Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » IJAM IJ-100 Portable MP3 Player Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 14, 00 at 1:49amEntity

Please give us your thoughts on our review of IJAM's IJ-100 Portable MP3 Player posted on July 13th, 2000.

Here's the link:

This message was edited by Ether(moderator) on Dec 07 2000.

IJAM IJ-100 / IJ-101 MP3 Player Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 07, 04 at 3:09pm
LouieBRazil

CAN SOMEBODY PLEEEEEEEASE HELP ME? My name is Louie and im from Brazil! My dad bought me the Ijam mp3 player about 4 years ago when he went to new york and i never got it to download mp3 on it! I have all the hardware and the software installed but i dont know how to put music on the multimediacard! Somebody PLEASE HELP ME? My e-mail is unga_@hotmail.com!!
Thank you a lot
Louie

Jul 01, 03 at 10:27pm
Elaine2

The max size card that I could get to work was 16mb. I got the firmware from the Ijam website. After all that trouble, I ended up "losing" my IJAM player when I left it on one of the machines at the gym. Needless to say, when I went back, it had not been turned in. In any case, I didn't keep an archive of the updated software. Sorry...good luck.

Jul 01, 03 at 8:00pm
Jeff Ong

Yes -- does anyone have an archive of the firmware updater around?

Jun 05, 03 at 8:07pm
aRan

Hi. From where can firmware be downloaded please? What is the maximum size MMC card?

Thank you.

Mar 18, 02 at 7:14pm
Elaine

After downloading the latest software from the website, I was finally able to record to the 32MB card. However, the player could not play anything on it. I ended up returning the card. I still like the player, though. For the cost (I got it for $30, after rebate) it does what I need it to do. I agree - I-Jam support (what an oxymoron) stinks!

Mar 17, 02 at 8:24pm
newportpdp

I too am having trouble with a 32mb card that I purchased. The 16mb chips that came with the ij-100 work fine, and I am able to transfer files to the 32mb chip. When I put the card in the player the same files that play from the 16mb card will not play in the player off of the 32mb card.

I have returned the card twice and the same thing happens with each new card.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can anyone offer a possible solution?

Mar 08, 02 at 10:25pm
EvanRC

I purchased the I-Jam 100 when it was first released. I was very impressed with the technology at the time. However, it has been over three years now and I-Jam STILL does not have what I would call sufficient support on their product. In my opinion I wasted my money. The Media cards after being formatted will hold music but will not play in the unit. Now, I have a $150 FM stereo that has already been quoted as poor. Stay away from this product line at all costs. Visit their support site it has only software downloioads with minimal help and it actually states "This is the only technical support available as there is no telephone or e-mail support." Very poor customer service if you ask me.

Feb 15, 02 at 10:25am
Moots

glad to be of use

Moots

Feb 15, 02 at 9:27am
Elaine

Moots,

It worked! Thanks so much!!

Feb 14, 02 at 10:21am
Moots

I had a similar prob with a Rio500 - it needed a firmware upgrade before it would recognise the 64mb SmartMedia cards I bought.

Moots