Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: For all those who hate Rafa and Malak - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t763949-for-all-those-who-hate-rafa-malak/

Author:   am3930
Date:   Oct 08, 06 at 6:55pm (PST)
Subject:   For all those who hate Rafa and Malak
-------------------------------------------
You guys do realize you can change their class don't you?
They don't really even have bad specials if you know how to use them. The odds arn't 1/5 of a hit, but (the number of panels covered)/(the number of enemies).Target someone in the open 20%. Target someone standing beside someone 40% Target someone beside the edge of the map 25%. Use them at the right time and the right place and your opponent is screwed.

They are not the best charicter, but it saddens me to see them put down so much just because people don't know how to use them.

Author:   Zero and X
Date:   Oct 08, 06 at 7:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: For all those who hate Rafa and Malak
If thats the case then you could use a generic character and get the same results. The point of special chacrcter is that they have abilites unaccesible to regular classes, so if their special abilites suck who needs them?

Date:   Oct 08, 06 at 7:46pm (PST)
Special charicters also have special stats.

Their special classes don't suck if you use them at the right times. Priests and Chemests arn't of much use unless you happen to have someone badly hurt or dead. At the least we've confirmed that they're as good as a generic. I do pritty well when I use their specials. The key is to use them at the right times on the right squares. I've hit one person about five times before. It's not that hard.

This message was merged with other messages by Bloodsin (moderator)

Author:   Shadow Rue
Date:   Oct 08, 06 at 11:39pm (PST)
quote am3930
Special charicters also have special stats.

Their special classes don't suck if you use them at the right times. Priests and Chemests arn't of much use unless you happen to have someone badly hurt or dead.
Priests have Holy, protect, and shell.
Chemists have guns, and can plow through undead opponents like a hot knife through butter.

Both of which are better than Rafa and Malak.

Date:   Oct 09, 06 at 2:29am (PST)
Rafa and Malak were never about straight power. The key to using them is to understand the odds. Wait for the right moment and strike. Would you say that they would be good if any given strike had 2/3 odds? I've pulled it easily. They are not that difficult to use and once you figure them out you can really hurt enemies. Geomancers use terain to their advantage. That's the key. Pay attention to effect area and enemy distribution and then strike where it will be most likely to hit someone. The results can be quite devistating especially for Rafa.

Holy, Protect, and Shell are not that good (Extreamly high MP cost) and the gun isn't a big bonus for chemists.

Author:   finkellll
Date:   Oct 09, 06 at 11:14am (PST)
yea but how much damage does each hit do? i could just use cloud's finishing touch and kill them off instead of a bunch of hits...

Author:   lady_lede
Date:   Oct 09, 06 at 12:46pm (PST)
Agreed. With time and patience Rafa and Malak can be useful. Most people though, feel cheated that characters with such awe inspiring job class names turn out to be...well....

Anyway, their damage is based on faith which is quite handy against all types of enemies, unlike that Divine Knight Melidoul? She was only useful against the rare human opponent.

Date:   Oct 09, 06 at 7:54pm (PST)
You just have to stratagise a little.

Date:   Oct 09, 06 at 11:46pm (PST)
Meliadoul is VERY handy against human opponents (well, if you wanna challenge yourself and not use Orlandu, anyway)

More so than Rafa and Malak. Nyah.

Date:   Oct 11, 06 at 8:17pm (PST)
The point isn't to compare. It just sickens me to see people say "Oh, those two suck. I never gave them a chance or used them. It's best just to delete them as soon as you get them."

Date:   Oct 12, 06 at 1:40am (PST)
Oh not with me. I used them. Oh man, did I try to use them. I wanted to make them into fighters worthy of my ranks. I wanted to so bad.

But they just sucked so horribly.

Author:   Stevebeoulve2
Date:   Oct 12, 06 at 3:51am (PST)
Maybe for you, but for other people Rafa and Malak are great characters.

Date:   Oct 13, 06 at 2:26am (PST)
Yeah, and watch my ninjas and knights floor them in a second flat.

Author:   lady_lede
Date:   Oct 13, 06 at 6:19am (PST)
I think mine would give your knights and ninja a run for their money ^^

Author:   Excalibur
Date:   Oct 13, 06 at 7:14am (PST)
€ -

If their powers bothered you guys so much, why didnt you just mediate their Faith and Brave levels

The trick to using their job skills is the topography themselves, if one enemy stumbled upon a single layered panel, nows your chance to use them. The number of times it casts however, is a different story..

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.