Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Crazy setup. Print Server share internet with computer connected wirelessley, zomg » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 12, 07 at 6:50am
Skinner

Ok, Here's what I'm doing.

I have a laserjet printer that I love, but its just too big and noisy to keep in my room. and I can't put it in the kitchen... TO THE GARAGE!

I already have a server in the garage and it has a wireless card in it.

I already have the printer connected to an old computer that is working as a print server with and IP of 192.168.1.252 and it works fine when connected directly to the router

I want to be able to connect the printserver to the server in the garrage. The problem is, the printserver is using an os that boots from the floppy drive and thats it. No room for wireless cards. I don't really want to load windows on the thing either, because windows has many printing problems.

SO i'll do internet connection sharring! I get my crossover cable, set it up. but now.. what should the IP of the print server be? It doesnt work, or ping on 192.168.1.252. The server (not print) has a static ip of 192.168.1.7, it then makes the ICS 192.168.0.1 OH NO! different sub-net

So now we run into problems. I guess the real question is. if you're doing ICS what should the ip be for that shared device (my example, the printserver)

I drew a pic to help out

Thanks for everything! any input, wrong or not, will be greatly appreciated. If you know of another way to do this. please tell me.

I'm already thinking about just getting a game adapter for the printserver but I don't want to spend the money.