Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » XFX 8600 GT XXX Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 20, 07 at 7:39amRedemption

After we published the 8600 GTS review we decided to take a few extra days to add brand new 7600GT and 6600 GT numbers to our review of the more budget priced 8600 GT.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 27, 07 at 2:10am
ParanahJoe

X1950 Pro FTW, WOOT! I'm especially lovin' mine even more with this new widescreen of mine.

Aug 26, 07 at 1:12pm
Iceguy2003

Nice review. Shows why I went with an x1950PRO. When I was building this PC, I was debating between 3 cards.... 7900GS, x1950PRO, and 8600GT. The x1950PRO was $150, had a massive cooler on it, and outperformed the others.

Aug 26, 07 at 12:54pm
raggmopp

If you have Windows VISTA you should know that there is no installation instructions available . . . you just have to figure it out for yourself. . . and you get no help from XFX. Their manual states "If you require additional information or assistance during installation, please contact your dealer..." Of course, if you go to your dealer, they tell you to contact your manufacturer . . . you gotta love it. My experience with EVGA was quite different and very satisfactory.

May 24, 07 at 9:12am
xentar

thank you for this review especialy for the gf6600GT numbers as i was considering upgrade from that card. I did

May 09, 07 at 1:47am
000DESTRUCT0

I'm glad I read that review.

quote Tim and Eric
Great Job.

I was wondering how well the 8600 series performed versus my 7600 GT. I was contemplating selling it in search of something newer but now, nah. I had also thought about getting another one for SLI but since they aren't DirectX 10 compatible I don't want to get another at this point in time, best to wait. Although, the brass hats at id Software recently expressed that they weren't too impressed by DirectX 10 or Vista.

May 01, 07 at 4:16pm
Tweaker

Hey Redemption have you guys looked at the front of the box yet to see the EVGA logo was between the dogs teeth (the drool)? And if its there whats with the vendor hatin going on these days, do some companies have tighter bonds with Nvidia or something vs others?

May 01, 07 at 12:27pm
siMehdi

I Thing also a very good comparison will be the one between the XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX vs Asus EN7900GS TOP. they are both about the same price, only the one with a DirectX10 and the athor with a DirectX 9. This kind of benchmarks is nowhere to be found.

Apr 23, 07 at 11:12pm
lukeqsee

I wonder what the benchmarks would show under Direct X 10 vs Direct X 9. I think that is where the 8600 holds it main power, since it has built-in Direct X 10 capability.

Apr 20, 07 at 7:39am
Redemption

After we published the 8600 GTS review we decided to take a few extra days to add brand new 7600GT and 6600 GT numbers to our review of the more budget priced 8600 GT.