Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Perfect FFT Team - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t856924-perfect-fft-team/6.htm

Author:   Moogle187
Date:   Oct 25, 08 at 7:02am (PST)
Subject:   re: Perfect FFT Team
-------------------------------------------
The best team is the quickening. If your opponent never gets a turn, how can they win?

Also, Counter Magic rocks.

Author:   C4RN4GE
Date:   Nov 17, 08 at 3:55am (PST)
I've not played a tremendous number of times.... Only beaten the game maybe 5-6 times. But I enjoy using JUST Ramza (maxed out) with a vanish mantle... and a couple (yes, two) of maxed out generic female monk/theives with blade grasp (brave 97), move +2, secret hunt. They wear black robes, ribbons, and chantage... Ramza hides, they kill, get killed (providing they can get hit with something like magic or counters), get up and kill, get killed, get up and kill.....

Author:   JJ
Date:   Jul 01, 09 at 9:49pm (PST)
5 black mages (best combo of speed and Magic Attack)
-learned Holy, Cure 3, and Life from Priest
Secondary skill calculate maxed

99% of fights ended before the monsters had a chance to move, due to being Holy'd to death... it was ridiculous.

Max calculate is OP coupled with Holy.

Author:   Soulcrush
Date:   Jul 06, 09 at 11:32pm (PST)
I prefer 2 ninjas with plenty of Excaliburs in Inventory, one Knight with Two swords (Excaliburs) and Germinas boots, one Wizard with Summon and Quick charge, and Monk with Blade grasp and Attack up, though I switch the details around.

Author:   Ramzaweloveyou
Date:   Jul 13, 09 at 8:41pm (PST)
For me Lancer Monk is awesome..

Jump
Punch art
Hamedo(if im in random battle i switch to Blade grasp)
Two Hands(thats the real strengh where comes)
Move+3

İm level 81

and my party like a killing machine,one hit 400+

Author:   Soloris
Date:   Feb 05, 10 at 3:08pm (PST)
I like 4 knights with 2 swords and auto potion abilities, and a white mage with item command and throw

Author:   Knightmawk
Date:   Feb 10, 10 at 11:03pm (PST)
Paladin, Red Mage, Ranger, Assassin, and Ramza.

A Paladin is a Knight, but with white magic as his secondary skill and then maybe move HP up and blade grasp to help out. Ignore Height is good too.

A Red Mage is basically A Black, or White Mage with the opposite school as their secondary ability, fast cast, and teleport, also equip sword or armor are nice.

A Ranger is an Archer, but with mastered Jump and equip armor so he can take some hits. Ignore Height is really nice for this guy so he can get anywhere and shot from anywhere.

An Assassin is a Ninja with a focus in throwing and as a second ability he has Yin Yang Magic to blind and cripple enemies. Fly is a good movement type for this class and Blade Grasp makes a solid reaction ability.

As for Ramza, keep him at his base job, but master the monk class for a secondary ability, give him dual wield with two excaliburs and then give him teleport as a movement type and as a reaction Blade Grasp.
He
Kills
Everything.

Author:   timang07
Date:   Apr 13, 10 at 1:31am (PST)
help.. why is it that everytime i finished the game and i saved it.. its just stuck at the end..? im level 58 when i finished it.. im always at the end stage.. at st. ajora..

Author:   timang07
Date:   Apr 13, 10 at 1:36am (PST)
and another thing.. why is it that cloud was not at your team?

Author:   Stevebeoulve2
Date:   Apr 13, 10 at 11:14pm (PST)
quote timang07
help.. why is it that everytime i finished the game and i saved it.. its just stuck at the end..? im level 58 when i finished it.. im always at the end stage.. at st. ajora..

Once you enter Orbonne Monastery, you can't turn back. That's why you need to save a separate file BEFORE you enter if you want to keep playing. You can't continue after you beat Sj. Ajora.

quote timang07
and another thing.. why is it that cloud was not at your team?

Cloud is a secret character. He is not part of the main story so you have to get him yourself. HERE is how to get him.

Author:   tonythebrave
Date:   Jan 14, 11 at 8:01pm (PST)
ramza as a squire with monk skills, blade grasp, two swords, and move+2/move+3/ignore height

knight with similar skills,

summoner with white magic, hp restore, magic attack up, move-mp-up

ninja with charge skills, speed save, attack up, move+2/move+3/ignore height

archer with knight skills, blade grasp, concentrate, ignore height

Author:   Dark Prince
Date:   Mar 17, 11 at 5:12pm (PST)
Ramza as squire with blade grasp and two hands...same for samurai(make sure brave is at 97 to maximize reaction chance...3% chance to hit him for me) samurai, ninja, and calculator (calculator needs to have reraise accessory to come back and raise everyone else) fifth character doesnt matter because with those four i have never lost...just sayin.

Author:   TimeNinja
Date:   Jun 07, 11 at 3:44pm (PST)
Ok I think I have my team worked out a little better. I really wish they would give you more spots to keep people. 20 units isn't enough (pause).

Here's my new plan for a top 5:
Ramza - SuperSquire (Squire w/ Math Skills)
Beowulf - Utility Knife (Temple Knight w/Time Magic)
Agrias - TG Placeholder/Pally (Holy Knight w/ White Magic)
Mustadio - Engineer/Medic (Engineer w/ Item/Item Throw)
Generic Bard - Gravy/Emergency Bomb Dropper (Bard w/ Summon)

I'm a big fan of speed and status ailments. Mustadio has the Thief's Hat and Sprint Shoes so he always goes first and does Aim Arm or Aim Leg to the first threat. Beowulf casts Haste or Haste 2 and get ready to start thinning the herd with Magic Sword. Ramza just pretty much is a presence, killing anyone that gets close or devastating the other team with Calc Holy. Agrias uses Holy Sword and tanks then heals if needed. Ever since she got the Chantage it's been hard for me to sit her, she does it all, I love her. Finally, the Bard just does Cheer Song unless he's needed (in an emergency for a summon).

I'm sure this lineup will change once I get TG Cid and the real Reis, plus I'm going to be leveling Cloud.

I also just got a dancer and love Nameless Dance. If I use her, the bard, agrias, ramza, and beowulf it's always no contest. Not sure which secondary ability to give her though. She's my thief/secret hunter and highest trained lancer so it's hard for me to figure out how she's best utilized.

This message was edited by TimeNinja on Jun 07 2011.

Author:   hipocrito
Date:   Jun 08, 11 at 5:00pm (PST)
5 female knights w/ excaliburs, ribbons, and chantages..
have them all with math skills and what was that chemist skill that prevents items from being stolen or broken?! use that..
just let them use holy to pawn enemies and heal themselves at the same time..

Author:   TimeNinja
Date:   Jun 10, 11 at 1:18pm (PST)
Ok as of today here's my plan

Ramza SuperSquire w/ Math Skill
Beowulf Temple Knight w/ Time Magic
Orlandu Holy Sword w/ ???
Agrias Holy Sword w/ White Magic
Mustadio Engineer w/ Item+Item Throw

I'm not sure what to give Orlandu, not sure he needs anything else. No one on this team is dying. Agrias has the Chantage, Beowulf can heal himself and cast Don't Act. Mustadio has item and can just Aim Leg/Arm and back away until safe. Ramza kills others too easily, no one can defeat him. He always goes first and can cast Holy on you or hit you for 450 with a simple Attack.

Here's my secondary team, so much fun:

Worker 8
Reis (dragon form)
Rafa Chemist w/Truth
Malak Chemist w/ Un-Truth
Generic Ninja w/Time Magic or Calculator w/ Summon

With this team I just shoot the crap out of you and make you deal with the monsters Reis & Worker 8 as they charge at you. Slide in with the TimeNinja for an easy finish or use the Calculator to demolish you from afar.

Is it just me, or do the Heaven & Hell Knight abilities suck though?!

This message was edited by TimeNinja on Jun 10 2011.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.