Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » 65nm vs. 90nm: AMD X2 5000+ Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 04, 07 at 11:47pmbhenning

Hi guys,

Have you wondered if the 65nm geometry shrink made a difference?

Read our latest review and find out!

65nm vs. 90nm: AMD's Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Sep 05, 07 at 6:49pm
imjustsotired

AMD+ASUS FTW!!!1!

Jul 24, 07 at 4:40pm
deathq893

Is the AMD X2 5000+ good for gaming or should I go Intel!?? I always stayed with AMD and this review helped a lot!!!! If I would overclock, will gigabyte boards be good or not???? thx

Jun 08, 07 at 9:17pm
bhenning

You nailed it. The Core 2's were only there to compare stock-to-stock in the roughly same price range. When you go to BestBuy or other retailer, the boxes you get would come with x2's or Core 2's on motherboards that are... shall we say... less than condusive to overclocking.

quote Anonymous1
OCed Intel results are included in the Intel reviews. This one is for the 65nm vs the 90nm X2 5000. The C2Ds are probably only there for comparison on a base-line. Also, since the market is busting wide open for which retailers offer both AMD and Intel chips in almost identical computers(seeing as how you cant OC with ANY ease on most retail boards anyways), stock reviews are quite helpful to those thinking of going the retail route.

I also fail to see how much more helpful/informative the review would have been with OCed C2D results. All that would show you is that C2Ds overclock like a mother...which we already know.

Jun 08, 07 at 7:52pm
Anonymous

quote Angusi
If overclocked intel results were included in this review it would have made it more informative.
OCed Intel results are included in the Intel reviews. This one is for the 65nm vs the 90nm X2 5000. The C2Ds are probably only there for comparison on a base-line. Also, since the market is busting wide open for which retailers offer both AMD and Intel chips in almost identical computers(seeing as how you cant OC with ANY ease on most retail boards anyways), stock reviews are quite helpful to those thinking of going the retail route.

I also fail to see how much more helpful/informative the review would have been with OCed C2D results. All that would show you is that C2Ds overclock like a mother...which we already know.

Jun 08, 07 at 2:14pm
Angusi

If overclocked intel results were included in this review it would have made it more informative.

Jun 06, 07 at 7:37am
The realDrJay

That is a decent overclock.....
Keep in mind though,....the MN232 mobo in conjunction with a Brisbane cpu will overvolt past the bios setting. Check with a DMM. At 1.5 bios, you are actually pumping closer to 1.55 Vcore into that cpu.

Jun 05, 07 at 2:13am
Anonymous

Nice review. I was actually surprised at how well the chip did, not only against it's elder counter-part, but against the C2D line up as well.

Jun 04, 07 at 11:47pm
bhenning

Hi guys,

Have you wondered if the 65nm geometry shrink made a difference?

Read our latest review and find out!