Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy VIII » Favorite trick/glitch in FFVIII » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If your message involves or pertains to several games of the Final Fantasy series, and not this game specifically, please post it within the [link name=General Final Fantasy Forum]index.php?fn=browse_forum&forumid=119[/link] instead.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Aug 06, 07 at 5:26pmSniggit

This is where you share your favorite FFVIII trick/glitch.

My favorite trick is getting punishment (squalls 2nd to last weapon) before you even do the SEED test.

Another good one is the 400+ AP trick when you fight the robotic spider thing during the SEED test.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 21, 12 at 10:51pm
CloudStrife819

quote Sniggit
My friend roger and I spent like 5 hours trying to figure out how to get lionheart on disc 1. There was always 1 little thing stopping us from getting a certain item. I think it may be impossible... but i'm no expert
It is possible you just have to stay at a low level I believe below level 30 go fight grendel. right after you are done with Laguna and before getting Irvine.. in the forest stay against the mountain and you will always fight it... I believe you either mug or don't mug either way you will get dragon skin I believe .. and their is a way to get pulse ammo, I just forget possibly items from cards then modding with Diablo ... I don't know.. also on the beach ( I think on the map where you get brothers ... check " admantoise disk 1 ff8 on google" you can fight admantoise it is very rare and they are difficult but you can admantine from them hence all the items for Lionheart on disk 1 I have done it before without modding the brothers card... on my disk 3 perfect save.. I should get back to it but it has been about 2 years.. it is possible though

Aug 13, 12 at 11:55pm
Zhang Liao

quote Sniggit
This is where you share your favorite FFVIII trick/glitch.
My favorite trick is getting punishment (squalls 2nd to last weapon) before you even do the SEED test.
er what? never tried that! now i have to!

May 30, 12 at 1:18am
darfuky

Well I just have a question, have any of you had a problem with the game not loading after a dream sequence, specifically the one at the start of disk two, in the town with raine and ellenor. When I try to rest and go through the text the screen goes black and I still hear the music but it never changes back, and the music just keeps going. Can anyone help?

Aug 11, 07 at 1:16am
Hell Fire

I like spamming the circle button in order to get a limit break without having to wait for the character to go through the ATB again.

Aug 11, 07 at 12:06am
Cro Gato

Money trick.
Refining 100 Tents to 25 Mega-Potions and selling them.
Doing that a few times gives you a lot of money and it can be even more with Tonberrys abilities.

Aug 07, 07 at 6:55pm
Sniggit

it takes about 5 hours including getting the AP for card mod and getting all the cards you need. the iron giant and adamantoise cards can take a while. you can get them easiest from the trepies in the second floor classroom. For the card mod AP fight fastitocalan-Fs down by the beach right outside Balamb garden.

Aug 07, 07 at 6:51pm
neto_360

I actually feel like starting another file to try to get Punishment on disk 1 XD I might start it tomorrow though.

Aug 06, 07 at 10:16pm
Sniggit

yea you don't even need lionheart until you fight ultima weapon.

Aug 06, 07 at 10:12pm
Lone Warrior

Here is a thread that could help you on that.

Lion Heart can be obtained in CD1, it's just not really worth the effort in my opinion.

Aug 06, 07 at 10:09pm
Sniggit

My friend roger and I spent like 5 hours trying to figure out how to get lionheart on disc 1. There was always 1 little thing stopping us from getting a certain item. I think it may be impossible... but i'm no expert