Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Legend of Dragoon 2 was cancelled - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1093/t1728431-legend-of-dragoon-2-was-cancelled/

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 9:45am (PST)
Subject:   Legend of Dragoon 2 was cancelled
-------------------------------------------
At the same time Legend of Dragoon was announced to be coming to the PSN on May 1st, president of Sony CE Shu Yoshida, also mentioned that Legend of Dragoon 2 had gone into pre-production but was cancelled shortly after. For some unknown reason Sony scrapped the project and decided to stop production on the game and send their team members to other projects.

This is really sad news for the Legend of Dragoon community as this has been a highly anticipated sequel. I was pretty upset when I read the article but then it got me thinking. If the game sells enough in the PSN and a fanbase gets together it might be possible that Sony could pick up the project again or possibly do a remake.

What is everyones thoughts in this?

I still occasionally hear from fans of The Legend of Dragoon, and many want to know if there is a sequel. LOD2 was put into preproduction after I left the Japan Studio, but was eventually cancelled for some unknown reason, and the team members moved on to different projects. Some people still work in the Japan Studio, so we talk about the memories of developing LOD when we see each other at company functions.
source

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 2:06pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Legend of Dragoon 2 was cancelled
I can only think it may of been due to sales of LoD as iirc they weren't happy with the sales. Kind of a shame too because the first game is still a great game and easily my 2nd or 3rd favorite game out there. Hopefully if the game sells well on the PSN, they will think about doing LOD2.

Author:   Ultimaodin
Date:   Apr 12, 12 at 5:26pm (PST)
I always wanted a prequel more into Rose's story to be honest. A sequel would be awesome too but I'd like to know more about Rose

I will definitely be promoting LoD to everyone in hopes of a sequel though as it is still a highly underrated game.

Author:   Celes Leonhart
Date:   Apr 13, 12 at 12:13am (PST)
I don't think it's particularly surprising but I don't think it would even be worth a sequel at this point. Spiritual maybe but not a direct one.

Author:   EpicLoDFan
Date:   May 01, 12 at 7:46pm (PST)
i hope they make LoD2 that would be EPIC i have been an LoD fan since it came out imagine LoD PS3 gfx sweet

Date:   May 01, 12 at 9:33pm (PST)
Hey there EpicLoDFan. I think based on the fans reactions of it coming to the PSN it might be possible for the game to be remade or have a sequel made. We need to show sony that there is a big enough fanbase for it.

Author:   Rondo
Date:   May 02, 12 at 7:34pm (PST)
We should rouse up a rally. Tell everyone to get LoD on the PSN.

Date:   May 02, 12 at 8:45pm (PST)
I'm trying to do that on twitter, Rondo. I am also trying to get people to come to these forums so we can atleast get a decent fanbase going but it's not working.

Author:   prgreeneyes
Date:   May 04, 12 at 9:47pm (PST)
Hello I do not mind a LOD2 but I more into a remix or a prequel because it seem more better to me but I will support a sequel too okay

Author:   jwoods
Date:   May 09, 12 at 4:41pm (PST)
i did my part and bought it off psn and i am enjoying it more than the first time i played it plz plz make a remake or a sequel/prequel i will buy w/e just continue the lore plz it was awesome.

Author:   dreamwalker_kara
Date:   May 11, 12 at 10:06am (PST)
A prequel would be nice, or even a remake, but I don't think a sequel needs to be done. I believe they would run the risk of ruining the story by trying to tag a sequel on to it. But the fact that they were planning on doing something else with the franchise to begin with gives me hope. This is a great game (I'm running through it again right now).

Author:   silentgrace7
Date:   May 14, 12 at 9:11pm (PST)
I am entirely in love with Legend of Dragoon, and I've been anticipating any hint of a prequel, sequel, remix or even just a 4th wall break-in within another game. I've antisipated this since I finished the game as a child, and I'll be willing to join in any opportunity to bring this to a reality. I must agree, a sequel may be a bit much--but to bring back the original dragoons, and to go back and fight the fight they fought right down to their final battle in Velweb, or to even go deeper and travel through Rose's memory of the centuries she spent in her travels between her two destinies, would be incredible. Like, I would actually save up to purchase a ps3 in order to play this.

Author:   Andrew c
Date:   May 14, 12 at 11:55pm (PST)
So dumb they cancelled it, it would have made a larger ps3 fan base. Downloaded it now I'm running through it! Please remake the game I'll by 5 copies if I have to:

Author:   DanteRuiz
Date:   May 22, 12 at 5:51pm (PST)
Make a 2 LoD itd be amazing use their children or something Id play the heck out of it

Author:   Dazzie
Date:   May 25, 12 at 1:06pm (PST)
Hi im Darren i have been hoping for a remake/sequel/prequel and i just soooooo want it to happen, i remember when i got a ps1 demo and the game was on it, and i tried it and i was like WHOA THIS IS AWESOME, so then i went to game shop and i got the last copy i was so happy,

It is my fav game ever and I'm not just saying that it really is, i read on wikipedia that its noted at the bottom of the page that there is a large fan base for it, but they don't seem to do anything bout it, i thought they made games for the fans and they can see how much we like this game, I'm sure many people have contacted the creators for a remake etc so why are they not doing anything GRRRRR lol xx

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.