Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Starcraft: Brood War » best unit of each race » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jul 24, 07 at 3:32amsmash fanatic

t- tanks

z- lings

p- not sure, going with goons

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 05, 12 at 6:16am
Leonidas-SD

There are no best units from a gameplay perspective, but from the perspective of "how cool that unit is" I would say:

Terran: tank (the sound of mass tank firing is just pure awesome)
Zerg: ling (yarrr the rush)
Protoss: reaver (most fun unit for micro in combination with shuttle)

Mar 04, 12 at 5:29pm
AznLiquid

Pretty sure 200 Hydras would lose to 400 Zerglings, assuming both have maxed upgrades. This isn't a game where you have a "best unit". SC is like a complex game of rock paper scissors.

Mar 04, 12 at 4:07pm
ob2kenobi

I mean that if you build full limit of every units and go vs you will see that there is nothing stronger then 200 hydras

Mar 04, 12 at 3:52pm
ob2kenobi

Best unit ever you have to know cuz I m good scbroodwar player I m almost absouloutly sure this is hydras

Feb 18, 08 at 7:55am
bombtechnician

every unit is balanced out to carry its specific tasks, but if ur sayin how useful they are then:

protoss: probes

terran: scv

Zerg: drones

Jan 13, 08 at 7:17am
ARCHON_king484

T - Im gonna Say Goliath's

Z - im gonna say mutas

p - im gonna say archons and D.A's(Maelstorm and attack )

Nov 12, 07 at 8:43pm
AznLiquid

Mutalisks are great at harassment, that's about it. In straight up battles, they need to be supported by lings and/or lurkers.

This message was edited by AznLiquid on Jan 13 2008.

Nov 07, 07 at 3:13am
Khala

Exactly, thats why I like versable units, like muskalisks, or... larvae!

Oct 23, 07 at 3:01am
AznLiquid

People need to realize that SC is not a game where you can just mass the "best unit" of any race and expect to win. You need to play off what your opponent is doing. Everything you do should be a suitable counter.

Oct 23, 07 at 2:49am
Khala

quote LighT WarrioR
Nearly any Barracks Unit (Except Ghost) is quite useful. In mass amounts, Easily could kill anything. Along with the proper amount of Observers =).

In all honesty, almost every unit is best at times. None can really be better all the time.

Tanks may have a strong ground attack, but when the air come into play, you generally stop using them. Air = A very important aspect in your victory.

Science vessel not observer
Medics are worthless by themselves
I would say that the best unit on my decision, is the all versable, larvae!