be quite useless and are there just to allow them to request for a name change.

Author:   evilmegaman
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 5:08am (PST)
Neopets has already Copyrighted the word Neopoints havn't they?

Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 5:40am (PST)
I don't know about copyrighting a word like that. First of all, the word Neo is quite commonly used nowadays, and you can see a lot of sites with the same name.

But that's quite off-topic...

Author:   Section 9
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 5:56am (PST)
quote KFC_Or_Bust
So, is it a good idea or what? Let me hear your feedback.
My feedback - I seriously don't think the admin are going to bend any rules regarding this topic for quite a while.

Author:   Kyo Daikun Mk II
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 6:28am (PST)
Exactly, I don't recall this being open for discussion, it's just a change. $10 is not so bad and it goes to a good cause*waits for the rich spoiled brat who wants to change his name every week*

Author:   Kyo Daikun Mk II
Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 7:23am (PST)
Join the real world, will ye Alpha?

Date:   Jun 21, 02 at 8:20am (PST)
quote Kyo Daikun Mk II
Exactly, I don't recall this being open for discussion, it's just a change. $10 is not so bad and it goes to a good cause*waits for the rich spoiled brat who wants to change his name every week*
Exactly. And I don't think this change was open for discussion as well.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.