Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind » What's the level cap for Morrowind? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Jul 02, 02 at 4:19pmDubhlachan

Maybe it's in the manual *digs*

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 03, 12 at 6:23pm
ES3M

Damn, for a long time I thought there was no level cap

Jul 06, 02 at 5:19am
CDubRilla

yes i though of it myself. tahnk you, thank you

Jul 06, 02 at 4:38am
saborcoco

Hey.... That is a very good idea....
When you go to jail your abilities decrease...

Jul 04, 02 at 8:28pm
CDubRilla

You can also level up (I believe) by getting caught doing a crime and going to jail. Your skills decrease, but I don't believe your attributes do. That means you can then re-learn your skills, and use taht to level up.

Jul 03, 02 at 5:31pm
chibon

The standard cap is 100 you can over do it without cheating if you have an encantment for the item. Example: +10 personality etc.

Jul 03, 02 at 4:55pm
Dubhlachan

I really try to get through a game before I use the console was just curious about the levels.

Jul 02, 02 at 9:10pm
Smoke

Ok, I see now. If you want to, you could always do the

hit the ~ in game
player->setlevel (To whatever)

or make a stat go down like this.

~
player->set(statname) (How big, low)

Jul 02, 02 at 8:38pm
Novice John

I played the Baldurs Gate games where there is a numerical experience points score, for which they had set a "cap" - ie a maximum achievable level. But Morrowind is very different of course...

You can only go up a level when 10 increases of a major/minor skill are achieved. And skills can be increased to 100 and no more. So there IS a level cap, because when all your major and minor skills are at 100 each there is no opportunity to go any higher.

This means the starting levels of your major/minor skills dictate the levels that can be achieved. And they seem to vary from character to character due to class/race.

Hmmm. Maybe a contrary viewpoint helps. Try starting characters where the racial bonuses do NOT raise the major/minor skills (I have a Breton Agent for instance; how about an Orc Sorceror anyone?) lead eventually to the highest possible levels.
HTH

Jul 02, 02 at 7:25pm
Smoke

Whats a level cap? I am not familiar with this term.

Jul 02, 02 at 4:19pm
Dubhlachan

Maybe it's in the manual *digs*