Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: LEGACY OF KAIN MOVIE! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1047/t536720-legacy-of-kain-movie/

Author:   Blue Cloud
Date:   May 08, 05 at 12:25am (PST)
Subject:   LEGACY OF KAIN MOVIE!
-------------------------------------------
ppl, my best friend came up with this idea

hows about this

they should do it like a trilogy

1st movie, story about Kain and his backround
2nd movie, story about Raziel and his backround
3rd movie, mainly based on the fight between them (which takes place in defiance, espeacially the scene where Raziel sacrifices himself to the sword)

now my best friend is VERY EXCITED over the idea of this, and I already have a pretty good idea what this movie would look like, it would have to be an almost complete CGI backdrop

the actors I have in mind
for Kain: GAVIN ROSSDALE OR CHRISTIAM BALE, they look the most like Kain!
for Raziel: my best friend had either Keanu Reeves or Johnny Depp in mind, but I am free to suggestion

soundtrack
for Kain movie, stuff like Slipknot (man I was playing the game, and Slipknot songs like No Life and Liberate fit INCREDIBALLY WELL!)
for Raziel movie, stuff like Linkin Park and Korn, nad maybe some Techno (name some)
for Fight, something dramatic like Evanescence (IMAGINARY WOULD FIT GREATLY with it's dramatic, hardcore sound, or something else, also open to suggestion)

all I'm saying is that, THIS MOVIE WOULD BE THE GREATEST HORROR TRILOGY!

so please ppl say whatcha will about this

Author:   Necrin
Date:   May 08, 05 at 2:48pm (PST)
Subject:   re: LEGACY OF KAIN MOVIE!
Yes, when will it be appearing in a cinema near me.

I suggest making a flash movie first

Author:   Wolf drawer
Date:   May 13, 05 at 12:28am (PST)
Go for it!!!!! It should be awesome!!!! hmm..actors..actors....I got some actors for ya!! Orland Bloom (you can make him look just about like anything) and I don't know exactly why, but maybe Viggo Mortensen (Sp?) cuz he can kick serious butt!!!! I don't know who he would be tho, so yeah....just tryin to help tho...oh, and if you would like to talk to me about this movie thing, you might wanna email me, cuz chances are, I'll never find this place again.....yeah... I have a tendancy for that! bye bye

Author:   Ardhiel
Date:   Jun 19, 05 at 8:38pm (PST)
Its great idea but... no one make this film!!!! Its Not fair!!! resident Evil have movie Tomb Raider too but legancy Of Kain dont have!! Its sad

Author:   Uberstevetheevil
Date:   Jul 03, 05 at 11:30am (PST)
Heres a crazy idea.

a CG movie with Simon Templemen and Michael Bell (the actual voice actors)

Author:   Umah
Date:   Apr 09, 06 at 5:08pm (PST)
the idea of a Lok movie is awsome. you sould definatly try to do it.

Author:   Ezekeiel Rage
Date:   May 02, 06 at 4:18am (PST)
I dunno. The games are so immersive and well-done in terms of storyline that they're almost movies in and of themselves - especially Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance. Still, if it was done well, (i.e., didn't become complete suck as most video game based movies tend to do), then I'd be all for it.

Author:   pipmoz
Date:   May 21, 06 at 7:14pm (PST)
That would be a great idea...but why not just make an animated movie like they did with Final Fantasy. you could use the proper voices of Kain and Raziel and even use the opening movie from the Soul Reaver and Soul Reaver 2 games.

A LOK movie would only be good if it stuck as close as possible to the game. Something which i fear wouldn't be done.

Phil

Date:   May 25, 06 at 3:38am (PST)
hes right it would be better to make it an animated movie because what would LOK be without the original voices.

Author:   brenny
Date:   Jun 18, 06 at 10:01am (PST)
yeah it should be awesome i was hoping there would be a movie about lok but were do u start? do moviemaking studio's listen to our emails? well i wish u much luck in trying to make a LOK movie i really hope it works

Date:   Sep 21, 06 at 4:57am (PST)
your problems just got worse. Tony Jay, voice of the elder god is dead. he died of problems due to surgery. his voice was unique it would be hard to replace him.

Author:   Demonic Knight
Date:   Oct 01, 06 at 9:16pm (PST)
If I may make a suggestion, a movie is most likely a bad idea. I think it would be better to make a series. You see, a movie can only be one or two hours long. Three tops. And because Legacy of Kain is such a large and complex story, it would be almost impossible to squeeze it all into such a short time frame. However, a series is much longer than a movie, so you would have enough freedom to remain completely faithful to the games. A good example of this setup is Starship Troopers. The movie was completely unfaithful to the book and not very good. The series, on the other hand followed the book almost to the letter and was much better. Just consider my idea.

Author:   Oni_Slayer
Date:   Oct 05, 06 at 5:19am (PST)
Hey guys, dont know if this thread is still alive no one has posted in like 3 days.
Anyway, i have been thinking of tying to make a movie out of this series for the last 3-4 years. Always thought it had the makings to be the next best fantasy series of films like a star wars or even LoR.
I have actually started outlining the process and preparing to write a script but i have some questions that i would like to get the input of other die hard fans like myself. These are my ideas so far:

1. NO big name actors. Like a orlando or christan. I would
like to see a new breed of actors come out of this.

2. Not entirly rely on CGI. Of course you would have to
use it somewhat, but not to the extent of say the three
latest Star Wars movies. My perfect example is once
again LoR, great mix of CGI and real life.

3. I am debating how to work the story. Cuz in all
fairness this story is too complex with the time
traveling especially to follow it ver batum. So here is
what i am thinking:
First Movie - Blood Omen 1
Second Movie - Blood Omen 2
Third Movie - Soul Reaver 1
Fourth Movie - Soul Reaver 2
Fifth Movie - Definace

Sixth Movie - If they decide to make another
game. We could follow that or
make up our own ending which ive
had some ideas on how to end the
series.

Anyway i dont want to give away my ideas on how to work this thing, just giveing out an overview of how it would run. So after reading this any input or knowaldge to offer would be great.

Author:   GenghisRon
Date:   Oct 14, 06 at 2:15pm (PST)
If anyone is still reading this.
heres my 2 cents wouldn't u have to use defiance first since its a prequil too the first game.
I mean the game is set before he even made raziel.
deviance kinda expains how kain came to be the person he is in the soulreaver sequals.
like u said the time traveling would be a problem for a move but a series I don't think would have any problems with it.
If you are going to make this into a movie or series I'd suggest a series that way you have alot more freedom an can use CGI/Real life in both.
I bet theres tons of people out there dying to see either movie or series I know I'm one of them.

Kill one man your a murderer, Kill many your a conquerer, Kill them all your a GOD!!!

Author:   anonymus critic
Date:   Nov 11, 06 at 2:11am (PST)
quote Blue Cloud
ppl, my best friend came up with this idea

hows about this

they should do it like a trilogy

1st movie, story about Kain and his backround
2nd movie, story about Raziel and his backround
3rd movie, mainly based on the fight between them (which takes place in defiance, espeacially the scene where Raziel sacrifices himself to the sword)

now my best friend is VERY EXCITED over the idea of this, and I already have a pretty good idea what this movie would look like, it would have to be an almost complete CGI backdrop

the actors I have in mind
for Kain: GAVIN ROSSDALE OR CHRISTIAM BALE, they look the most like Kain!
for Raziel: my best friend had either Keanu Reeves or Johnny Depp in mind, but I am free to suggestion

soundtrack
for Kain movie, stuff like Slipknot (man I was playing the game, and Slipknot songs like No Life and Liberate fit INCREDIBALLY WELL!)
for Raziel movie, stuff like Linkin Park and Korn, nad maybe some Techno (name some)
for Fight, something dramatic like Evanescence (IMAGINARY WOULD FIT GREATLY with it's dramatic, hardcore sound, or something else, also open to suggestion)

all I'm saying is that, THIS MOVIE WOULD BE THE GREATEST HORROR TRILOGY!

so please ppl say whatcha will about this
okay... no! for the LoK series, you never put linkin park, evanescence or slipknot. thats a no. first of all, its a series about vampires... slipknot and vampires DO NOT MATCH AT ALL. some cradle of filth or some black metall band would match perfectly. and at raziel techno? are you serios? oh common... he may look a lot different but no techno! some combichrist maybe.
don't take this as a rude critic... its just an opinion

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.