Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Which Job you put in Ramza?? - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t78366-which-job-you-put-in-ramza/11.htm

Author:   Gamexpert
Date:   Jun 28, 06 at 6:38am (PST)
Subject:   re: Which Job you put in Ramza??
-------------------------------------------
...Eh?

Yes...Ramza is a Squire...Or, he starts out as one.

Isn't he supposed to be a "Special" Squire of some sorts? I forget, but does he have other abilities known only to him?

Oh, how I wish I could play this again. >> I've forgotten everything

Author:   Agua
Date:   Jun 28, 06 at 3:22pm (PST)
He has Wish, Cheer Up, Scream (Awesome), and Ultima.
Plus he can equip other things the other squires can't

Date:   Jun 28, 06 at 7:13pm (PST)
Oh Yah...Thanks for...er...jogging up my memory.

I used wish a lot during the beginning of the game. It proved helpful...Being the conservatist I am...I don't like using things that have limited uses. >>

What about Delita and...GR, what was his name?!?!? That one who also joins you during the first chapter...

But then betrays you later?
Blonde Hair...Blue overralls. I forget him. >>

Author:   thesleepingdragon
Date:   Jun 29, 06 at 10:56pm (PST)
...i was odd and made him a bard...my friend said it be funny to, so i did and just left him.

Date:   Jun 30, 06 at 4:27am (PST)
Ramza the Bard...

*Thinks*

*Pause*

xD

It seems as if we all have Ramza as a physical class. I've tried making him a mime...I really did. It just got so hard. >>

Has anyone actually obtained the mime class?

I really wish I did

Date:   Jun 30, 06 at 2:37pm (PST)
To become a mime you need level 8 squire and chemist and level 4 Geomancer lancer summoner and mediator.

But Ramza the only one who can use those abilities so I just exploit them. Get my characters brave up except rafa since she finds me items. My way of thinking is that if their special job classes that only that character can have, let him be it.

Date:   Jun 30, 06 at 9:20pm (PST)
That's true.

I remember when we obtained Princess...Who was it, Ovelia? When we got her and she had the Princess job I was like "OMG PRINCESS jOB!!! xDD"

I mastered it all too quickly.

After you master Ramza's Squire (I'd think same goes with Delita), Then just move 'em up.

We have him physical for he starts off physical, and that's where his jo oppurunities lie.

Makes sense

Author:   Zero and X
Date:   Jul 01, 06 at 2:50am (PST)
Well the thing about Ramza is he can be anything since his stats are so god damn balanced.

Author:   GuardianReaver
Date:   Jul 02, 06 at 4:36pm (PST)
He has all the stats of a male character with the added bonus of a female for magic and MP. He can wear female ribbons too. So as far as equipment and stats he is about the best in the game.

His actual 'Squire' skills aren't as good as T.G. Cid's all sword skills, but are good skills to have in order to progress the game. He can also make a very nast mage warrior hybrid using calculator skills. tbh any character can do this and just his unique 'squire' ablities help him to slightly stand out in his cool sprites.

Author:   KrisThreat
Date:   Sep 15, 06 at 12:24pm (PST)
OK...I guess this topic is old but I'm here to let anyone who still cares know a little secret that can make Orlandu look weak. This works with any character but I use Ramza. And for purposes of this thread you should too.

This works with two different Job classes so its your preference.

Learn either Martial Arts from the monk class or two swords from the Ninja class. If you choose to make Ramza a ninja throw Martial Arts on him...leave him with bare fists. Martial Arts will give the Ninja the Monk special edge with the fist and since the Ninja has a natural ability to use two-swords he will attack twice doings major damage

The other way is just the opposite. Make Ramza a monk and give him two swords...Monks have major power behind their punch...but can only attack once...giving him the Ninjas two sword allows him to punch twice doing major damage.

With this combo I've had Ramza do 999 damage twice in a row...that more damage then you'll ever need to make to anyone in the game.

In my opinion however the Calculator is the best class...you just have to get used to its wierd method of hitting targets. With one of my characters as a calculator I ended a battle with 11 enemies in my first turn.

Date:   Sep 15, 06 at 10:40pm (PST)
I'd hate to break it to you, but the Two-Sword Monk is already widely known (or I hope it is) for its pwnage.

I don't know why Ramza suited Lancer somuch to me. Hmph

Author:   Shadow Rue
Date:   Sep 16, 06 at 12:15pm (PST)
Calculators suck ass. In every battle I've ever had them in, they got wasted before their turn ever came. Their stats are awful and they're slower than cold shit going uphill.

Anywho.

I'm training my Ramza in all sorts of different classes. I've maxed him out as a Chemist, Knight, Monk, Thief, Geomancer, Ninja, and Bard.

I've got to say, he works best as a Squire.

Date:   Sep 16, 06 at 2:52pm (PST)
Calculator is a godly skill but a creppy job. It goes best with Summoner/Wizards that have the faith rod.

Date:   Sep 17, 06 at 12:03am (PST)
Yeah...Even with every speed enhancement I gave my calculuators, they were bloody slow.

But Calculator saved my life once.

I had Agrias a calculator skill and used Holy (I forget what job she was in...). Killed Velius.

And Velius...Oh I hated him with a Passion.

Author:   Shadow Rue
Date:   Sep 17, 06 at 2:53am (PST)
Calculators are like Samurais. They sound great in theory. Then you get them, and they suck.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.