Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy Tactics » FFT vs. FF7(story-wise) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If your message involves or pertains to several games of the Final Fantasy series, and not this game specifically, please post it within the General Final Fantasy Forum instead.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

hideOriginal Post

Jun 04, 02 at 1:58amVormav

Which is better? Both are clearly unequaled FF games, but which one (storyline wise) is more enlightening, more refined, better??? Please post intelligent, and explained opinions on the matter, thank you.

This thread, though not a complete clone also exists in the FF7 forum. Remember not to post your "fave" game, just say which of the 2 your prefer. Thanks.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 03, 12 at 11:47pm
DarkRue_Cloud

quote Hillandder
compare the history of FFT with FF7 is like compare Mozart with Bethoven, is two masterpiece.
I agree with this but I have to disagree that they are both on equal standing. Like a contest or a match in tennis or pool there needs to be a #1. My vote goes for FF7 as having a better overall game-play. while FFT would have be 2nd best compared to FF7. FFT story would have to take the win because i felt more captivated by it. However FF7's interactivity wins better game award imo.

Jul 09, 12 at 5:23am
Hillandder

FFT have a storyline more consistent and the sutel critic against the religion make my decision, FF7 have a history more like ambiental preservation.

But remember, compare the history of FFT with FF7 is like compare Mozart with Bethoven, is two masterpiece.

May 13, 10 at 4:20am
gobi1972

quote Dewd
you guys dunno me.. but i think ff7 kicks ass story-wise. the black and white materia can only be used in the lifestream, one being the black materia which casts a meteor with jenova in it and the white materia does the complete opposite of that you can choose the future by destroying it with the black materia or save it by using the white materia thasskewl.

oh..
baked
Actually, Black or White Materias have nothing to do with Jenova. Black Materia is a powerful spell which cast Meteor. In FF4 for example, the characters will inform ya that Meteo was so powerful, the Planet itself had sealed it away.

And Meteor doesn't destroy a Planet, it merely "reboot the system" (due to lack of proper words for it).

Feb 09, 10 at 3:15am
Dewd

you guys dunno me.. but i think ff7 kicks ass story-wise. the black and white materia can only be used in the lifestream, one being the black materia which casts a meteor with jenova in it and the white materia does the complete opposite of that you can choose the future by destroying it with the black materia or save it by using the white materia thasskewl.

oh..
baked

Aug 13, 04 at 2:44am
angel cheater 50

I make it too confusing Sorry, maybe I'm not good at stories, I just want to share my opinion.

Aug 13, 04 at 2:03am
Iscariot

§ · *sigh* All right, Angel Cheater, no offence or anything intended, but if you can't lace a single one of your posts in this thread with a hint of intelligence, I recommend just not saying anything at all. FFVII was three disks long because the graphics, music, enemies, and other data took up so much room. FFT's focus was almost completely story and gameplay, so the graphics were toned down to two-dimensionable and tolerable.
It's story spans probably about 3/4 the length of FFVII's, though it seems shorter because it's not dotted with hours of wandering and fighting off random battles. You still didn't explain what made FFVII's story interesting, and I don't have a clue what "little history and past" is supposed to mean, but frankly, you're not obligated to get real indepth with that, so we'll leave it at that.

Aug 11, 04 at 8:01pm
angel cheater 50

quote Snowfox Dreamer
§ · Did you catch the part of the thread title that said "story-wise"? If you happened to miss it, I'd like to kindly point it out. Now you said FFVII had an interesting story... why? What made it interesting? What made FFT's past 'not interesting'?
FFVII has a interesting because it three disk long and the story is long and interesting. FFT is not interesting because it battle suck and it has a little history and past.

Aug 10, 04 at 1:22am
Lakerfan08

FFT was better in my utmost oppinion. i mean it started out as a fight between you (the nobles) amd a bunch of thieves and rebels (the death corps) but it turned into a whole conspiricy type of thing involving all of the major groups in Ivalice, and the transition between the two was really good unluck a lot of other games. and i loved how it had a histroically idea. i mean back in the middle ages there were struggles over succession, and the church was corrupt and it was more powerful than the royal family, and the church did interact with other groups and exhiled people for opposing them. 7 was a good game too, but it was too sci-fi with its clones and the idea of the mako stream and such, and i prefer stories with more of a historical backround, and are more realistic.

Aug 10, 04 at 12:15am
Iscariot

§ · Did you catch the part of the thread title that said "story-wise"? If you happened to miss it, I'd like to kindly point it out. Now you said FFVII had an interesting story... why? What made it interesting? What made FFT's past 'not interesting'?

Aug 10, 04 at 12:08am
angel cheater 50

Sure
FF7 good things
-lots of sidequest
-interesting story line
-collecting materia
-good graphics
-interesting past
-fighting
-how to get a character sidequest
-sidequest for weapons
FFT good things
-sidequest
-interesting story line
-fighting
-How to get a character sidequest
-you can use anyone use to fight
FF7 bad things
-scary parts
-confusing story
FFT bad things
-no materia quest(I know that there no materia but we are comparing between FF7 and FFT)
-there not a lot of sidequest
-there no good graphics
-not a interesting past