Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Which Job you put in Ramza?? - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t78366-which-job-you-put-in-ramza/10.htm

Author:   Nubbin
Date:   Dec 14, 05 at 4:57pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Which Job you put in Ramza??
-------------------------------------------
Ugh..armor? what is wrong with you people? armor is by in large a waste of an armor slot. sure they give a lot of HP, but there are more efficient ways to prevent death than simply boosting your HP, low faith, high evasion, MP Switch, there's tons that are better.. Clothes are much better. they not only boost MP but they often give other stat bonuses like PA +2.

...He's even MORE effective if you use the Move-Find ability to find the MEGA spear that's on top of one of the pedestals during the battle with Worker 7. With that weapon, he can do 600+ damage with a jump attack and 400+ with just a regular attack. And this was with him at a normal level...I never uber-level-up my characters. Plus since most enemies go after the leader, I figured he needed high HP and armor. Seems fitting for the leader if you ask me.
A.) Chaos Blade has a much higher WP than the Javelin 2, so any damage ramza can do as a lancer with the Javelin 2 will be much higher with him as a squire and a Chaos Blade. and you can add an Excalibur with two swords for complete overkill.

B.) Levels mean almost nothing in this game, equipment and ability setups are about 1/2 of what decides your victory.

C.) I've never, in all my years seen the AIfocus on killing Ramza. they go after the nearest unit with the owest HP, so if they're constantly going after Ramza that should tell you something about how your setup is.

I always make Ramza a Monk, and this is what he has

Martial Arts
Jump
Counter
Equip Armor
Ignore Height

plus make his brave as high as possible and his faith as low as possible, TRUST ME IT DOES WONDERS!

Oh...and also they're strength is unlimited since they dont equip weapons so they can hit higher than even orlandu if you work hard enough
Again, Ninjas work better because they have a better move, jump, and they can wear hats. Jump is muc less effective if you don't have a spear equipped. counter is good, probably the best part of your entire set up. equip armor is a waste. period. even without hats monks can still equip power sleeves, which is a much better use of a slot than any armor. ignore height isn't too bad, but only if you have the arting to make good use of it...which a ninja has.

Author:   lady_lede
Date:   Dec 17, 05 at 10:08am (PST)
You make some good points, but really this game can be played either way. I myself dont like the Ninja class, they have one useful ability (Two Sword), other than that i found them to be quite worthless ><"

As for the other person's set up, i think it has quite a few advantages over a ninja. Since from memory they have quite poor health, compared to the lasting power of the Monk a Ninja wont last the distance. Despite the fact you may attack with two weapons, you cant forget that they may counter your first attack, which in most cases will spell instant death for the Ninja, in the off chance you escape without being countered, a Monk's high HP will allow them to Chakra (thats all the really need to do) then allow you to try again until you finally meet your end. Secondly the Monk skillset is far more useful than *shudder* Throw....Death Sentence is a Ninja's bane since their high speed is used against them. Also, long ranged attacks such as Wave Fist and Earth Slash come in handy when dealing with a Monk's not so good movement.

Personally, once i had mastered specific skills, my Ramza never moved from the Squire class. At the end of the game this was his ability set.

Guts
Jump
Blade Grasp
Two Swords
Move +3

And that all i needed. I didnt really like the super powered strength of the Chaos Blade, so i rarely used it ^^" Instead he was equipped with Excaliber and Ragnarok.

Author:   Nubbin
Date:   Dec 21, 05 at 11:41pm (PST)
You make some good points, but really this game can be played either way. I myself dont like the Ninja class, they have one useful ability (Two Sword), other than that i found them to be quite worthless ><
The game can be played many ways, but that doesn't mean there aren't good setups and bad setups. a ninja's graetness doesn't come from just two swords, it comes from two swords, their high move/jump, high evasion, and the highest natural speed in the game.

As for the other person's set up, i think it has quite a few advantages over a ninja. Since from memory they have quite poor health, compared to the lasting power of the Monk a Ninja wont last the distance.
Comparison between lvl 99 Ramza (leveled as a squire)
Monk: HP: ~386/MP: ~108/PA: 18/MA: 11/SP: 13
Ninja: HP: ~200/MP: ~67/PA: 17/MA: 11/SP: 14

Monks have more HP, but can't wear hats, so they lose some great stat bonuses. MP is rather unimportant to both, Ninjas can get a better PA bonus with hats and attack twice, MA doesn't count for much, and ninjas are faster than monks. they also have better move, jump, and evasion on their side. Monks may have more HP, but less HP is hardly an inhibitor for a Ninja.

Despite the fact you may attack with two weapons, you cant forget that they may counter your first attack, which in most cases will spell instant death for the Ninja
the same thing can be said about so many classes that it's not really much of a point. any class can have their attacks countered. and ther's plenty of classes that are allergic to physical attacks.

in the off chance you escape without being countered, a Monk's high HP will allow them to Chakra (thats all the really need to do) then allow you to try again until you finally meet your end.

Abandon+Mantle can let you avoid the counter attack in the first place, and there's a good chance it would remove the need to chakara. evasion > HP

Secondly the Monk skillset is far more useful than *shudder* Throw
sounds like somebody has never gone around a map throwing chaos blades at enemies. but anyway, throw really isn't the best of skill sets, but you can always set a useful ability to the secondary.

....Death Sentence is a Ninja's bane since their high speed is used against them. Also, long ranged attacks such as Wave Fist and Earth Slash come in handy when dealing with a Monk's not so good movement.
High speed is a draw back in one or two situations, whereas low speed is a draw back in almost every situation. high speed > low speed

Author:   lady_lede
Date:   Dec 22, 05 at 12:13pm (PST)
Yes a lack of speed can be a drawback. But thats only if there is a massive gap between speeds. You're not going to be picking up very many double turns unless your speed is significantly higher ^^" I do agree that a Monk misses out on many advantages with their lack of being able to equip hats etc. But that in turn doesnt mean they are any less useful than a Ninja, they do pick up alot of bonuses from leveling as opposed to a ninja, so you're facts may not be entirely useful. It would be better to have some stats comparing Pure Leveled: Monk Ramza vs Pure Leveled: Ninja Ramza, that way we would be able to see the true effect of leveling, and be able to compare results better.

As i said earlier, i really disliked the ultimate strength of the Chaos blade, so no, i didnt go around the field throwing them >_>"
Then again, i didnt need to, since i could kill most enemies with a single blow xD

Author:   FFTforever
Date:   Jan 13, 06 at 1:14am (PST)
I like having Ramza as a Monk as well. He would have abilties for every single situation. Giving him Two Swords would make him do more damage than a Ninja.

Author:   Freman
Date:   Feb 01, 06 at 3:49am (PST)
Does Martial Arts stack with the two swords your ninja is carrying?

Date:   Feb 08, 06 at 1:53am (PST)
Well at the moment my Ramza is:

Monk
Guts
Blade Grasp
Equip Armour (I'll change it for something else (double sword?) later but at the moment I don't have any special equipment)
Teleport

Author:   Psychedelic_Violence
Date:   Feb 09, 06 at 6:58pm (PST)
Here's what my Ramza is..

Job: Squire
Brave: 97
Faith: 97

Right Hand ~ Excalibur
Left Hand ~ Chaos Blade
Helmet ~ Thief Hat
Armor ~ Power Sleeve
Accessory ~ Bracer

Primary Ability ~ Guts
Secondary Ability ~ Throw
Reaction ~ Blade Grasp
Support ~ Two Swords
Movement ~ Move + 3

Basically a quick killing machine. The Excalibur and Thief Hat provide plenty of speed, while the Bracer and Chaos Blade provide tremendous power. Move + 3 makes Ramza like a jeep, he can get anywhere. Blade Grasp provides some protection, and he has Guts' variety. With Move + 3, high
speed Ramza can utilize Throw very well.

Author:   El Bastarde
Date:   Feb 17, 06 at 1:21pm (PST)
Personally, I liked Dragoon Ramza. For one, the high armor and HP stat makes him a tank that you can send to the front lines without worrying about him getting demolished (a problem with ninjas...they can get there first but all the enemies team up to destroy them so you have to be careful). (Also, I equipped every character with those coats that reduced Magic damage by 80% or whatever). I would always get Ignore Height for EVERY character, not just Ramza so that helps to get at enemies in out reach places and the Jump attack, when fully equipped, can nail people at a VERY far range. I learned the additional Squire skills like Ultima and never did much good.

Stevo

Author:   Torchic5
Date:   Feb 18, 06 at 4:22am (PST)
Well I generaly go like this... Chapter 1 get him to ninja. Chapter 2 master two swords and change into a knight then after mastering knight change to squier. for 3 and 4 I just stay with that and if I get stuck I make ramza a Chemist for auto potion. Also, if you make him a monk with two swords his hits become almost unmatched. But you lack the stats from wearing hats. I also make sure to give him along with all my phys characters bracers asap.

Date:   Feb 18, 06 at 5:24pm (PST)
Well now my Ramza is a Ninja.

Brave Faith 97/03

Throw
Guts
Blade Grasp
Martial Arts or Secret Hunt (SH for random battles)
Teleport or Move +3

No weapons (does much more damage without them)
Thief Hat
Black Costume
Bracer (switching to N'Kai when I need to avoid Charm)

Author:   Cloud XIII Chaos
Date:   Feb 28, 06 at 4:47am (PST)
when i 1st played the game i put him as a lancer

Author:   finkellll
Date:   Mar 27, 06 at 2:30pm (PST)
yea a ramza that can have horizontal and vertical jump 8 is much more useful than 1 that can run up and kill somthing, that is what we have TCG for...

Author:   Gamexpert
Date:   Jun 27, 06 at 6:13am (PST)
This is odd.

I felt making my Ramza a Lancer was unique.

Gr...Should've went for Bard Ramza instead. XD

I started mine out a Squire for a...good amount of time (long too. =P). Then I aimed for Monk...Which he was pretty good at. Then I aimed for ninja for Two Swords...What I was thinking of putting on Monk Ramza

Oddly enough I went to Dragoon and mastered it (At the time...Mastering classes was...Pfft for me).

Also, at the time I was...How you say "n00bish" enough to put Two Swords on Lancer Ramza.

Not the greatest idea

>>

But yeah...I had mine Lancer and Monk mainly. =)

Author:   Agua
Date:   Jun 27, 06 at 3:00pm (PST)
Ramza is a squire, cus he's special

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.