Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: For all those who hate Rafa and Malak - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t763949-for-all-those-who-hate-rafa-malak/5.htm

Author:   Shadow Rue
Date:   Nov 25, 06 at 3:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: For all those who hate Rafa and Malak
-------------------------------------------
I could. EASILY.

Author:   Ragnarok352
Date:   Nov 25, 06 at 3:38pm (PST)
I bet u could lol , but isnt a heaven/hell ninja even cool sounding to you?

Author:   Fourthbracelet
Date:   Apr 05, 12 at 2:43pm (PST)
They can be useful but it is good to have a secondary skill and only use heaven/hell skills when they can shine. Someone said that their damage is based on faith, un-truth is based on magic attack and the inverse of faith which makes malak more powerful against enemies w/ low faith and with low faith himself (more on that later). Truth is simply the product of magic attack and a constant multiplier of the specific truth skill, faith is not a factor. Because of this, Rafa's truth skills are a good backup to normal magic when the opponent has low faith (they also take no MP) and Malak's un-truth can do even more damage than truth against enemies with extremely low faith or the faith stat. For un-truth Faith*, not innocent, is taken as 0 faith. Because of this I give him the faith rod, so his faith for un-truth purposes is always 0 and it can also give opponents faith by striking them, although I prefer just casting faith because it is more reliable. Because of faith he also then has a leg up with traditional magic which I like to use as his other skill, especially since un-truth is dependent on MA as well as faith, so I like to give him a magic using job to boost MA. You can make him a hell knight and give him math skill, but I prefer to make him a summoner with un-truth because I like to give him the 108 gems accessory which strengthens all the elements used in un-truth and summoning. Rafa is good in any job with high MA and I like to have regular magic to use generally and use truth when it is an advantage. My personal preference is to make her an oracle because she can use a stick and I don't have another oracle.

Author:   MReiner
Date:   Jun 07, 12 at 1:27pm (PST)
They both have interesting backgrounds and a skillset that, while not "powerful," is certainly unique. I always hang on to them so I don't have to use the generic sprites.

Their skillset is a great secondary skillset, and can even be good as a primary skillset. The only exception would be if you're going for the strongest team setup. I guess what I'm trying to say is Rafa and Malak are occasionally useful, but mostly for flavor.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.