Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Site Contributor's Forum » Duplicate Profiles » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Aug 07, 07 at 9:33pmMishtram

I spoke to Wolfwood about making a thread as a repository for all duplicate game reports. Please use this thread for further reports, so that they are all in one place.

All you need is to provide links and, if needed, proof (some profiles have near identical names) that they are duplicate profiles. In example:
quote Typical Report
Profile 1: Egma (Import)
Profile 2: Game
Proof: Gamespot, IGN Alternative Names.
Keep in mind, Neoseeker does have a system set up where games with different names show up as separate on the search function. For example. The forum id will be identical and a note such as "This product is also called Biohazard 5 in Japan." will be visible where the profile description should be.

Thanks, contributors!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 15, 14 at 5:51pm
Fluidity

Wolfwood

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/vita/final_fantasy_x_x2_hd/
http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/vita/finalfantasyx/

I put in a good number of submissions for the second profile; if that's the one that needs to be deleted since it's not linked to the PS3 profile don't worry about it, I can resubmit.

Sep 17, 13 at 9:13pm
Chad

ichakasi - haha, no worries man. Oddly enough, I can't seem to find the announcement that introduced the "canceled" feature. For a comprehensive guide to each thing, I think this thread would be the closest thing, as well as the Definite Guide to Contributing that details what you should and should not submit in terms of actual CRS processed submissions. As far as accompanying screenshots go, I don't think there are many of those links that involve that level of visual guidance unfortunately, but in the meantime CRS members such as myself as well as knowledgeable contributors would be more than happy to assist with any other questions you can't seem to find the answers to at the time (and odds are, you aren't the only one, so we'll try to increase exposure of certain features and policies).

Sep 17, 13 at 8:59pm
Spook

Ah geez, I feel so dumb now. Is there a comprehensive guide that explains these things? preferably with screens

Thanks for all the help, by the way.

Sep 17, 13 at 8:57pm
Chad

ichakasi - contributors actually have the power to mark games as "cancelled" through release date submissions. Using the wiki edit method, check that little box that appears next to it and in the source URL put the source that says it is canceled. For this particular game, go here, and in the release date section on the right panel under Profile Info, check off the box in this image:

followed by putting in the source saying it's canceled, submit it, and we'll deal with it shortly.

Sep 17, 13 at 7:25pm
Spook

It's not really a duplicate situation, but the Wii U version of Metro: Last Light was cancelled while the game was still in development.

Sep 02, 13 at 7:47pm
Chad

Killzone (Vita)
Killzone: Mercenary (Vita)

The first one is the duplicate. Can't seem to find anywhere that there's multiple Killzone games on the Vita, and the other profile is more filled out (before the contributions I just added to it). ^__^

Jul 14, 13 at 12:02am
Chad

Labryinth (movies)
Labryinth (movies)

The first one has more information filled out in the profile, including members linked to it for their collections, but the second one has a more favorable profile nickname which might be good to transfer over to the first.

Mar 22, 13 at 8:00am
Ditnopota

The Ring Two
The Ring 2
Proof (IMDb): 1, 2

It appears the release date of the 'Two' profile is the correct one. There's also considerably more information in the 'Two' link, although both titles appear to be correct. I originally thought that perhaps one of them was the original Japanese release, but based on the information in each of the profile's descriptions, they are the exact same movie.

Mar 13, 13 at 4:46pm
Lavender Blush

Two different profiles, but the same movie.

Mar 04, 13 at 9:53pm
Lesley Pro_04

Neverwinter
Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter

Both are the same game, but both profiles need some work done to them to improve them. The second of the two has articles attached, but the first of the two have screenshots attached.