Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Which Job you put in Ramza?? - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t78366-which-job-you-put-in-ramza/14.htm

Author:   Shadow Rue
Date:   Oct 15, 06 at 3:28am (PST)
Subject:   re: Which Job you put in Ramza??
-------------------------------------------
quote lady_lede
Yes but, correct me if im wrong...this is a secondary ability for Ramza. Not your entire party ^^

"Item" is a waste of time on Ramza, he will benifit more as an attacker than as a watered down healer. As will allies around him since Chakra heals on a cross pattern radius as opposed to a single character like the Item skills. Chakra is also a free heal for both MP/HP and doesnt hurt Undead allies or those under the effect of Zombie. It also will give you decent JP when used, even if you dont heal anything ^^.

Undead are not everywhere in the game so having the slot for "Item" is usually quite pointless. Using an item will take up an extra turn allowing the enemy to not only get closer to your troops, but also they will have an extra chance to attack, assign spells etc.

Phoenix Downs may indeed work everytime, (though they are ment to have a small rate of faliure) but will the resurrect skills if you take the time to prepare your characters beforehand. Raise and Raise 2 will work better depending on your target's Faith, you also get Protection spells like Wall which Items will not offer you.

"Item" without the use of the Throw Item skill will also leave your character vunerable to being swarmed due to the poor range. This will lead to a character being singled out by the AI and destroyed.
Ok, my personal goal for Ramza is to train him 100% in every class. I still felt obligated to do it.

Item is never a waste. It keeps you alive and your allies alive. That's NEVER a waste. And like I said, it turns Ramza into a valuable offensive against the undead. Chakra won't replenish more than an X-potion.

Undead aren't everywhere, but they do turn up in a LOT of places. And an insta-kill ala Phoenix Down does make those battles much more bearable.

Phoenix Downs DO work EVERY time. It's a fact. Items would have to! They're items! If they didn't, there wouldn't be a point to them!

Having characters without throw item still makes them valuable. It means characters will have to stick together, resulting in an overall more powerful offensive front, and defensive, if the second character also has item.

Author:   Ramza_Master_44
Date:   Jun 08, 10 at 4:02pm (PST)
Best setup.
Main class-Squire
Secondary-Math Skill
Reaction-Blade Grasp
Support-Two Swords
Movement-Teleport

Weapons-Excailabor, Choas Balde
Helmet-Reflection
Armor-Maximillion
Assecerory-Genji

BRAVE MUST BE AT 97!

Everyone else doesn't even matter, its easy after that! I stole all of Elmdor's gear without a problem, first try! i prefer to have Orlandu, Agris, Ramza, Cloud, and a generic priest who mastered time mage with half MP. Beowulf sucks to me! He's only good to "chicken" Elmdor to steal his gear. If your a person how likes to train your party then i would say. Make Orlandu, Agris, and clound learn balde grasp, two swords and move +3. A friend of mine doesn't use anyone special person, he uses his party and this is his set up. Ramza, S.O.S. 1) male monk master theif, 2) male kinght master lancer 3) male samirui master geomancer 4) female summoner master dancer with half MP and critical quick.

Author:   rav3n
Date:   Jul 23, 10 at 3:35pm (PST)
Samurai with 2 swords ability + Throw + auto-potion + (move+2) and Counter.

Author:   gabrielfb96
Date:   Sep 01, 10 at 5:30pm (PST)
somebody help me
my ramza have chemist and squire on lvl 8 and i can't can open onion knight
(errors sorry my english is one shit)

Author:   gabrielfb96
Date:   Sep 01, 10 at 5:41pm (PST)
how i want to make to have math skills?

Author:   Calculator
Date:   Mar 03, 11 at 1:34am (PST)
Calculator is definitely not a sucky class. In the Grog hill map you can sometimes encounter a party of 11 monks. I find this battle to be the hardest encounter in the game as they are very high level and out number you by twice as much and usually even with good characters give me a tough fight. With a Ramza as a calculator I was able to obliterate the entire party of monks in ONE turn. How is that bad? Again...Ramza got the first turn out of the battle and I killed the entire party in one move. Whoever thinks calculators suck just doesn't know how to use them.

Author:   lbreenguest
Date:   Mar 21, 11 at 4:18pm (PST)
I like to make Ramza a Dark Knight/Squire with Two Swords, Blade Grasp, and Move +2/3

Author:   OdinRapes
Date:   May 17, 11 at 3:48am (PST)
I recently attempted to make Ramza more of a "hybrid" I guess you could say. He's a squire that also uses Magic. I have Summoner mastered for the second ability. Of course I had to put a robe as his body armor, but it works out ^^. I had my doubts at first but he owns everybody's shit. Period.

Ability Line up:

Guts
Summon Magic
Blade Grasp
Half of MP
Teleport

You want none of this. None.

Author:   TimeNinja
Date:   Jun 01, 11 at 2:31pm (PST)
I use several abilities for Ramza.

Ramza Beoulve, Super-Squire:

Action1: Guts (w/ Ultima)
Actions2: Math Skill*
Reaction: Blade Grasp / Counter (Depending on def. or off. strategy)
Support: Two Swords / Magic Attack Up / Gained JP Up (while leveling)
Movement: Move +3 / Teleport / Move - JP Up (while leveling)

*All calculable spells known.

Author:   hipocrito
Date:   Jun 05, 11 at 2:47pm (PST)
squire really is the best job for Ramza

Guts
Math Skill
Blade Grasp/auto-potion
Two Swords
Teleport

Weapon-Excalibur,Chaos Blade
Helmet-Thief Hat(w/spd+2 u will always be the 1st to move and cancels dont move and dont act)
Armor-Maximillion
Accessory-Gauntlets/Genji

Author:   Edien
Date:   Feb 05, 12 at 9:02am (PST)
a knight with jump ability, two swords and blade grasp...

Author:   Bladegrasplvr34
Date:   Jan 30, 13 at 7:28pm (PST)
Everyone that I read is an idiot. Specifcally for ramza, if not ALL physical attackers, blade grasp is the best re-act skill. When everyone has 0.5% chance of hitting you, theres nothing left but to waste away on them. Two swords obviously as a monk or knight, with the second skillset the obverse. I like teleport for movement, but im ballsy as well, so thats more opinion. But point being, BLADE GRASP.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.