Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: [Theory] Claire - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1093/t1091702-theory-claire/

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Feb 05, 08 at 9:28pm (PST)
Subject:   [Theory] Claire
-------------------------------------------
I've only played Legend of Dragoon a couple of times with this weekend being my most recent playthrough, so this has probably already been confirmed or disproved, but here goes. Also, this will have quite a few potential spoilers, so if you're still playing the game and haven't beaten it before, you've been warned.

Is it just me, or is Haschel really Dart's grandfather? It may just be a crazy coincidence since they look nothing alike, but here's the evidence that supports this: Feel free to disprove this or find other supporting evidence either in the game or in other official sources if you can.

Author:   DivineDragoon23
Date:   Feb 05, 08 at 11:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: [Theory] Claire
I've pretty much got the biggest point to disprove this:

HASCHEL IS ASIAN. DART IS NOT.

And Zeke (I think that's his name) Is Dart's father. This has been proven many times. Now remember that Zeke has been alive since the Dragon Campaign (11 000 years), so he can't be the son of Haschel. Lastly, Haschel's daughter ran away 20 years earlier. But Dart is 21 in the game, so he would have been 1 year old when she "dipped" from Haschel's place. I didnt mean to completely bash your theory though. At times, I thought it might be possible.

That and the fact I just came up with this stuff now. XD

Author:   Hard_Rocker
Date:   Feb 06, 08 at 12:53am (PST)
Actually Dart'd dad's name is Zeig... You were close.

Author:   Roxas
Date:   Feb 06, 08 at 5:47am (PST)
quote Hard_Rocker
Actually, It's Zieg. You were close too.

Author:   Wolfwood824
Date:   Feb 06, 08 at 5:36pm (PST)
quote DivineDragoon23
I've pretty much got the biggest point to disprove this:

HASCHEL IS ASIAN. DART IS NOT.
And? Dart obviously gets his looks (and his outfit =P) from his father.

quote DivineDragoon23
And Zeke (I think that's his name) Is Dart's father. This has been proven many times. Now remember that Zeke has been alive since the Dragon Campaign (11 000 years), so he can't be the son of Haschel.
He's Claire's father, not Zieg's. Most people have two sets of grandparents, you know. =P

quote DivineDragoon23
Lastly, Haschel's daughter ran away 20 years earlier. But Dart is 21 in the game, so he would have been 1 year old when she "dipped" from Haschel's place.
20 years is likely just an approximation (much like how I doubt the Dragon Campaign ended exactly 11,000 years ago).

Date:   Feb 06, 08 at 6:56pm (PST)
Plus, there's nothing that says that Claire and Zieg didn't meet before she left Rouge if this theory is actually correct, and for all we know, she could have left 24 or 25 years prior to the events in the game.

And also, Dart is actually 23 in the game. The Black Monster destroyed Neet 18 years before the game started, and if you pay attention, you'll learn that Dart was 5 at the time of the attack. 18 + 5 = 23.

Date:   Feb 06, 08 at 8:24pm (PST)
Shit! The manual lied to me! It lists Dart as 21 years old in the manual!!!

And I'm pretty sure Haschel wouldn't make an "approximation" about how long ago it was Claire ran away. It's a little more important than that.

Date:   Feb 06, 08 at 9:41pm (PST)
quote DivineDragoon23
Just another one of the typos in the game.

Author:   Hard_Rocker
Date:   Feb 07, 08 at 7:32pm (PST)
quote Roxas Rules
quote Hard_Rocker
Actually, It's Zieg. You were close too.
Oops:D that's right...

Author:   Ziekara
Date:   Feb 26, 08 at 4:14am (PST)
quote DivineDragoon23

And I'm pretty sure Haschel wouldn't make an "approximation" about how long ago it was Claire ran away. It's a little more important than that.

Actually, according to what Haschel says the first time he mentions his daughter in Lohan, he says she's been LOOKING for her for 20 years, not that she ran away 20 years go. It could be possible that he waited several years for her to return on her own before he set out looking for her.

Date:   Feb 26, 08 at 11:25pm (PST)
I really don't think he would do that. Would you wait several years for your child to come home? IT reminds me of the simpsons, specifically Nelson's dad. He went out to get a pack of smokes, and never came back. Nelson still thought he was out buying that pack of smokes for over 5 years. XD

And one more thing, Dart used to train under Haschel. And Dart already knew about how he was searching for his daughter. Don't you think that they would have come up to the conclusion that Dart's mom and Haschel's daughter are one and the same (if it was true)?

Haschel: I'm searching for my daughter, Claire, who ran away some time ago.

Dart: My mom's name is Claire, too.

Haschel: Interesting.

Dart: OH SHI--

*heads explode*

Date:   Feb 27, 08 at 4:44am (PST)
quote DivineDragoon23
Don't you think that they would have come up to the conclusion that Dart's mom and Haschel's daughter are one and the same (if it was true)?
Given how slow Dart was to catch on with Shana, I doubt it. The strongest evidence in the game that actually supports this is in the Moon on Disc 4 where Haschel says that Claire doesn't know about Dart yet. My question is: Why else would he add the word yet in with his statement if there was no connection between them?

Author:   Ziekara
Date:   Feb 27, 08 at 12:37pm (PST)
quote Avalith
quote DivineDragoon23
Don't you think that they would have come up to the conclusion that Dart's mom and Haschel's daughter are one and the same (if it was true)?
Given how slow Dart was to catch on with Shana, I doubt it. The strongest evidence in the game that actually supports this is in the Moon on Disc 4 where Haschel says that Claire doesn't know about Dart yet. My question is: Why else would he add the word yet in with his statement if there was no connection between them?
Agreed. I think they make it pretty obvious, without actually coming out and saying it, that they are related. Plus, it's clear from the scene in Fletz that Dart and Haschel never discussed Claire's name until that moment, since the scene you just described (minus the head exploding) is actually exactly what happened. They never really say how long the two of them traveled together, they only mention that they met before 4 years ago. Maybe it wasn't long enough to really go into detail...or maybe it's just a game and the writers felt like keeping it a secret until that moment XD

Author:   draconic_girl
Date:   Mar 08, 08 at 3:44am (PST)
It's obvious that he is Dart's grandfather. If he wasn't they wouldn't even bother to give hints and yada yada about the similarities between dart's mom and Haschel's daughter. Books, video games, and movies NEVER/RARELY waste space on uneccessary info. The rarely is for those who like to jabber longer than the rest and those forms of entertainment are normally full of too much detail for one to process and actually enjoy.

Also the look factor, well Dart takes after his dad. I'm a female clone of my dad and I don't look a thing like my grandparents on my mom's side....Actually now that i think about it none of my family looks similar...oh well

Date:   Mar 08, 08 at 3:49am (PST)
But...Haschel is asian (meaning Claire is too). Dart has nothing asian about him. Is everyone in your family of the same culture? If not, do you posses any features of their race? I know a dude where I work who's mom is asian, but father is white. Everything about him looks white, except for his eyes. Let's just say he's used to widescreen TV. XD

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.