Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: FFT vs. FF7(story-wise) - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t88980-fft-vs-ff7-story-wise/4.htm

Author:   PN0yplayinURMOMMA
Date:   Jan 28, 03 at 12:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: FFT vs. FF7(story-wise)
-------------------------------------------
hmm...well..I personnaly think Final Fantasy 7 was a better game since there was a good story throughout the game, and I think FF7 was the best of all the final Fantasays

8 was kool with the good graphics, and 9 i didnt like to much since it wasnt what I was looking for..

hmm.. Tactics I liked since the team systems was more than 3

and you get to have cloud too

but ill have to go with Final Fantasy 7

Author:   Nashira
Date:   Feb 08, 03 at 5:27pm (PST)
By the look of your banner you are a banner making extroadinaire and remember when you just started the banner business and I met you on Kingdom Hearts.
Well i think i'll request a banner but I'll Pm you my request.
Well of course FF7 is the best everyone knows that. I love the game and I was playing it yesterday and I was at the point were Cloud and Tifa fall into the lifestream and we finally find out about Cloud's past.
I hope to get FFT tomorrow so after having a good play on it I will go onto Neo and give everyone my british opinion of the game.

Author:   PN0yplayinURMOMMA
Date:   Feb 09, 03 at 7:44am (PST)
Didnt you already Send me a Neopm stating you wanted one? Im working on Peoples banners, so just please refresh my memory and Tell me or yeah... and yes.. I do remember you..I addedd you to my Freinds list..

Author:   DarkRue_Cloud
Date:   Apr 27, 04 at 10:02pm (PST)
I like both stories alot, can't really say which one is better.

I think I'll descide later...

Author:   holyknight2004
Date:   Apr 27, 04 at 10:05pm (PST)
ya I would have to say FFT is a lot better, but probably because I havent beaten FFVII yet so thats probably the reason.

Author:   everville
Date:   May 04, 04 at 6:22pm (PST)
This really isn't fair since FF7 has 3 discs to build and tell a story whereas FFTactics has 1. It's obvious that 7 as far as overall storytelling goes, but I like the way Tactics ends.

As far as gameplay go, I think FFTactics is not only the best FF game ever, but one of the best games I've played in my entire life (yes, I like this game that much)

This message was edited by everville on May 04 2004.

Author:   DarkRue_Cloud
Date:   May 04, 04 at 6:28pm (PST)
I just think both FF7 and FFT are Awesome games overall.

None is really better then another now that I think of it. It's which game had more Impact. FF7 was Awesome, an Enhanced Crono Trigger...

FFT made me play day and night for about half a year.

Author:   Mage Of Doom
Date:   Jul 26, 04 at 12:10pm (PST)
FFT. The storyline is good, and many cool things happen throughout the game, and I think yáll know that.

Author:   angel cheater 50
Date:   Aug 05, 04 at 11:01pm (PST)
FF7. hands down.

Author:   Iscariot
Date:   Aug 09, 04 at 2:56am (PST)
§ · And... why's that? The "hands down" thing really doesn't explain much, but if you care to explain your opinion a little, we'd be happy to read.

Date:   Aug 10, 04 at 12:08am (PST)
Sure
FF7 good things
-lots of sidequest
-interesting story line
-collecting materia
-good graphics
-interesting past
-fighting
-how to get a character sidequest
-sidequest for weapons
FFT good things
-sidequest
-interesting story line
-fighting
-How to get a character sidequest
-you can use anyone use to fight
FF7 bad things
-scary parts
-confusing story
FFT bad things
-no materia quest(I know that there no materia but we are comparing between FF7 and FFT)
-there not a lot of sidequest
-there no good graphics
-not a interesting past

Date:   Aug 10, 04 at 12:15am (PST)
§ · Did you catch the part of the thread title that said "story-wise"? If you happened to miss it, I'd like to kindly point it out. Now you said FFVII had an interesting story... why? What made it interesting? What made FFT's past 'not interesting'?

Author:   Lakerfan08
Date:   Aug 10, 04 at 1:22am (PST)
FFT was better in my utmost oppinion. i mean it started out as a fight between you (the nobles) amd a bunch of thieves and rebels (the death corps) but it turned into a whole conspiricy type of thing involving all of the major groups in Ivalice, and the transition between the two was really good unluck a lot of other games. and i loved how it had a histroically idea. i mean back in the middle ages there were struggles over succession, and the church was corrupt and it was more powerful than the royal family, and the church did interact with other groups and exhiled people for opposing them. 7 was a good game too, but it was too sci-fi with its clones and the idea of the mako stream and such, and i prefer stories with more of a historical backround, and are more realistic.

Date:   Aug 11, 04 at 8:01pm (PST)
quote Snowfox Dreamer
§ · Did you catch the part of the thread title that said "story-wise"? If you happened to miss it, I'd like to kindly point it out. Now you said FFVII had an interesting story... why? What made it interesting? What made FFT's past 'not interesting'?
FFVII has a interesting because it three disk long and the story is long and interesting. FFT is not interesting because it battle suck and it has a little history and past.

Date:   Aug 13, 04 at 2:03am (PST)
§ · *sigh* All right, Angel Cheater, no offence or anything intended, but if you can't lace a single one of your posts in this thread with a hint of intelligence, I recommend just not saying anything at all. FFVII was three disks long because the graphics, music, enemies, and other data took up so much room. FFT's focus was almost completely story and gameplay, so the graphics were toned down to two-dimensionable and tolerable.
It's story spans probably about 3/4 the length of FFVII's, though it seems shorter because it's not dotted with hours of wandering and fighting off random battles. You still didn't explain what made FFVII's story interesting, and I don't have a clue what "little history and past" is supposed to mean, but frankly, you're not obligated to get real indepth with that, so we'll leave it at that.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.