Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Perfect FFT Team - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t856924-perfect-fft-team/2.htm

Author:   Ragnarok352
Date:   Apr 04, 07 at 3:30am (PST)
Subject:   re: Perfect FFT Team
-------------------------------------------
4 orlandus and a Ramza Squire with 2 swords and math skill as secondary.

Totally destroy 50 worker 8's

Author:   DeathKnight
Date:   Apr 04, 07 at 4:47pm (PST)
Forget Ramza with Math Skill, put Reis on it. Her MA and SP are naturally higher than anyone's, and given that she's a female she has a huge advantage on Ramza. Give her Math Skill and if you're calculating correctly you'll be removing teams in one move.

And to answer an earlier question, people like Ramza as a Squire because his Squire class is very good and flexible (can equip all different types of armor, has good MA, PA, and SP). Also, Guts is a decent skill-set (Scream is a good move to start off the level, and Yell is perhaps the best move to level up with).

Author:   Shadow Rue
Date:   Apr 04, 07 at 11:48pm (PST)
quote Hrist
Any team can be beat. I simply like messing with time.
... Except a team of 4 Worker 8's and a Chemist.

Author:   Stevebeoulve2
Date:   Apr 05, 07 at 6:35am (PST)
5 Ninjas with Math Skill

Great speed, kills off Chemists

Ninjas team up on Worker 8.

The end.

Date:   Apr 06, 07 at 1:22am (PST)
... You assume Ninjas could stand up to a compress or destroy attack.

Date:   Apr 06, 07 at 1:59am (PST)
Equip Armor FTW = High HP

Besides, Worker 8 is slow.

Author:   Weapon
Date:   Apr 06, 07 at 2:37am (PST)
Litte off-topic, but what is so great about the Math skill?

Date:   Apr 06, 07 at 2:48am (PST)
You can target almost anyone on the battlefield, and use almost any magic, all with no MP cost.

Pretty nifty, I must say.

Date:   Apr 06, 07 at 4:13pm (PST)
Oh cool, I will have to try using a Calculator then, I've never used one before, haha.

The team withotu special characters that I always liked using and currently am on my new game is 2 Knights, 2 Lancers and Ramza, all with the Item skill and Hi-Potion.

Date:   Apr 07, 07 at 12:29am (PST)
quote Stevebeoulve2
Equip Armor FTW = High HP

Besides, Worker 8 is slow.
Compress >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Armor.
Worker 8 has more hp than any ninja with armor.

Date:   Apr 07, 07 at 4:20pm (PST)
Lies. I've tried it already.

Author:   Iscariot
Date:   Apr 08, 07 at 1:07am (PST)
Too many factors, anyway.

Team sizes range from, what, three to six? Even seven?

I could say "five Orlandus", but that's not exactly feasible, is it?

A team of Story characters is always more domineering than generics. The potential is just greater.
Then you have to figure secondary skills, support, reaction, movement, and a skew of equipment.

There have been so many topics regarding this sort of thing, it makes my head spin.

Author:   DeathKnight
Date:   Apr 08, 07 at 6:17pm (PST)
The Worker 8 team is worthless. It's the same thing as having 5 worker 8's if you remove the chemist quickly. Have 4 different gunners with blast guns and Ignore Height to take care of the Worker 8's and have a Ninja with Move + 3 and perhaps some Germinas Boots to take care of the Chemist in the first round. Or better yet, just use Orlandu. If you think Worker 8 is the end all be all in the game, you clearly have not explored the real possibilities at your fingertips. Reis with an H-Bag, Ribbon, and Setiesmon plus Math Skill is essentially unstoppable. Her speed is out of this world and MA is naturally high enough to calculate the shit out of everything. Plus, Orlandu himself is a God. Give him Excalibur, Gold Escutcheon, Thief Hat, Power Sleeve (or Robe of Lords to be overly cheap) and Bracer. And then have his skills be All Swordskill, Item, Counter, Attack UP, and Move + 3 (or Teleport) and watch him destroy everything in his path.

Equip Armor should never be used as a support skill under any context whatsoever. Yes, Maximillian adds 200 HP and that seems awesome...but it's not. A Gold Escutcheon adds 75% physical evade and 50% magical evade, so with that equipped you probably won't be hit. If your brave is 97 (which it always should be), then Blade Grasp renders physical attacks absolutely worthless. Thus, with Blade Grasp as a counter move, HP doesn't matter because you're never hit (Blade Grasp should generally be used in conjunction with an Aegis Shield which has 50% magical evade, or low Faith for magical cover).

So, given that HP isn't all it's cracked up to be, you should equip your Ninja with a Power Sleeve which gives 70 HP, but more importantly 2 PA which thus ups its damage that much more.

Also Weapon, your team could be vastly improved with some variety. If Ramza is a Squire, try using Draw Out (Samurai) as a seconday skill. It's got a great healing move (Murasame) and some great offensive power as well. And if you insist on all physical characters like Knights and Lancers, try having two of them double up as a monk as well (it would be best to give the support skill Martial Arts to improve the damage given by their Monk skills) so they can use Chakra and Revive to heal as well as have more offensive moves like Wave Fist and Earth Slash instead of just Hi-Potions or whatever you're using now.

Date:   Apr 08, 07 at 7:11pm (PST)
I'll give that a try. See genereally, I use Beowulf, Ramza, Reis, Orlandu, and some random. I generally have more variety, I just wanted to try a simple team for a play through.

I'll try the change. I already have the Monk unlocked for all of them for Counter and Hamedo so the change would be easy.

Author:   UltimatehunterX
Date:   Apr 09, 07 at 3:22pm (PST)
I can't believe you guys are still on this subject!!!! There are no perfect team!!!! (again unless you're using gameshark) There are to many factors that decide it....The field!!! The position!!!! Water...Lava....Luck!!! and others....

When I told Shadow Rue to add a chemist to his Worker 8 team I still saw flaws in that team. The same with a lot of your ideas... Heck! Even the ALL Situation team i'm running has its own flaws. The point of this game is to manage to survive with them.

ShadowRue's team may not seem appealing to most of you, but it still beats the game right??? (except for some rescue missions) I'm 100% sure that whatever legit team you come up with it can be beaten.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.