Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Join the Neoseeker News Team! - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/15/t1171249-join-neoseeker-news-team/4.htm

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 11:03pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Join the Neoseeker News Team!
-------------------------------------------
Close, sports gaming haha. We're not exactly ready to go head on into the realm of real-time sports. Chances are that would be an entirely different department.

Currently targetting US sports titles and FIFA/PES/FM overseas.

Author:   Fatal Error
Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 11:42pm (PST)
Ah, too bad. I am interested in actual sports writing but not so much sports game writing (I really don't play them). Sports would be a good realm to expand into for Neoseeker, but it obviously isn't part of the Neoseeker niche. Would perhaps be an option for more global appeal in the future, however.

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Oct 14, 11 at 12:38am (PST)
Highbury Highs could be an excellent PES writer if he has the time.

Author:   Jax06
Date:   Oct 14, 11 at 5:49am (PST)
Does that include racing games, VeGiTAX2? I play and heavily follow just about every racing game and would love to make a contribution if you're looking for someone with expertise on the racing genre.

Oh and I have a minor in creative writing at my university as well.

Date:   Oct 14, 11 at 6:19am (PST)
Xbox 360 racing actually Jax06. Heath handles all of our PS3 racing titles fine and Sean is comfortable with most of the offerings on the PC. I guess there's the Wii too but those are really limited.

Author:   Jax06
Date:   Oct 14, 11 at 6:36am (PST)
Excellent, that's what I have! (: And with Forza 4's new release, there's a big-name game right there just waiting to peak into the newsroom.

Are the guidelines in the original post still current and the way to apply, VeGiTAX2?

Date:   Oct 14, 11 at 6:53am (PST)
I think so, you might want to check with RabidChinaGirl and chautemoc to be sure though. While I do all the bookings and arrangements I don't actually oversee the writing unless it's a legal issue for the team. (NDA restrictions and such)

Author:   Spook
Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 9:18pm (PST)
Is this a situation where applications are always being taken? 'Cause I was thinking it would be neat to have my stuff edited on a professional grade, on the side. It sounds like a good opportunity.

Author:   Jeremy
Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 6:08am (PST)
I'm still very interested in this, but the problem is, I'm only guaranteed to be available on weekends, and that makes me feel bad. As soon as I can get more consistent, I'll definitely be applying (mainly a message to Veggie so he doesn't think I'm a flake).

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.