Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Why isn't my microphone working? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1276861-isn-39-my-microphone-working/

Author:   Ville_Valo
Date:   Dec 08, 08 at 12:12pm (PST)
Subject:   Why isn't my microphone working?
-------------------------------------------
I'm using a microphone I've used before on this computer, and it won't pickup any sound at all. I've tried all my audio slots, turned up all the volume on the volume control menus, but neither Ventrilo or the sound recorder on Windows will register any sound at all. Since it last worked I've reformatted, but that shouldn't mean anything. I figure the mic may be broken, so I opened a brand new one to try that. Neither worked.
What the shit could possibly be going on?

Author:   Furious Faction
Date:   Dec 08, 08 at 2:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Why isn't my microphone working?
Did you lose the drivers for it?

Make sure the mute button isnt pressed in the volume controls under microphone.

Also you might want to check in the control panel under sounds and audio devices. Make sure it is selected for the use of microphone.

Date:   Dec 08, 08 at 2:12pm (PST)
I tried all those things. I could be the drivers, though I made Device Manager scan for drivers and it didn't find anything.

Author:   Furious Faction
Date:   Dec 10, 08 at 3:43pm (PST)
Under sounds and audio in the control panel click on the tab voice then if it selected use the test hardware application to test it see if that works. If it is recognizing it as an option there then you have the driver. Not sure what it could be tho, usually its something simple.

Date:   Dec 11, 08 at 12:20am (PST)
Thanks, it works perfectly now. :\
How can it go from not registering at all to working perfectly? I didn't do anything! Ah well. Thanks again.

Author:   Hayl
Date:   Nov 30, 11 at 2:13am (PST)
I got a brand new mic and I tried it out too cam and you can hear my voice, there's just static notices in the back round. What do I do?

Author:   Nina2130000
Date:   Dec 09, 12 at 4:12pm (PST)
So i did all of that and even still it doesnt work. i test the hardware and it runs through my mic is unchecked and up but when i go through the hardware check it tells me to read the paragraphs but no sound comes out at all. what now?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.