Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: WANTED DEAD: Traveling band of monks. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t641340-wanted-dead-traveling-band-of-monks/

Author:   copkilla
Date:   Feb 02, 06 at 5:59pm (PST)
Subject:   WANTED DEAD: Traveling band of monks.
-------------------------------------------
Last seen around Grog Hill.There is a traveling band of about eleven monks around grog hill.Levels are about level 20 to 50.be careful around grog hill.If you kill this menace I will personaly send you 20 dollars.I was level 32 with orlandu and four ninjas with armor and they wiped us out.I didn't kill a single one of them.Kill them and you are a god of FFT.

Author:   newcomer
Date:   Feb 02, 06 at 6:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: WANTED DEAD: Traveling band of monks.
I hate those guys, but they're not as bad as the band of uber-monsters at Bariaus Hill.

A god of FFT? I guess that makes this forum a pantheon of gods.

But then again, I don't think I've ever fought them at 32 yet. I usually overtrain and end up somewhere higher.

Author:   DivineMagic
Date:   Feb 02, 06 at 8:17pm (PST)
I think I fought those things! I don't think they're as difficult as fighting a chocobo army though. A good healer might help things though, but that's just me and how I play.

Date:   Feb 02, 06 at 8:31pm (PST)
Bringing a Mediator is a good idea too. And maybe a couple ninja calculators. Or a Red Chocobo or two if you don't have those.

I actually survived the Chocobo army, and with a full generic party, no less. I should get myself a shirt.

Author:   Stevebeoulve2
Date:   Feb 03, 06 at 12:32am (PST)
quote copkilla
Last seen around Grog Hill.There is a traveling band of about eleven monks around grog hill.Levels are about level 20 to 50.be careful around grog hill.If you kill this menace I will personaly send you 20 dollars.I was level 32 with orlandu and four ninjas with armor and they wiped us out.I didn't kill a single one of them.Kill them and you are a god of FFT.

They're easy.

First equip 4 Ninjas with Float Shoes and have them with Calculator Skills.

Then have someone strong, like Orlandu, with Float Shoes.

Then concentrate on one, just one, and slowly by slowly they will die.

Author:   garmon
Date:   Feb 05, 06 at 8:49am (PST)
you don't need calculator skills or float boots. i killed them the old fashioned way. it was tough of course. it was a while back though. i'm pretty sure ramza was a master monk and a master in at least 1 other job but he had a gun so i guess they don't really count for all that much lol. i can't really remember much about the rest of my characters but i did have 1 ninja.

i remember once, when i first encountered these super battles, i was trying to train my characters and on the easier battles, just 1 character was usually enough to win and then i had ramza against these 11 monks lol. he died obviously lol.

Date:   Feb 07, 06 at 11:29pm (PST)
Bah. Invite the lot, I say! Then take all their stuff and boot em out.

Author:   Freman
Date:   Feb 08, 06 at 1:26am (PST)
Blade Grasp and high brave shoud make their viciousness more manageable.

But then my Monk Ramza and his team of butt kicking monks tends to walk over people just because he's mean.

I'll see how it goes when I get up to them though.

Author:   checkerlose
Date:   Jun 29, 08 at 7:16pm (PST)
quote Freman
Blade Grasp and high brave shoud make their viciousness more manageable.

But then my Monk Ramza and his team of butt kicking monks tends to walk over people just because he's mean.

I'll see how it goes when I get up to them though.
Blade grasp? Last I heard, monks don't use blades...

Author:   Justbeatem@level57
Date:   Dec 26, 08 at 7:27am (PST)
I just beat the living hell out of them. This was the second time I faced them in the last 9 years. The first time I had a "B Squad" team in and hadn't saved in a few battles. I got completely wiped out! Needless to say this time I slaughtered them without any of my characters losing a single hit point! The party was as follows:

Ramza

Guts
Summon Magic
Counter
Two Swords
Move+2

Ninja

Throw
Punch Art
Blade Grasp
Attack Up
Move+3

Samurai

Draw Out
Math Skill (used this to kill 7 of the 11 monks)
Hamedo
Two Swords
Move+3

Ninja (female)

Throw
Steal
Sunken State
Concentrate
Move+2

Lancer

Jump
Elemental
Counter
Defense Up
Move+3

Author:   TimeNinja
Date:   Jun 07, 11 at 3:15am (PST)
These guys just obliterated me, I had in my s2b-dancer mancer, Beowulf, my samurai, my monk, plus my mediator with item/item throw. Not really A-teamers, except for Beo.

It was pretty bad there was like 13 or so. When they get close to you its brutal. They all have black costumes and feather mantles too.

I should never have ran in. If I did it over I would let them back you up and hit them with whatever you can then have good heals in the back, I just had the mediator. I could have approached the thing better, but I played it wrong with that team.

Now, if I had had Ramza, Beo, and Agrias in I would have beaten them badly.

Ninjas are baaadd here, low HP and 'Throw' barely works on any of the monks. You need durability and healing for this match plus making them chase you.

Honestly, if I had Ramza, I would have just Holy-ed them to hell and laughed the whole time.

Author:   TimeNinja
Date:   Jun 09, 11 at 5:14am (PST)
Got my revenge with LVL4HOLY. No contest.

Author:   Kylander
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 11:31am (PST)
really guys. yeah, they killed me a couple of times, but only when I was in intentionally weaker classes and was just job leveling. if you are using your primary classes, it should not be that hard.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.