Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Which Job you put in Ramza?? - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t78366-which-job-you-put-in-ramza/6.htm

Author:   Angelic Knight
Date:   Apr 16, 04 at 12:49am (PST)
Subject:   re: Which Job you put in Ramza??
-------------------------------------------
lol I made meet the requirments for Samurai was a bit disapoited, but when I turned my black mage to samurai it had godly attacks(his skills not melee). So I turned Ramza to Squire didn't bother to get ultima sence ramza's mp wouldn't be enogh to use Ultima multiple times. So toward the last level I made him a monk so at the 99 he had max HP and his attack was rally high so I made him a Samurai And he was doing good enogh damage without the skills.

Author:   DarkRue_Cloud
Date:   Apr 16, 04 at 1:22am (PST)
Ramza is quite usefull when he learnes Ultima. For example he can kill enemies that are about to die that you noemally can't reach. Though Ultima does take long and use a lot of MP, it doesn't cost that much.

Author:   Gold_knight_blazer
Date:   Apr 16, 04 at 3:01am (PST)
quote DarkRue_Cloud
use a lot of MP, it doesn't cost that much.
What? That statement was contradicting within itself... Anyways, Ultima doesn't cost a lot of Mp. My Ramza as a Squire can use it 16 times at least. It only costs 10 Mp...

I normally make Ramza a normal Squire with Draw Out, but I am currently replaying the game and this time have decided he will be a Summoner(due to his Squires high Mp and Magic).

Author:   DarkRue_Cloud
Date:   Apr 16, 04 at 3:15am (PST)
quote Gold_knight_blazer
quote DarkRue_Cloud
use a lot of MP, it doesn't cost that much.
What? That statement was contradicting within itself... Anyways, Ultima doesn't cost a lot of Mp. My Ramza as a Squire can use it 16 times at least. It only costs 10 Mp...

I normally make Ramza a normal Squire with Draw Out, but I am currently replaying the game and this time have decided he will be a Summoner(due to his Squires high Mp and Magic).
Ok... let me explain, Ultima uses at least 12 mp which is alot to someone with little MP or level. and I said it doesn't cost that much, for me that is, because my Ramza probubly has more then 300Mp.

Anyways maybe I just write thing not so clearly all the time, I write stuff. Well I did that on purpose but I know Ultima doesn't cost that much but for some reason My Ramza can only use it about 10 times, maybe my Mp isn't 300 but around there. 200 more or less...

Im not contridicting myself, people just can't understand the way I speak because Im Asian (no offense) Asian people don't have good verbal skills.

I think Draw out is ok, but Id rather use the "Jump" Skill it allows for more range and Damage.

Author:   Ryu-X
Date:   Apr 16, 04 at 3:21am (PST)
I usually make Ramza a Squire with either Steal or Talk as a secondary ability. Ramza as a Squire kicks butt - he can equip both armor and light clothing, and use Scream and Ultima. Talk enables me to "pump up" my characters' stats and enslave any interesting enemies that come my way. Turning people into chickeens is also fun. And Steal is self-explanatory.

Blade Grasp, Two Swords and Move+3 are also a must. But if you ask me, Two Hands is just as good, especially if you make Ramza a lancer - with the Dragon Whisker and Two Hands he can do some insane damage ( In the fight where Wiegraf turns into a Lucavi, I killed his human form with one hit from the Whisker, though I'm sure that's not too remarkable). And in some places Ignore Height is simply essential.

I don't usually make Ramza a mage because I fear his hit points will end up too low. One of my friends once made him a Monk with Summon skill that teleported around and used Auto-Potion. I don't think that worked too well.

Author:   Crux
Date:   Apr 16, 04 at 7:31am (PST)
I agree that moving around high and low is great, however, Teleport ignores height as well. The theory isn't flawless, I'm sure you've seen Teleport fail often if you try to go further than, say, ten tiles or so. Height does calculate into Teleport as well; you may be able to teleport twelve tiles ahead of you, then fail to teleport to a spot six tiles to your left if the height is too steep. On the other hand, if we're talking insane heights (fifteen levels height-difference or so), the character with Ignore Height may be able to go where the character with Teleport cannot.

Author:   Kite0066
Date:   Apr 16, 04 at 11:57am (PST)
Right, teleport is only so useful, and since we are on the subject of Ultima, can someone tell me how to get it? My Ramza always gets hit with Ultima multiple times, and he does not get it, do I need to equip a certain skill? It's gotten to the point where I don't care anymore and just give up

Author:   Crux
Date:   Apr 16, 04 at 7:44pm (PST)
If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to have Ramza in the Squire-class while trying to learn Ultima.

Author:   Kite0066
Date:   Apr 19, 04 at 1:01am (PST)
I know that much, but for some reason when he gets hit with it it s not clicking with him or something. I don't know ill keep trying and get back to ya on it

Author:   Cloud87
Date:   Apr 19, 04 at 2:48pm (PST)
I was obseessed with getting cloud and got some real hazy details on how to pull it off. My first run through i let that gunner kid, mustadio, die.....during that play ramza was mainly a monk....i had two of them, the other was zell. I got tired of the repititios attacks and for the second run through...in which i succesfully got cloud i had cloud be a samurai as earliy as i could get him there.

Author:   Jirachi
Date:   Apr 19, 04 at 4:15pm (PST)
personally, I put him in the squire class and had his second ability as a calculator, which is extremely powerful. I put his > reaction as blade grasp and put his faith down to 0. Making offensive magical attacks 100% evasion, and with blade grasp -- having a 100% chance of evading swords, katanas, etc. It's awesome!!

Author:   Miluda
Date:   Apr 20, 04 at 12:08am (PST)
quote Jirachi
personally, I put him in the squire class and had his second ability as a calculator, which is extremely powerful. I put his > reaction as blade grasp and put his faith down to 0. Making offensive magical attacks 100% evasion, and with blade grasp -- having a 100% chance of evading swords, katanas, etc. It's awesome!!
A few questions,
a) why would you put ramza's job as a squire?

b) What job does blade-grasp come from, and does it guarantee 100% evasion on all blades?

c) Why the heck would you put a calculator as a second ability, what use is it?

d) Is it even possible to have 0 faith, even then doesn't it decrease magic resistance and attacks?

Call me crazy, but I just started playing, and if what Jirachi says is true, that would make ramza godlike, no?

Author:   lady_lede
Date:   Apr 20, 04 at 1:49am (PST)
Ramza's squire class allows him to equip heavy armour and knight swords, while benifiting from the HP bonus the Squire possess

Samurai's possess the Blade Grasp skill, it gives evasion from all physicall attacks according to your Brave, you cant have higher Brave than 97 permanently so the highest evasion you can possess is 97%

Calculator's Math Skill ability grants the use of all magical abilities excluding Summon. Depending on your luck, you are able to target monsters from far distances, the magic has no charge time, and costs no MP

From memory all magical damage will be reduced to zero, your magical attack deals no damage but you are granted protection from all status's

Lastly, i see no problem with Ramza being godlike....do you?

Author:   holyknight2004
Date:   Apr 20, 04 at 3:34am (PST)
ok I'm lost, so I'll just say what Ramza has on mine:

job> Squire

Guts
Throw
Counter (going to change it to Hamedo in a sec)
Double Blade -excalibur and ragnarok-
Move +1 (about to give him move +3)

Author:   Iscariot
Date:   Apr 20, 04 at 5:01am (PST)
§ · Wow, Miluda, you've gotta be kidding me; Ramza's Squire class is incredible! Not only is he able to equip everything from clothing, to armor, knives to Knight Swords, but his stat growth is pretty decent and with skills like "Scream" and "Ultima", he's a force to be reckoned with.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.