Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy X » Dark Matter » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jun 04, 07 at 7:31amTwilight_Okami

Hi, my name is Twilight_Okami, I'm one of many FFX fans.

I have one question for all the experts at FFX (not FFX-2)

I need to find at least 60 dark matter for the weapon upgrade 'Break Damage Limit'

Does any expert here know which monster drop the most?
(cannot be D. Aeons, Sin or Penance.)
Preferably the arena.

If so, please say what their names are, and what area to beat to unlock them.
(I don't have any Species Conquest monsters yet, but I'm working on it.)

If you can help, or have any ideas in general, please feel free to post!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 26, 14 at 10:20am
Rikuxx

You can get it from Shinryu (Drop R). Shinryu is at moster arena , original.

Jan 25, 13 at 4:44am
DdeB

quote DdeB
This should be the easiest way to obtain Dark Matters:

Get a character over 70+ Luck status.
You can get luck spheres from greater sphere
and fortune spheres from the earth eater.
Higher luck will only let you get the same time span in which Dark Matters drop (as a rare item)

With that character (or preferrably three of those in your party)
mash down Vidatu - in the monster arena - Species Conquest
He is the easiest to beat - will only take about 30 seconds if you count the time from adressing the arena guy, going to the screen of monsters, choosing Vidatu, beating him and the AP & Equipment gain screens.

I get Dark Matters 1 out of the 5 to 10 Vidatus I beat.
I've counted today. 38 Dark Matters in 1 hour.

Read a walktrhough or guide to see how to obtain the Greater Sphere, Earth Eater & Vidatu.
Ofcourse i should mention that I already have all the legendary weapons, and most of my stats to 255.
inl. strength, so every hit that I make inclusing Lulu's are 99999.
In that case, I can blow away Vidatu with only 1 hit..

Jan 25, 13 at 4:38am
DdeB

This should be the easiest way to obtain Dark Matters:

Get a character over 70+ Luck status.
You can get luck spheres from greater sphere
and fortune spheres from the earth eater.
Higher luck will only let you get the same time span in which Dark Matters drop (as a rare item)

With that character (or preferrably three of those in your party)
mash down Vidatu - in the monster arena - Species Conquest
He is the easiest to beat - will only take about 30 seconds if you count the time from adressing the arena guy, going to the screen of monsters, choosing Vidatu, beating him and the AP & Equipment gain screens.

I get Dark Matters 1 out of the 5 to 10 Vidatus I beat.
I've counted today. 38 Dark Matters in 1 hour.

Read a walktrhough or guide to see how to obtain the Greater Sphere, Earth Eater & Vidatu.

May 31, 12 at 6:00pm
heh

BOO

Sep 24, 11 at 3:53pm
AbsoluteZero00

about quactuar, which stones do i pray to ?, and how strong is quactuar, i only hav tidusus celestial wepon fully powered

Jul 24, 07 at 3:40am
Twin Fatality

I know that this will be self-absorbing but I guess putting up a link to my own Ribbon accessory guide will be helpful.

Ribbon Accessory Guide

Jul 23, 07 at 6:29pm
SoulSpark

No. There is no way of increasing the odds of a rare drop.

And for now, your only choice is to overkill some weak arena monsters (OneEye/Sleep Sprout) over and over and hoping for an overkill.

When you're strong enough to take on Dark Yojimbo easily, you can farm him over and over for Ribbon armors (kill him four times, then save and reload, you'll have to fight him five new times. He'll be gone when you kill him five times).

Jul 23, 07 at 2:49pm
FantasyFan

I'm trying to get Ribbon armors and I wanted to know if there is any way to increse the chances of a rare drop. I also have the Int. version of the game so there are dark aeons. I already beat Dark Valefor. Any other ways of getting Dark Matters? DONT GIVE ME LAND WORMS.

Jun 06, 07 at 4:15am
SoulSpark

quote Mace22
You'll ALWAYS land a Critical Hit, You will NEVER miss an attack and most opponent will NEVER hit you.

You forgot the most important part of that explanation. This only applies to physical attacks.

You also forgot that some physical attacks just can't be evaded. Like (Master/Don) Tonberry's "Chef's Knife" for example. ^_~

Jun 06, 07 at 3:22am
Mace22

Yeah, but I havn't gotten all the thunder plains monsters, the very last one is the one I can't find!
As previously mentioned, you're missing Qactuars.

And yeah, if Nemesis is so hard, how do you unlock him then huh? You didn't metion anything about that
I don't think anyone appreciates your accusatory tone, drop it.

To unlock Nemesis, you need to capture 10 of every capturable enemy in the game, and defeat every Area, Species and Original Creation at least once.

You'll ALWAYS land a Critical Hit, You will NEVER miss an attack and most opponent will NEVER hit you.

You forgot the most important part of that explanation. This only applies to physical attacks.

I don't think Luck raises Rare Drop chances
Luck only affects Critical Hit rate, Accuracy rate, and Evasion rate. It has nothing to do with anything else. Period.