Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [Feedback] Improve Neoseeker Mobile - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/15/t1692362-feedback-improve-neoseeker-mobile/4.htm

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Mar 16, 12 at 6:09am (PST)
Subject:   re: [Feedback] Improve Neoseeker Mobile
-------------------------------------------
quote DragoniteBallZ
Avatars need to go in mobile mode I think. Thing about mobile modes is you gotta omit the non essentials. Avatars and sigs could probably just be viewed in mobile profiles but not threads.
Avatars are fine on mobile modes because they can help identify who is talking.

Stuff that need to be removed are tags like the forums you moderate/Wikistaff wikis, and sigs

Author:   Scarchelli
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 5:21am (PST)
Why moderator tags?

I definitely don't like browsing on mobile, but avatars don't bother me. Signatures definitely would, but I don't see those, anyway. Are they disabled on mobile in general, or just on my phone?

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Mar 18, 12 at 8:02pm (PST)
Not the red moderator tags, but the list of forums.

Sigs are also disabled already in mobile mode. Still doesn't prevent those stupid second sigs though.

Author:   Memento Mori
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 1:16am (PST)
quote Akira_EX
Still doesn't prevent those stupid second sigs though.
Maybe a setting so that any images on the page have to be manually loaded rather than being done so by default?

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 6:41am (PST)
quote Akira_EX
Not the red moderator tags, but the list of forums.
^ agreed. When I'm browsing the forums and people who have a lot moderator tags such as Dark Arcanine it looks crowded and really bad. Maybe just linking the moderator tag to the site positions section of the neoprofile instead would suffice if there is worry about newer members not knowing who moderates what forum. Same could go for wikistaff tags as well. This would also clear the problem of the possible confusion of the crs tag being bundled with the moderator tag.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 7:29am (PST)
One suggestion I'd thought of was to have a fixed position for the link that links to the last post in a thread when viewing the my.neoforum

At the moment it's like that ^, and depending on the length of the title it's sort of annoying each time as it differs position.

But yeah, a complete different topic than the tags right now.

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 8:37am (PST)
Whelan, I've never seen the email icon, but I think a similar location for the last post link would be great. Whether it was in the top or bottom right wouldn't bother me, but I think that would be a good spot for it.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Mar 19, 12 at 1:14pm (PST)
i dont suppose it is possible to have a completely stripped down version of neoseeker for devices with very low amounts of memory, like the older generation PSPs, huh? its not that big of an issue, but it helps when i can see the little folder colour icons that say whether or not there has been a new reply in a thread...replacing the image with a letter or some kind of ascii symbol would work wonders.

Author:   DragoniteBallZ
Date:   Oct 25, 12 at 10:09pm (PST)
Probably the easiest way to create a mobile site is using a grid or frameworks such as Bootstrap or jQuery Mobile.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.