Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind » What's the level cap for Morrowind? » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

The Elder Scrolls Online logo Adoring Fan TESO Dragon Knight TESO Aldmeri Dominion TESO Daggerfall Covenant TESO Ebonheart Pact TESO Nightblade Chorrol Shield Conjuration Symbol Skingrad Shield Leyawiin Shield Kvatch Shield Bravil Shield Cheydinhal Shield Bruma Shield Whiterun Shield Illusion Symbol Oblivion Logo TESO Altmer TESO Argonian TESO Bosmer TESO Breton TESO Dunmer TESO Khajiit TESO Nord TESO Orc TESO Redguard TESO Sorcerer TESO Templar
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Jul 02, 02 at 4:19pmDubhlachan

Maybe it's in the manual *digs*

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 03, 12 at 6:23pm
ES3M

Damn, for a long time I thought there was no level cap

Jul 06, 02 at 5:19am
CDubRilla

yes i though of it myself. tahnk you, thank you

Jul 06, 02 at 4:38am
saborcoco

Hey.... That is a very good idea....
When you go to jail your abilities decrease...

Jul 04, 02 at 8:28pm
CDubRilla

You can also level up (I believe) by getting caught doing a crime and going to jail. Your skills decrease, but I don't believe your attributes do. That means you can then re-learn your skills, and use taht to level up.

Jul 03, 02 at 5:31pm
chibon

The standard cap is 100 you can over do it without cheating if you have an encantment for the item. Example: +10 personality etc.

Jul 03, 02 at 4:55pm
Dubhlachan

I really try to get through a game before I use the console was just curious about the levels.

Jul 02, 02 at 9:10pm
Smoke

Ok, I see now. If you want to, you could always do the

hit the ~ in game
player->setlevel (To whatever)

or make a stat go down like this.

~
player->set(statname) (How big, low)

Jul 02, 02 at 8:38pm
Novice John

I played the Baldurs Gate games where there is a numerical experience points score, for which they had set a "cap" - ie a maximum achievable level. But Morrowind is very different of course...

You can only go up a level when 10 increases of a major/minor skill are achieved. And skills can be increased to 100 and no more. So there IS a level cap, because when all your major and minor skills are at 100 each there is no opportunity to go any higher.

This means the starting levels of your major/minor skills dictate the levels that can be achieved. And they seem to vary from character to character due to class/race.

Hmmm. Maybe a contrary viewpoint helps. Try starting characters where the racial bonuses do NOT raise the major/minor skills (I have a Breton Agent for instance; how about an Orc Sorceror anyone?) lead eventually to the highest possible levels.
HTH

Jul 02, 02 at 7:25pm
Smoke

Whats a level cap? I am not familiar with this term.

Jul 02, 02 at 4:19pm
Dubhlachan

Maybe it's in the manual *digs*