Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: FFT vs. FF7(story-wise) - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t88980-fft-vs-ff7-story-wise/5.htm

Author:   angel cheater 50
Date:   Aug 13, 04 at 2:44am (PST)
Subject:   re: FFT vs. FF7(story-wise)
-------------------------------------------
I make it too confusing Sorry, maybe I'm not good at stories, I just want to share my opinion.

Author:   Dewd
Date:   Feb 09, 10 at 3:15am (PST)
you guys dunno me.. but i think ff7 kicks ass story-wise. the black and white materia can only be used in the lifestream, one being the black materia which casts a meteor with jenova in it and the white materia does the complete opposite of that you can choose the future by destroying it with the black materia or save it by using the white materia thasskewl.

oh..
baked

Author:   gobi1972
Date:   May 13, 10 at 4:20am (PST)
quote Dewd
you guys dunno me.. but i think ff7 kicks ass story-wise. the black and white materia can only be used in the lifestream, one being the black materia which casts a meteor with jenova in it and the white materia does the complete opposite of that you can choose the future by destroying it with the black materia or save it by using the white materia thasskewl.

oh..
baked
Actually, Black or White Materias have nothing to do with Jenova. Black Materia is a powerful spell which cast Meteor. In FF4 for example, the characters will inform ya that Meteo was so powerful, the Planet itself had sealed it away.

And Meteor doesn't destroy a Planet, it merely "reboot the system" (due to lack of proper words for it).

Author:   Hillandder
Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 5:23am (PST)
FFT have a storyline more consistent and the sutel critic against the religion make my decision, FF7 have a history more like ambiental preservation.

But remember, compare the history of FFT with FF7 is like compare Mozart with Bethoven, is two masterpiece.

Author:   DarkRue_Cloud
Date:   Aug 03, 12 at 11:47pm (PST)
quote Hillandder
compare the history of FFT with FF7 is like compare Mozart with Bethoven, is two masterpiece.
I agree with this but I have to disagree that they are both on equal standing. Like a contest or a match in tennis or pool there needs to be a #1. My vote goes for FF7 as having a better overall game-play. while FFT would have be 2nd best compared to FF7. FFT story would have to take the win because i felt more captivated by it. However FF7's interactivity wins better game award imo.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.