Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Zodiac Monsters - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1098/t25117-zodiac-monsters/

Author:   JM
Date:   Oct 25, 01 at 9:36pm (PST)
Subject:   The Zodiac Monsters
-------------------------------------------
Ok, we all know about the Zodiac bosses right? Well, I was thinking, what if the other stones became Lucavi? After all, Aries turned Wiegraf into Velius and there was Zalera, Adramelk and Hashmalum. Using the imagination here, what do you think the other Zodiac monsters would be. Any ideas??
For instance: Sagittarius (spelling?)
It would be some type of centaur that has long range attacks due to his magic bow.

Author:   Bloodsin
Date:   Oct 26, 01 at 9:19am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Zodiac Monsters
You know, I spent a lot of time thinking about that. It does seem that the Lucavi that comes from a givien stone does indeed take on some of the elements of the Zodiac signs but not in every case either.

Scorpio -> Impure King Queklain
Aries -> Velius the Warlock
Gemini -> The Angel of Death Zelera
Capricorn -> Adramelk The Ghost of Fury
Serpentarius -> Elidibs the Serpentarius
Leo -> Hashmalum the Regulator
Virgo -> Ajora the Bloody Angel

Of these, Queklain, Zelera, and debatably Ajora born no apparent elements of the stone from which they entered this world. That is not to say that it isn't cute that Queklain is the Impure Scorpio King (The Rock has an otherwoldly demonic counterpart it seems??? Ok that is a stretch, but it struck me funny) Zelera is an Angel of Death yet looks like a horsefly in a gasmask. Now Ajora comes from virgo. Thta is probably important and Virgo was supposed to be a maiden, pure and having never know the touch of another. Ajora Looked somewhat pure but when he transformed he looked like a trans-sexual (An object of desire???)

Now the others all bore definite similarities to the stone from where the Lucavi sprung. However, I think we can learn something from Serpentarius. WWhile he looked reptilian, he also summoned Serpentarius. SO That showed the power of the stone was summonable despite the Lucavi having already emerged. What do you think?

Author:   JewelWarrior
Date:   Oct 26, 01 at 11:02am (PST)
I like Zodiac Stones but I do not like their looks.
Wondering who I am...I am CloudStrife's younger sister.

Date:   Oct 26, 01 at 2:08pm (PST)
Welcome to Neoseeker Jewelwarrior. Tell us why you don't like there looks. Short posts as not encouraged and some mods freak over them. So just elaborate. What about their looks don't you like?

Author:   JewelWarrior
Date:   Oct 27, 01 at 5:24am (PST)
For example...Queklain...looks like a Marshmallow guy.
Velius looks like an idiot...
and that ANGEL OF DEATH...looks like the that Bebba Fly in Chrono Cross.

Date:   Oct 27, 01 at 8:06am (PST)
Yes Zelera did look like the Bebbe fly. Some of them don't favor thier zodiac stone symbol. I wonder if they used our zodiac in Japan? I mean we all know their astrolgical sign is based on years and ours on lunar months so? Over there, maybe they used the ram and ox and boar and the like?

Author:   daemon falastur
Date:   Oct 08, 02 at 1:05am (PST)
I've been working on a story where it continues before zalgab's death and there I wrote the names of the others zodiac "braves"

Do you want a cookie?

Who is zalgab?

Author:   Oniblade
Date:   Oct 08, 02 at 1:12am (PST)
I think he means Zalbag Steve.

Hmm,I liked the design of the Zodiac Monsters.They really gave you that boss feeling.Out of all of them,I liked Queklin most.Especially how he opened his stomach to cast Bio/Nightmare.

Author:   oblivion46000
Date:   Oct 08, 02 at 1:45am (PST)
I'll make one up...
Pieces (That's the fish one right?)
Battle Area: Finath River, fight him in Zeltennia Castle, but runs away and later you catch up to him where he transforms into the Pieces Zodiac Monster.
Design: Looks similar to Leviathan, but is green and much smaller and also has very sharp fins and claws. (I'll think of something better to add later)
Abilities:
Silf
Sink (new ability, makes target character sink in Depth, eg. if in Depth 1, sink down to Depth 2, if in Depth 2 you die, and can only be revived if revived by Raise)
Loss
Nightmare
Leviathan
Seal
Frog 2
Dive (Similar to Jump, but dive under water and attack from below, can only be used on characters in water)
Water 1-4(new ability, water elemental magic can be learned by Wizards if you survive)
Movement Abilities:
Cannot Enter Land
Move in water
Move + 1
Reaction Abilities:
Counter
Support:
Magic Up

How's that? Good or bad? It might need some work here and there, but it seems alright to me.

Author:   daemon falastur
Date:   Oct 08, 02 at 3:55am (PST)
I'm sorry for the zalbad thinfg it was a BIG mistake.

Date:   Oct 08, 02 at 4:06am (PST)
Typos are common,don't worry about it.

The idea sounds good oblivion.Though I have one minor suggestion.How about getting rid of Water Ball and instead adding something more devastating,like a well placed Silf?Do what you think is best,it's a great idea non the less.

Author:   Infernal
Date:   Oct 08, 02 at 9:44am (PST)
Perhaps the type of zodiac creature that comes out of the stone reflects the kind of person it possesses. For example the cardinal knowingly surrendered himself to the dark powers of the stone and became the grotesque queklain whilst wiegraf who fought to avenge miluda and (in his own eyes) defeat a corrupted ruling caste became the powerful looking velius.

Date:   Oct 09, 02 at 12:26am (PST)
quote Oniblade
Typos are common,don't worry about it.

The idea sounds good oblivion.Though I have one minor suggestion.How about getting rid of Water Ball and instead adding something more devastating,like a well placed Silf?Do what you think is best,it's a great idea non the less.
Yea, I really only put it there since it was a water element attack. How about giving him Water, Water 2, Water 3, and Water 4? Or something along like that. And I did give him Leviathan, that's his summon like how Velius has Clops, and Adramelk has Bahamut and Odin.

Date:   Oct 09, 02 at 12:37am (PST)
That would be good,but since it's a new move full statistics would have to be placed,such as MP/Speed.

I forget,what Zodiac Stones were missing a Zodiac Monster?

Date:   Oct 09, 02 at 12:40am (PST)
K I'll do the stats later, I'm writing up my short story and I'm stuck on what to name it...

Well I think these are missing:
Libra, Aqaurius, Capricorn, Saggitarrius, Tauros, Cancer, and... I think there are 1 or 2 more, but I can't remember the name...

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.