Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New Final Fantasy title hinted at - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/119/t1724020-new-final-fantasy-title-hinted-at/

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 5:09pm (PST)
Subject:   New Final Fantasy title hinted at
-------------------------------------------
quote Siliconera
Square Enix is teasing a new game and it feels tied to Final Fantasy since a teaser video has a glowing crystal in the background. The movie starts out saying "7 days of meteorites" before it flashes words like crystal and summons. Pictures (and text) reveal familiar Final Fantasy summons Diablos, Titan, and Odin.

Square Enix "Secret Title" Has Illustrations From Final Fantasy Type 0 Art Director Square Enix "Secret Title" Has Illustrations From Final Fantasy Type 0 Art Director Square Enix "Secret Title" Has Illustrations From Final Fantasy Type 0 Art Director

Yusuke Naora, art director from Final Fantasy Type-0, and Suikoden Tierkreis artist Masaki Hirooka are tied to the unnamed game. I wonder if this is Final Fantasy Dimensions. Square Enix registered a trademark for that or if this is the ten million troops game. Whatever it is, the secret title appears to be slated for release in summer 2012 on unannounced platform(s?).
Link.

Official site.

GUYS. Let's stop and think about what you're already working and/or should seriously consider:

- Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Completing Kingdom Hearts 3D
- Kingdom Hearts III
- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
- Final Fantasy X HD
- Revamped Final Fantasy XIV
- English Type-0
- English Theatrhythm
- Final Fantasy V-IX remakes?
- Localization/port/remake of Before Crisis?
- Localization/port/remake of Legends: Warriors of Light and Darkness?
- Already preparing to announce Final Fantasy XV?

Please, just PLEASE give us what we want. Don't you have enough to work with?

I know that some people on here will say that announcing more games is "good" because it means that Square and Final Fantasy is alive, but really, have we gotten what we really wanted so far? No, and it's obvious part of it is them piling on hundreds of games to work on.

Author:   Vicarious
Date:   Mar 27, 12 at 9:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: New Final Fantasy title hinted at
Yeah I really don't understand them at all. :/

Author:   gobi1972
Date:   Mar 29, 12 at 6:41pm (PST)
Forget about remakes. SQUARE most likely won't waste time with remakes. To add to what games SQUARE should concentrate :

1. Parasite Eve sequel (proper one, not that PSP crap).
2. Front Mission sequel for PS3 (not sure got one or not).

Author:   R a i n
Date:   Mar 29, 12 at 9:05pm (PST)
It's not a Final Fantasy. The game is called Crystal Conquest! Wouldn't get too excited over this.

Author:   Abyss Raider
Date:   Mar 31, 12 at 5:46am (PST)
Darn, a new Breath of Fire or Chrono Trigger would've been pretty cool, too, but... Kingdom Hearts III.

Author:   R a i n
Date:   Apr 07, 12 at 7:23am (PST)
A first trailer for Square Enix's browser-based multiplayer action title Crystal Conquest has been released through 4Gamer. Take a look below.

You'll notice that some of the screens of the game appear to have a giant map covering the action. That is indeed a layout of the battlefield, which is set up as a maze of rooms. Players can switch the map between large, where it covers the screen, and small, where it's shown in the upper right.

The screens also show an "SOS" button in the upper right. This is used to alert other players that you need help. Someone will hopefully come to your assistance.

--

Looks Terrible!

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Apr 07, 12 at 6:52pm (PST)
Oh my god Square Enix. THIS is where your assets are being allocated right now???

Look, you still have a chance to prove you're not *bleep*s like the other game companies out there right now. Use it.

Author:   Fire Fox
Date:   Apr 08, 12 at 3:41am (PST)
It's about time you guys realize SE is not catering to the old fans at all. Ever since XIII that is kinda obvious. And no, X HD does not count.

Author:   Bale Fire
Date:   Apr 08, 12 at 3:51am (PST)
I'll save judgement until we see more, but yeah, it does look kind of cheap.

Still waiting on Versus.

Author:   The Ginger Dude
Date:   Apr 10, 12 at 7:43am (PST)
Other than FF12 and Dissidia, SE hasen't proved me anything that shows them to be a Good, Consistent company, Dosen't really help them either when they stockpile 30,000 "Games" to work on, Then release it halfway done...They are pretty much much doing what Nintendo has done since the Wii, Nearly forgetting the old-time fans and catering to the casuals, Thankfully they haven't done a KH/FF fitness game or SE sports but they just lost their touch big time.

They are beating an old dead horse in the FF series, Though it's sad to say but let it rest, 13 was inconsistent( The whole game except for Cid and the first two forms of Dysely was easy) It took them nearly five years to just work on the graphics engine, Really...Really. Ost was dissapointing and Characters were lackluster excluding Sazh. Versus I don't even care about anymore, Watch them pull off a DNF, The music-based one idk about but meh. 13-2....same as 13 but with a " Deep and Edgy story".

KH, I really lost interest in the series after two, though it has a remarkable composer, I don't like the story...Seems too convoluted and not done right, Though i did enjoy the whole thing with Roxas and the Organization. They're milking the series badly just like with FF, They haven't even worked on 3 yet except for a few concept arts.

I hope Dragon Quest online turns out to be good since were never getting a X, Just remakes.

If Tetsuya Nomura just leaves or quits being the main honcho at SE, They may get better, he can't take the position and he will crack soon, Never that great honestly...

Author:   Zack_305
Date:   May 18, 12 at 10:06am (PST)
I'll probably buy whatever it is lol. XIII was awesome in its own way (not as good as VII or even VIII) but I liked it. So regardless I'll probably buy XV (if it exists)

Author:   Aeroga
Date:   May 18, 12 at 1:12pm (PST)
At this rate we'll never get Final Fantasy Versus XIII... or at least not in our lifetime.

Author:   Mishtram
Date:   May 18, 12 at 1:15pm (PST)
quote Zack_305
I'll probably buy whatever it is lol. XIII was awesome in its own way (not as good as VII or even VIII) but I liked it. So regardless I'll probably buy XV (if it exists)
I think we're getting to the point where people have to stop trying to compare things to VII and VIII, not just because those games are not of the same era of gaming as we exist in now but also because when we were shown those games we were essentially walking into that level of awesome in what would today be a sea of inadequate, horribly made games that would never even make it past the concept stage.

The direction SE is going to go will eventually take it away from the FF series because, as long as they don't make VII, they are going to be getting flack for whatever they make and the longer you base yourself around one series the more dangerous it is to move outwards. Mind, the games they make are not exactly monumental moves away from typical SE stuff, but, well, you know.

Author:   smittyjw27
Date:   May 22, 12 at 8:22am (PST)
If they did make another FF then it needs to have a better story line. All i'm saying is when 7 and 8 came out they stuck to they same basic story throughout the series afterwards. Make a better story line and make it consuming. Something that pulls in the player and makes them feel like part of the world. SE is missing that. And that's why the series is dying.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.