Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Perfect FFT Team - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t856924-perfect-fft-team/7.htm

Author:   Occasus
Date:   Jun 15, 11 at 5:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Perfect FFT Team
-------------------------------------------
I've messed around with several class crossovers and the best ones usually find a place in my main group.

Monk - Punch Art/Guts - Ramza of course, I cycle between Two Swords and Attack Up. Straight up power attacker since monk damage is based off bravery.

Samurai - Draw Out/Battle Skill - Usually equipped with Two Swords, this character all around is useful for offense AND defense. If there's a boss that needs slowed or nerfed, this is the first character I bring up.

Ninja - Throw/Steal - The Femme Fatale of the group, I equip her with the Cherche perfume, Koga & Iga Blades, Power Sleeve and Thief Hat. I gave her Steal because it's directly based off speed, the Ninja's dominant stat.

Summoner - Summon/Math Skill - I usually have two of these, each one with Blade Grasp and an arsenal of costless spells that can hit just about anywhere on the map can easily cripple any opposition. No speed limitation as a summoner instead of a regular calculator and the highest magic damage for a caster class.

quote TimeNinja
Generic Ninja w/Time Magic or Calculator w/ Summon
How does that work out with a ninja/caster? Faster cast times I'm guessing, but what are all the benefits?

Author:   TimeNinja
Date:   Jun 15, 11 at 6:35pm (PST)
quote Occasus
quote TimeNinja
Generic Ninja w/Time Magic or Calculator w/ Summon
How does that work out with a ninja/caster? Faster cast times I'm guessing, but what are all the benefits?
He usually just casts Haste on himself or someone else for the first turn or two. I don't like charging in with my ninja, he dies. I usually keep him back with my healer/caster/dancer and then kind of use him as an "assassin"; meaning all he does is kill things. If an enemy gets low he'll Throw or just move in for the kill. He can't handle getting hit lol.

The Time Magic also serves as a utility in a crunch (Stop, Don't Move). He's been moved down to the b-team because I duplicated Excaliber and now Ramza, Beo, Agrias, & Beowulf always have Haste. I still use my Time Ninja as the finisher/haste1&2 caster on the b-team. Worker 8 smashes people in the face and then the ninja runs up and kills them.

I'm considering a new 2nd job for him, I may end up going back to finish his thief training or go martial arts and use monk abilities. I am leaning towards changing him to ninja w/ punch art & martial arts. He's already a master time mage, I just thought a ninja who controls space & time is awesome.

I don't really have a starting 5 anymore, I use everyone, but here's who I'm using now after getting Cloud.

Ramza - SuperSquire with Math Skill
Agrias - Holy Sword with W. Magic (I love her with a Chantage!)
Orlandu - All Swordskill with Draw Out
Beowulf - Tempest Knight with Battle Skill (Not sold on his 2nd skill yet, using speed/power break to level quicker)

Then for my 5th spot I vary between the rest of my group, usually its someone that knows the vital Item abilities. It also depends on the battle who I will use. I'm planning on using Cloud as my last starter but he needs a lot of work first and I'm not sure what I'll do with his other ability.

Date:   Jun 15, 11 at 6:49pm (PST)
quote Occasus
Summoner - Summon/Math Skill - I usually have two of these, each one with Blade Grasp and an arsenal of costless spells that can hit just about anywhere on the map can easily cripple any opposition. No speed limitation as a summoner instead of a regular calculator and the highest magic damage for a caster class.
I had one of these guys but had to cut him loose when I got Cloud due to no room. Leveling his math skill was just terrible, soo slow but it would have been nice to finally finish him. I already have Ramza SuperSquire with Speed 13 and a maxed out Math Skill. I only use it when I can't win or just get frustrated (very rarely). Math Skill is extremely OP especiall when most of your team can absorb Holy!!!! hahaha

Date:   Jun 15, 11 at 8:10pm (PST)
quote TimeNinja
Leveling his math skill was just terrible, soo slow but it would have been nice to finally finish him.
If you swap Ramza's skills over to using Guts, you can use Yell on your Calculator to jack up their speed and simply use Accumulate (Basic Skill as well) with the Calculator each turn he/she gets. It's a bit quicker than just waiting on their ridiculously slow CT.

Date:   Jun 15, 11 at 8:46pm (PST)
quote Occasus
quote TimeNinja
Leveling his math skill was just terrible, soo slow but it would have been nice to finally finish him.
If you swap Ramza's skills over to using Guts, you can use Yell on your Calculator to jack up their speed and simply use Accumulate (Basic Skill as well) with the Calculator each turn he/she gets. It's a bit quicker than just waiting on their ridiculously slow CT.
That's a good point. Ramza got too far ahead of my other guys so I stopped using him except when I was forced to and usually in those battles the calculator never made the cut. Yell is an abusive ability though for sure. Scream is just insane.

Date:   Jun 17, 11 at 3:32pm (PST)
If you get a chance also, I don't know if you were aware of the bravery and faith training with a mediator, but you can raise and lower party member's Br and Fa permanently, which would help for an item finder character.
Praise, Preach, Threaten, Solution...and whatever Ramza's bravery raising skill is, all affect them permanently by about 1/4 of the Br/Fa raised or lowered.

Date:   Jun 17, 11 at 3:59pm (PST)
quote Occasus
If you get a chance also, I don't know if you were aware of the bravery and faith training with a mediator, but you can raise and lower party member's Br and Fa permanently, which would help for an item finder character.
Praise, Preach, Threaten, Solution...and whatever Ramza's bravery raising skill is, all affect them permanently by about 1/4 of the Br/Fa raised or lowered.
Yep I used Beowulf to lower my Move-Finder's brave to 11 and got both the Javelin II and Escutchen II. Ramza's brave is permanently at 97 but I still need to raise a few other characters. I have a master mediator and am training Rafa in those skills right now. Ever since I gave her the Blaze Gun as a chemist I realized that she needs to keep that thing equipped haha she hits harder than Mustadio with that gun.

Author:   Archdale2
Date:   Jun 30, 11 at 4:17am (PST)
quote Shadow Rue
... Ok. 4 Worker 8's and a Chemist.

you all are garbage. especially u. your horrible, and probly a little kid who really doesnt know how to play the game. dont waste your money buying the new one this summer. your not old enough to play.

Author:   Archdale2
Date:   Jun 30, 11 at 4:20am (PST)
quote killa cameron
OK LISTEN UP CAUSE IV BEATEN FINAL FANATSY TACTICS AT LEAST 50 TIMES. I KNOW FOR A 100 MILLION% FACT THE THE FOLLOWING TEAM STRATAGIE IS NEAR UNBEATABLE.

also use this sight to learn how to get all jobs:
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/fft/jobs.php

first off when you start the game you want to delet all your men and go to soldier shop and get new men all with brave an faith above 65. i suggest 4 men and 1 female. trust me on this. now to start off get all your men to be a theif. make them learn steal heart and mayby steal gil since its only 10 jp. now heres why: when in a batlle (suggested mandalia plains) kill all but 1 creature and then surround it and use steal heart on it with everyone constantly to get free fast easy jp to lvl up in job lvls super fast (make steal a secondary to make it work on other classes. ex knight with steal as secondary useing steal heart will get jp in the knight skills).do this till you get all your men except 1 guy character and your female character to be a ninja. the 1 male character you dont do this do to should be ONLY a chemist the entire game...never change (uses guns later on its really great). now when they become ninjas continue this steal heart trick till they get 900 jp and can learn two swords skill. now set your main character to be a knight with two swords skill on so he can equip armour and 2 swords (highly unbeatable when done on your main character). have his secondary skill as items to heal himself when the medic cannot. next character should me another male character. i suggest keeping as ninja with euip armour skill so he can use throw, have 2 swords and high def from his armour. next character should be (and this is my favorite) make him a lancer after you learn 2 swords (lancer cant use 2 lances though) and master his jump skills (and i know-THIS WILL TAKE FOREVER but tottaly worth it). ok now on this same character make him a samurai (reffer to the job page) with two swords skill to weild to katanas and set secondary to jump so youll have a jumping, 2 bladed samurai. next character should be your 4rth male character...the chemist. this one it easy...just completely master his chemic skills and never change him. later he will be able to use a gun. a healer that has an ultra long-range and high damaging power-you decide if thats worth it or not.lol. lastly, your female character should be a dancer with equip sheild on and some type of mantle in the bottom item equip space (note i forgot to say always give mantles to all character instead of boots or power gloves because it greatly helps your evasion which is vital). only teach her nameless dance cause it is fu-king unbeleivablly good. other dances are worthless. iv always had her have items as secondary to heal herself from archer or gunner wounds since she will stay back from everyone else to dance and the chemist will be following your other men so he wont be of much use to her.

(also not that all characters should have counter learned from the monk job cept the chemist and the samurai. chemist have auto potion and samurai have blade grasp)

NOW TRUST-ME YOU TRY THIS AND YOU WONT LOSE UNLESS YOUR SO BAD AT THIS GAME THAT YOU SHOULD JUST THROW IT AWAY AND NEVER PLAY AGAIN BECAUSE IT IS NOT IN YOUR GENETIC CODE TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES.

if you have questions or there is something i didnt make quite clear email me at cam102002@aol.com

thanks
u dont know shyt. but at least your on the right path. i will kill u in tactics.

Author:   Doom and Fiend
Date:   Nov 23, 11 at 10:17pm (PST)
a perfect team is easy set up 5 knights. for reactions get blade grasp(samurai)(700jp)with everyone, almost invincible to physical attacks if u got 90+ brave cause its brave percent guard so 90brave=90%guard or use hamedo(monk)(1200jp) thats also very good, and two swords(ninja)(900jp)for double damage, move+3(bard), or teleport(Time mage), chameleon robe to stop sword specials, and i dont know the boots but they stop magic this makes u a fft god noone will kill a party set up this way. plus for secondary job abilities use throw, punch art or white magic. i use punch art for revive,chakra, and earth slash.

My party: Doom lvl73 Knight-battle skill,punch art,blade grasp,two swords, move+3. Fiend lvl71 knight-battle skill, punch art, blade grasp, two swords, move+3.Beck lvl70 Death lvl55 (same as doom,fiend)
Danielle lvl70 priest white magic, math skill, hamedo, gained exp up, move+3. i love this game they shouldremake it with more and better on ps3.

Author:   gloriouslife
Date:   Jan 19, 12 at 3:57pm (PST)
I like to play racing games. i do not like fighting.

http://NewKindle2011.org

Author:   Edien
Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 9:01am (PST)
i think it is a knight blade(knight with jump ability), a dragoon, a chemist, orlandu and agrias.... i hate a mage

Author:   BrotherLukeLuke
Date:   Feb 11, 12 at 1:32am (PST)
Has to have Cloud to be perfect, everyone else is just support

Author:   tavo
Date:   Mar 25, 12 at 1:19am (PST)
Rama invisible and 4 females w chantage and safeguard

Author:   tavo
Date:   Mar 25, 12 at 1:29am (PST)
quote BrotherLukeLuke
Has to have Cloud to be perfect, everyone else is just support
Cloud is Not that great his abilities charge for BIG TIME and his stats are Not the Best. I prefer Agrias, Orlandeau and Mesiadoul then Balthier and Beowulf and the^_^n maybe Cloud

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.