Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: HOW CAN RAMZA MASTER THE SQUIRE AND SUMMONER JOBS??? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t39259-how-ramza-master-squire-summoner-jobs/

Author:   yurecca
Date:   Dec 26, 01 at 12:13am (PST)
Subject:   HOW CAN RAMZA MASTER THE SQUIRE AND SUMMONER JOBS???
-------------------------------------------
Guys, why Ramza cant master the summoner job? I have completed the list but it shows there is no star yet.

Are there another espers to summon?

This message was edited by yurecca on Jan 03 2002.

Author:   DivineMagic
Date:   Dec 26, 01 at 9:13am (PST)
Subject:   re: HOW CAN RAMZA NOT MASTER THE SUMMONER JOB???
You haven't heard yet? There is a secret summon on the list that usually isn't shown. The legendary ZZodiac summon. You get it in the Deep Dungeon from the boss.

Author:   Oniblade
Date:   Dec 26, 01 at 10:35am (PST)
It's on the last level of of the deep dungeon.You have to fight this really powerfull sorcerer and absorb the zodiac spell with one of your summoners.(They can't die from the spell!)

Author:   Bloodsin
Date:   Dec 26, 01 at 11:58am (PST)
quote Oniblade
It's on the last level of of the deep dungeon.You have to fight this really powerfull sorcerer and absorb the zodiac spell with one of your summoners.(They can't die from the spell!)
Actually it can and will kill or severely weaken just about every character, including Summoners and Lucavi. We are taking close to 700 hp worth of damage from one application.

I am Bloodsin, I am mod here and am glad to see you folks here. Please enjoy yourselves.
So how do you surive it? Well, first you need to be equitped to stop as many abnormal status' as humanly possible. Elidibs (The Optional Lucavi Boss) is also in charge of a bunch apandas whose delight is nailing you with BIO spells. Elidibs himself will cast three main spells:
Poison Frog which does exactly what it sounds like. Midgar Swarm which a like Salamanders big brother and much stronger. Elidibs will cast this if your to close together. For him to cast Zodiac you need to be sort of spread out. If you see him begin to charge a spell that nails just about everyone with one spell, that is it.

Surviving it: You can do this a couple ways. You can use the MP Switch (The Time Mage Reaction ability)
You can also take Beowulf and use Innocent. Or you can use Oracles to make use of their Doubt Faith ability. Continuously lower Ramza's faith. The lower the faith the less damage from magic.

Whoever you want to learn Zodiac must be a Summoner. In this case, Ramza. Once Zodiac strikes a screen should pop up asking you if you want to learn it.

Elidibs has about 2600-2700Hp. The Apandas while magically powerful die fairly easy. The last not is that you will have a guest apanda named Babylos. His abilities actually might have to warrent you putting him to sleep or killing him only to revive him after you'v learned Zodiac. the Babylos' ability Difference will hit Elidibs for 999 hp.

Hope this helps.

Author:   yurecca
Date:   Dec 27, 01 at 11:56pm (PST)
ive got the summoner's last zodiac, but how bout the squire job???? why he cant master it????

This message was edited by yurecca on Jan 03 2002.

Author:   newcomer
Date:   Dec 28, 01 at 8:07am (PST)
That would be Ultima. You get it from Celia or Lede, when you fight them and Elmdor in Limberry castle. But if you've already been to Deep Dungeon, I guess you've already missed it.

Tough. Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God.

Date:   Dec 28, 01 at 2:05pm (PST)
It's the same concept as getting zodiac.When your at Limberry castle you have to absorb the ultima spell and survive it.Trust me it doen't do that much damage so you can get it easy.

Date:   Dec 28, 01 at 2:40pm (PST)
Actually there are three other times you can learn Ultima.

Obviously the first chance is the battle with Celia and Lede on the roof of Riovanes Castle. This battle is highly constrained timewise so it is not likely. But it is possible.

The second chance is outside outside of Limberry Castle. They actually don't like to cast it here often.

After that there is the battle with Marquis Elmdor, and Celia and Lede. They can and might cast it here. Especially if you kill the assassin's human form and make them appear as as the demons they are.

The next opportunity would be in the battle against Zalbag in the Mausoleum of St. Murond Chapel. Your contenting with the Blood Sucking version of Zalbag. You also face I Ultima Demon and 2 Archaic demons.

The final chance is in the final battle with in the Graveyard of Airships where Bloody angel will appear with Ultima Demons. Theoretically, Even Alma can learn it is this battle as she is Ramza's sister although I have never done this. Square does acknowledge it to be so.

So, in short, if there is an Ultima Demon, there is a chance to learn it if you can survive it. They usually only cast this if they have a chance to kill you with it. So get targeted when you all but dead then heal yoursewlf immediatly while it is charging. Then it won't kill you and Ramza will learn it.

Date:   Dec 28, 01 at 5:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: HOW CAN RAMZA MASTER THE SQUIRE AND SUMMONER JOBS???
I thought you could only learn it from Celia or Lede.

Date:   Dec 28, 01 at 6:51pm (PST)
Yeah, so did I. By the way, it makes learning Ultima a LOT easier if you confuse them.

Date:   Dec 29, 01 at 11:55am (PST)
How can they attack you if they not even sure who to attack?It would be fun to watch them hit themselves with stop braclet and die,though.

Date:   Dec 29, 01 at 12:18pm (PST)
quote Oniblade
I thought you could only learn it from Celia or Lede.
Nope. You can actually learn it from any Ultima Demon willing to throw it at you. So essentially, as long as it has a chance to kill you, Ultima can be used. Many folks aggree that the best time to do this is during the fight with Elmdor and the two assassins within Limberry Castle. If your a masochist like me, get it outside with the Apanda and the assassins.

This message was edited by Bloodsin on Dec 30 2001.

Date:   Dec 29, 01 at 3:03pm (PST)
I think it would be easier to get it from an ultima demon because Celia and Lede will rarly use Ultima.They'll just try to kill,charm,and confuse you.In Limberry Castle Elmdor and his masamune and blood suck make it even harder.

Date:   Dec 30, 01 at 11:07am (PST)
quote Oniblade
How can they attack you if they not even sure who to attack?It would be fun to watch them hit themselves with stop braclet and die,though.
I haven't seen them do that, but I have seen them each hit Elmdor with Ultima and me go "Nooo! Don't kill him yet!" 'cause I had to steal his armor first. (I'd already taken everything else, including his exp.)

Just fixed up the quote

This message was edited by Bloodsin(moderator) on Dec 30 2001.

Date:   Dec 30, 01 at 11:26am (PST)
You should watch there moves a little closer then.If you have seen it they have a move called stop bracelet that instantly kills your characters.They also have an attack that charms your characters.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.