Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Site Contributor's Forum » Duplicate Profiles » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Aug 07, 07 at 9:33pmMishtram

I spoke to Wolfwood about making a thread as a repository for all duplicate game reports. Please use this thread for further reports, so that they are all in one place.

All you need is to provide links and, if needed, proof (some profiles have near identical names) that they are duplicate profiles. In example:
quote Typical Report
Profile 1: Egma (Import)
Profile 2: Game
Proof: Gamespot, IGN Alternative Names.
Keep in mind, Neoseeker does have a system set up where games with different names show up as separate on the search function. For example. The forum id will be identical and a note such as "This product is also called Biohazard 5 in Japan." will be visible where the profile description should be.

Thanks, contributors!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 05, 15 at 12:39am
Lesley Pro_04

Just noticed a pair of profiles for Five Nights at Freddy's 2:

The first
The second

The only thing that I can think of is that when the iPhone/iPad platforms were merged, an inadvertent duplicate was created.

Jul 24, 15 at 5:58am
Ciel Phantomhive

I got the second game's name updated without realizing that there's already a profile for Origins Blackgate. My bad.

Jul 10, 15 at 8:18am
Ciel Phantomhive

Not sure if this is a duplicate, but might as well report it: First one has a FAQ, but the FAQs button on the second profile directs to the first one's.

Jun 30, 15 at 4:31pm

Hey Phi, thanks for the heads up! That's an important Wii U so we definitely got that fixed. The duplicate shouldn't exist any more.

Jun 29, 15 at 2:34pm

There are two profiles for Star Fox Zero.

Star Fox Zero with contributions
Star Fox Zero without contributions

May 22, 15 at 3:18am

Thanks for taking care of it. And for the compliment. ;D

May 04, 15 at 11:08am

Yeah the new Record Keeper profiles are definitely duplicates, and not added by any user who would've seen the original profiles anyway. The new submissions have been removed from the database, the existing ones are much better anyway.

May 04, 15 at 3:58am

Not sure how this submission got approved. I added Final Fantasy: Record Keeper to Neoseeker awhile ago. Sure it was only released in Japan at the time, so my submission has Japanese screenshots, but is that a reason for someone to submit a new profile? I'm confused.

Feb 10, 15 at 5:54pm

Hi Lesley Pro_04, good catch with the Criterion developed Most Wanted titles. The Wii U and Vita versions of the profiles should now tie with the rest of the platforms now. The boards should also be grouped together now too! Thanks for letting us know.

Feb 09, 15 at 8:33pm
Lesley Pro_04

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (Vita/Wii U)
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PC/PS3/XBox360)

Wolfwood / leochan I'm confused as to how the same exact title appears twice like this.