Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Web Coding » DEVPEN: Web Development Resources » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 30, 07 at 6:03amEnhance

As many of you know awhile back Neo Era started up a web development site called DEVPEN. Recent changes on the DEVPEN article management system including image management, comments, and permissions have made it easier to publish not only larger articles that help users create more complex features but smaller blog type articles that feature random items that you have come across when developing.

So we would like to solicit any developers out there to submit proposals of unique and interesting articles to be published on the website. While we don't have any limitations on what you can submit we encourage users to submit articles that offer things that other web development sites do not.

Interesting Ideas That Could be Covered
  • Managing Users in PHP Sessions and Mysql
  • Image Resizing in Perl
  • Rounded Corners with CSS and JavaScript
  • Using BB Code with PHP
  • Javascript 101
  • CSS for Beginners
  • Drag and Drop Divs in JavaScript
  • Displaying Users Online With Page Views
When submitting an article try and include code samples and literal examples that will better help users understand your article. To help distinguish code we have markup tags that syntax highlight javascript, html, css, mysql, php, and perl. They are used in the same was as any other markup or bb code with the name of the language you are highlighting in the center. (EX: [html]code[/html]).

Articles proposals can be submitted via the official forums located here or by sending a pm to Artificer, Armed_Rebel, gdog2011, or myself. A title and explanation are required but you do not need to specify a time that you will most likely have your article done by.

RSS Feed of Latest Articles

RSS Feed of Latest News

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 20, 12 at 7:16am
february

I like it when people tell me about stuff I don't normally see, like full Flash or Java applet sites. ^^

Jan 28, 09 at 7:02am
Arietta

There will need to get some job done. For instance, I am thinking on a method to let users register on Devpen without letting any spambot/spamhuman in.
Like sending the Devpen admins a PM on Neo when the user registers on Devpen. In that way there will be way less spam.

Jan 28, 09 at 12:49am
bobbonew

I might be able to contribute an article or two; just ask me whatcha want!

Jan 28, 09 at 12:44am
Chiggins

If we can get a team together I'm down for it.

I still can't believe you found the setting to stop the spam accounts after all the time I spent looking for it.

Jan 27, 09 at 8:05pm
Arietta

Is anyone interested in reviving Devpen? I have deleted all the spam, all the spam accounts, and everything that is not needed (spent a shitload of time just on that ...). I think it would be cool to revive it.

Jul 29, 08 at 10:54pm
Chiggins

I've been wanting to get DEVPEN back up to speed for a while now.

Can someone publish my RSS article?

Jul 29, 08 at 10:19pm
Arietta

Is this still going to run? Because I could submit some ideas here.

Aug 30, 07 at 8:04pm
gdog2011

Somebody should write an article on how to make a nifty interface to control my robot from the web. =P

I like it when people tell me about stuff I don't normally see, like full Flash or Java applet sites. ^^

Aug 30, 07 at 6:03am
Enhance

As many of you know awhile back Neo Era started up a web development site called DEVPEN. Recent changes on the DEVPEN article management system including image management, comments, and permissions have made it easier to publish not only larger articles that help users create more complex features but smaller blog type articles that feature random items that you have come across when developing.

So we would like to solicit any developers out there to submit proposals of unique and interesting articles to be published on the website. While we don't have any limitations on what you can submit we encourage users to submit articles that offer things that other web development sites do not.

Interesting Ideas That Could be Covered
  • Managing Users in PHP Sessions and Mysql
  • Image Resizing in Perl
  • Rounded Corners with CSS and JavaScript
  • Using BB Code with PHP
  • Javascript 101
  • CSS for Beginners
  • Drag and Drop Divs in JavaScript
  • Displaying Users Online With Page Views
When submitting an article try and include code samples and literal examples that will better help users understand your article. To help distinguish code we have markup tags that syntax highlight javascript, html, css, mysql, php, and perl. They are used in the same was as any other markup or bb code with the name of the language you are highlighting in the center. (EX: [html]code[/html]).

Articles proposals can be submitted via the official forums located here or by sending a pm to Artificer, Armed_Rebel, gdog2011, or myself. A title and explanation are required but you do not need to specify a time that you will most likely have your article done by.

RSS Feed of Latest Articles

RSS Feed of Latest News