Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [Feedback] Ads on mobile mode - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/15/t1655886-feedback-ads-on-mobile-mode/3.htm

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Jun 17, 11 at 3:55am (PST)
Subject:   re: [Feedback] Ads on mobile mode
-------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

Rather than providing preferences for how the ad SHOULD behave I think what we need is clear documentation and screenshots of the problems so we can work with ad providers to solve them.

I'm particularly interested in:
  1. a clear description of what ad you see, along with
  2. screenshots of the ads which "follow you"
  3. The make and model of phone you are using + browser, and what country you are in (the phone make, and your country probably play a big role in whether you see an ad and what ad you see).
  4. screenshots of how this affects the keyboard or buttons in forums
  5. screenshots of this obstructing the links in the site, such as trying to get out of mobile mode as reported by some users
  6. a detailed description and screenshot of how users who don't even see ads, or who don't see "floating ads", are having trouble seeing the keyboard?
  7. for users with and without lag please tell us what phone you have and what the experience is.
I don't see any ads that follow me so I need all this information to get rid of the annoying aspects. If you can provide that please reply with information, if you cannot please do not provide further feedback because it will only slow down our ability to make things right.

If I can get these all ASAP we have a chance of fixing some of these tomorrow, or we might have to suffer partly through the weekend!

Author:   Redemption
Date:   Jun 28, 11 at 11:35pm (PST)
Has anyone had problems with ads in mobile mode since the last posting? I spoke with our ad provider afterwards to lay out some of the concerns but without specifics we're not able to pinpoint and address some of the problems. Could anyone give me an idea if the problems have resolved themselves, or if they persist, or perhaps new issues have cropped up?

Author:   Kaiba
Date:   Jun 28, 11 at 11:47pm (PST)
The only annoyance I'm experiencing is that the site will load before the ad shows up.

So I'll be bringing my finger down to touch the password field so I can enter my password, when the ad shows up to move everything down a bit, and I'll end up touching something else, like the "Forgot your password?" thing.

I'm just so used to being able to go about things quickly that having to wait for the ad to load too is a bit annoying. I guess it would be nicer if they showed up at the same time, or if the ad could show up first or something.

However, it's only a minor nuisance that I wasn't planning on bring up, but since you asked...

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 12:16am (PST)
I was coming to complain about the same thing ;D Its not a huge deal, but I tend to navigate away from where I intend to, sometimes.

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 1:15am (PST)
So many times I've tried to press notifications and I've ended up logging myself out.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 1:54am (PST)
The only problem that I have with Mobile Mode on my iPhone is that the font size of a Thread's Pages when I see the forum page (like Loungin') is that it's too damn small, and so I have a hard time touching the right page that I want to look at. So, if I want to see page 8, I try to touch 8 but I somehow miss and I end up hitting page 7 or page 9.

The Page's font size in the My.Neoforum page seems almost perfect, but I still get the same issue sometimes. I'd really like to see the font size a little bit bigger.

I'm using an iPhone 4 and I'm guessing the Retina Display is not helping at all...

Author:   Kaiba
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 4:31am (PST)
Yeah, not being able to zoom in on mobile modes is a bit annoying. I like to be able to zoom in on the little number or whatever I'm trying to touch so that it's near impossible to miss. XD

Author:   Rune Ripper
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 9:07am (PST)
First visit to Neoseeker since the mobile mode was introduced and it all seems fine, adverts act just as they do on a computer; they stay at the top.

Author:   SwiftBlade
Date:   Jun 29, 11 at 11:07am (PST)
quote Whelan
So many times I've tried to press notifications and I've ended up logging myself out.
Yes, this. Like literally just now, I tried to click on the post field, but ended up hitting the Num List button instead.

It's a minor point, but a point nonetheless.

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 9:16pm (PST)
Bumping this up. Ads that are following me on mobile mode currently are: These are a few examples, but really every ad I've seen in the past week has followed the page. I liked them better when they were up top and remained in one place. Currently using the stock browser on a Galaxy S3 and the floating ads don't affect the keyboard, but the slight lag in the ad reappearing sometimes causes me to click the ad instead of a button or link.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 9:27pm (PST)
I too keep getting Old El Paso following me around the screen - shits me to tears.

Date:   Feb 03, 13 at 6:12am (PST)
Adding Toshiba to the list of annoying ads.

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Feb 03, 13 at 7:08am (PST)
I'm seeing Old El Paso sticking at the top and following me down at the same time. Super exciting stuff and I wouldn't really mind if it didn't lag up a bit.

Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 8:03pm (PST)
There's now an ad for the Travel Channel following me. The frequency of them appearing appears to have slowed, but there's now also white space at the top where ads SHOULD be. I get one or two "following" ads a day, but then no ads at all if they don't appear, which makes the white space unnecessary.

Author:   tekmosis
Date:   Dec 16, 13 at 2:18pm (PST)
As an update to this, with the addition of neoseeker plus, you can disable the ads in mobile mode.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.